Prologue

Promises aren't made to be broken

 

It’s always on a rainy and stormy day like this that Seohyun feels extremely sad. It was raining and storming when he created the promise. It was also raining and storming when he broke it. And now, it was raining and storming on her wedding day.

Seohyun toys around with the ring as she gazes at the pouring rain through the window. Her hair is tied up into a low sock bun by her stylist. Her make-up highlighting her high cheekbones, nose structure and her doe-like eyes while showing off her flawless pale-white skin, making her seem like a living porcelain doll.

“Joohyun-ah, let’s go.” Her mom said as she takes the ring from Seohyun’s hand and places it on a table. “They’re waiting for the bride now.”

Seohyun takes a last glance at the ring before standing up, swiping off the creases at her dress and sadly looks at her mom.

“Please smile, Joohyun. If you can’t be happy, can you just fake it?” her mom pleads.

“You can’t fake happiness, mom.” Seohyun turned away.

The fateful day has come, and Seohyun can’t run away from it. It’s too late now. Unless…

“He’s not going to come.” Her mom places her hands on Seohyun’s shoulder and squeezes it. “He’s never going to come.”

“I…” Seohyun says, as her vision blurs by the tears that are forming in her eyes.

“I’m sure he wouldn’t want you to fall into pieces like this.” Her father says, as he enters the room to check on her daughter. “I’m sure he wants you to be happy.”

A tear trickles down her cheeks. Her father wipes it before hugging her.

“He promised…” It comes out as a croak. Her tears start to fall like rain, smudging her make-up.

“And how many more promises must he break to make you realise,” her father raises his voice, clearly frustrated at his daughter. But of course, she’s been through a lot, and who wouldn’t cry if they were in her shoes? Her father realises this and decides to calm down. “He’s never coming back.”

______________________________________________

A/N:

How was it?

It's short.  I know. It's just a prologue.

Hopefully my first chapter can be longer ><

The next chapter will be the day they met? I dunno LOL.

And if you guys are wondering what the ring looks like, it's this.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSw-bSMEm_XuFDqEdJRQY9

I like this ring. It has a deep meaning to it :)

Luhan gave this to her.

Question :

Who do you think is Seohyun's groom?

Anyways, thanks for subsribing and commenting. It's deeply appreciated.

SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT ^^