one

Playful Adoration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE 

"Yu, wake up, you lazy pig!" An extremely annoying voice yelled out, somehow managing to pierce through Xinyu's bedroom door and the thick blanket that was currently over her head. Fore mentioned girl merely kept her eyes closed and continued sleeping, completely ignoring her older brother's shout.

Now, let's take a peek into Xinyu's dream, shall we? Currently, in her deluded fangirl mind, the nineteen year old girl was standing in under a cherry blossom tree with her longtime crush with her hands in his as they gazed lovingly into each other eyes. Despite the low chances of this actually happening (how about 0.000001%?) and the fact that both of them were not even in Japan, Xinyu firmly believed that this was real. After all, it was her dream and she calls the shots.

"Oh, Xinyu." He whispered tenderly, pressing a sweet kiss on her hand. Likewise, Xinyu followed suit and she murmured his name softly Xinyu stared into his dark eyes, her head tilted up since she was shorter than him.

The couple was alone without not a single soul in their nearby surroundings, giving them utmost privacy. A gentle breeze arrived and delicate cherry blossoms fell from the tree, dotting Xinyu's clothes with the lovely pink flowers. It was perfection, Xinyu and he alone together, in such a romantic scene.

His hand reached out and grasped her chin, pulling Xinyu towards him. Her heart pumping insanely fast, Xinyu leaned forward excitedly, as if she knew what was going to happen next, and rose to her toes as he leaned lower towards her. Blissfully, Xinyu closed her eyes in contentment, waiting in anticipation for his lips to press against her, giving her the most perfect kiss any girl could dream —

"Ah!" Xinyu's eyes flew open in shock as her back hit hard, cold floor. Her blanket was snatched away from her, robbing her out of warmth. Dazed for a moment, Xinyu pushed her black hair out of her face and glared mercilessly at the blond boy standing beside her.

"You didn't wake up." Luhan remarked a matter-of-tively, throwing the blanket onto Xinyu's bed (while dodging Xinyu's kicks). Putting a safe distance between Xinyu and himself, Luhan spoke up, "You have to do your laundry because I'm not doing it for you."

“I didn't say I'm not going to," Xinyu snapped as she climbed back onto her bed and wrapping herself once more with her blanket. "Come on, who actually does their laundry so early?" She demanded boisterously.

Luhan scoffed before reprimanding his younger sister. Jabbing a finger at Xinyu's bedside clock, Luhan shouted, "Miss, it's already eleven. The sun's already up and shinning at your .”

Xinyu dismissed Luhan's words, already pulling her blanket over her head. "So? I'll do the laundry later." She off-handedly promised, much to Luhan's chagrin.

"That's not the point. Don't you have class later in the afternoon?" Luhan pointedly asked and Xinyu went rigid under her blanket. Throwing the blanket away, Xinyu bolted out of bed, screaming frantically as she did so.

", , !" Xinyu cursed before letting out a string of vulgarities in Mandarin. She threw her wardrobe doors open and grabbing a pair of jeans before reproachfully wailing at her elder brother, "Damn it, ge. Why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

"I did but you ignored me." Luhan faked coughed and Xinyu shot a venomous glare at the blond who wisely pretended to zipped up his lips.

"Get out, ge." Xinyu scowled before shoving Luhan out of the bedroom.

As she stripped out of her shorts, Xinyu groaned in exasperation. She couldn't afford to be late for Professor Park's class, plus the fact that she still haven't quite finished the paper due today. Not that she was lazy, mind you, Xinyu was just... busy.

Zipping up her jeans and with her book bag in her hand, Xinyu flung the bedroom door open and headed straight towards the kitchen where Luhan was, calm and relaxed on his chair and a plate of sandwiches in front of him.

"Oh, how nice of you, ge. You made me breakfast." Xinyu sweetly exclaimed before snatching the plate from under Luhan's nose, much to his surprise. In three seconds flat, Xinyu had finished the plate of ham and cheese sandwiches and returned Luhan his plate.

"It's lunch." Luhan grumbled, standing up to make another serving.

"Breakfast, lunch, it's all the same." Xinyu beamed innocently before waving goodbye. Her eyes glanced briefly at the wall clock and she gasped dramatically. "Wow, l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter