Brother | Phone Call

Soulmates

 

Chapter 1:

I’m an average girl who lived an average life. My family isn’t that rich, but we can survive. I have loving parents and a very handsome younger brother. I graduated high school with honors and I’m pursuing fashion designing.

I may not be that great, but I’m a very simple person and I can be fun to hang-out with. Well, that’s what I think.

I used to be the queenka of my middle and high school. I know you’re thinking right now, ‘Then you act like a , eh?’ ‘I thought you were the protagonist of the story.’ ‘You’re ugly.’ No, no, it’s not like that. I’m actually the kindest queenka of the school.

So…going back to the story…

It’s 3 in the afternoon and I’m in my room, surfing up the net, stalking my favorite ulzzangs. I love ulzzangs more than idol groups.

“Noonaaaaa! Noonaaa! Let’s go to the playground.” Here comes my 15-year old brother, Lee Janghun, who acts like a three-year old. See, he loves going to the playground. That’s where his crush usually hangs out. “Let’s go?”

I glared at his bashful face. “I’m tired, Janghun.”

“But you promised to take me there yesterday.” He pouted. “If I don’t end up with Sanyu, I’m going to blame you for all this.”

“She’s just a girl, dongsaeng. She’s not that important.” I muttered as I closed my macbook. And turned to face him. “Are you going to replace your family with her?”

“Hmph.” He muttered as he walked out of my room and slammed the door. What a baby. Wanna know the reason why he’s like that?

He’s a mama’s boy. Shh…don’t tell him I told it to you. Our mother always pampers him and treats him like he’s still a one-year old kid. Bleeehh. Sometimes, I just wanna vomit because of him.

I pity his soon to be girlfriend. He’s handsome, I know, just like me. But his attitude…crap, I just can’t explain it on words.

“Jiyun?” Oh, damn, here comes our mother. “What did you do to my baby again? Why is he crying?”

“Seriously now, umma? He’s a teenager. Stop spoiling him.” I rolled my eyes. “I’m tired. Leave me alone.” I said as I laid on my bed, my back facing her.

“You know what had happened to him when he was a child, right? Just…try to make him happy.” My mother whispered as she left my room.

Here comes my explaining again.

Janghun…well…he’s a cancer survivor. He fought with Leukemia when he was still five. That’s why my mother pampers him so much.

“Noona?” His head popped up from the doorway. “Can we go now?” I sighed before standing up.

As we were about to leave, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID. It was an unknown number. Janghun tilted his head on the side.

“Yobosaeyo?”

“Is this Lee Jiyun?” A male voice answered from the other line.

“Yes, this is her.”

“Well, I’m Park Shihun from Cube Entertainment…”