Give me the blanket!

Battle for the Blanket

She was cold.

 

Utterly and bitterly cold.

 

With her arms and legs bare and chilled against the winter morning, Park Bom squirmed and shivered, yearning and aching for the robbed warmth, wanting nothing more than to burrow deeper back into the sleep-induced oblivion and avoid the inevitable start of day.

 

Pretty please...Just a little longer...

 

Outstretching her right arm, her feeble hand began to roam around, probing for the familiar feel of fabric. With her hand immediately hitching onto the folds of blanket rolled and tucked behind her waist, she seized it and yanked upward as hard as she could. It remained solidly and annoyingly still, snagged by something unknown. She tugged again, but to no avail.  Wholly provoked and firing open her lethargic, tired eyes, she slowly lifted her heavy head and groaned.

 

Lazily shoving aside the cascade of messy, scarlet-tresses, she pulled her fatigued left arm from underneath and grabbed hold of the furrowed cover and heaved once more. Her reward was a sleepy, gruff grunt and a dramatic shuffling of the layers. The weight beside her shifted and lurched away, and to her utter dismay, the blanket was snatched from her promising hands.

 

Bom promptly realized it wasn't something that the bloody blanket was anchored to, it was someone. Defeated, Bom hoisted her body to her side and propped her groggy head on her elbow only to look down upon the half- back of a sprawled figure of the man.

 

Repressing the inner rage to karate-kick him off the bed, Bom huffed an aimed sigh at her matted bangs. Gritting her teeth, she suddenly lunged forward, gripped the fabric, and yanked as hard as her drained body could, finally extracting the covers from the man. The hasty maneuver detangled the figure from the covers and made him reflexively turn towards her. Yet he made no move to liberate the precious covers but instead shot out an impatient arm, ensnared her elbow, and pulled her body suddenly against his.

 

"Tabi, give me some of the damn blankets," she grumbled impatiently, instantaneously pushing against his bare chest and trying to release his vice-like grip on her waist. His eyes and face remained motionless and shut as he made no moves to comply and suitably ignore her death-like request. Exasperated, Bom clawed and dug her sharp nails into his chest and stomach, hoping to grant his stone body some grief.

 

"Seriously, I want some of the blankets," she hissed loudly in his ear and violently struggled, moving her hand now to shake off his iron wrists on her lower back. She leaned her body further back, hoping that the sheer weight would break off his grasp.

 

But adding onto her rising insult, he only responded with a somnolent groan, pulling her slowly further towards him, easily overwhelming her efforts. As Bom began to open to chastise him for his incredulous and childish behavior, he niftily enveloped her lips with his, swallowing her irate words. Taken fully off guard, Bom's eyes widened before they shut instinctively, allowing the sudden kiss to send her mind into a sweet stupor. His lips and kiss were soft, gentle, undemanding, and screamed of half-heartedness. Bom's eyes shot open again and bore into his immobile ones. Then, with gleeful retaliation, she sank her sharp teeth into his lower lip, biting down-- hard.

 

She felt him shift a little and smirked inwardly, hoping this will stop his tyrannical reign on her poor imprisoned blanket. But instead of recoiling his injured lip from her zealous ones, he dove and sank into her, crushing and deepening the kiss and drawing her inevitably close. Raising his large hand upward, he carefully caressed and cradled the back of her neck, gingerly running his fingers against the crimson hair and bringing her ever closer. With all her reasoning hastily flung out the window, Bom felt her eyes leisurely shut again as she fell deeper into his fervent kiss.

 

A small gasp escaped her parted lips as his continued to explore hers pleasurably and she could only respond instinctively to his demands. Delicious tingles spread across her heart and body as her heartbeat accelerated with each kiss. Her free hand gently made its way up his cerulean hair and gently tugged. She shivered as his lips parted hers again, claiming and demanding entry into .

 

Park Bom shivered...

Shivered...Shivered.... SHIVERED...

Damnit... this man.

He was distracting her.

 

She stiffened as her mind came reeling back to cold-hard reality. She was still freezing, bitterly so, in fact. Her blanket, her sweet, warm blanket, was still under his totalitarian rule and was kept kidnapped from her frigid body. At this, Bom cast another fierce look at the man. The slimy bastard. He knew her weakness and took every chance to take advantage of them. His calloused hands danced lower onto her back and slithered his way up her shirt.

 

He meant to catch her off guard again.

He tried to divert her from her original goal.

This... blue-haired alien.

Oh, no.

Not today.

Not without my permission.

 

His rough hand began to peel her shirt off her stomach and she glowered, prying and studying TOP's familiar features, uncovering his conniving and devious scheme he had hidden under a feigned innocent sleepy demeanor.

 

Four and a half years of marriage to the scalawag had only made her grow sharply aware of his cunning conspiracy and tactics. Reflecting back, she had to question her own damned sanity on why she had agreed tie herself down to this big, half- oaf for all eternity. He was arrogant, pompous, self-centered, short-tempered, and narcissistic--they were complete opposites and they butted heads every day without fail over the most minute things.

 

He had a way with his haughty words and that disconcerting stare of his. Bom could feel the churning aggravation well in her chest just at the mere thought. This younger man knew how to push all her buttons, grate, and exasperate the very nerve that made her sane. It seemed as if he practically lived for it.

 

"Choi Seung-hyun," She snapped, clutching and stopping his ever-roaming hands from voyaging any lower, "I'm freakin' freezing. Give me the blankets... NOW!"

 

He popped an eye open, the hazy shade of sleep still prowling in the pools of his darkened orbs. Shadows from his growing stubble graced his sharp features and his ridiculous blue hair was struck out in odd, yet deliberate angles. Yet something in his enthralling and vivid gaze made her catch her heart and breath in .

 

She tried to blink and steady her suddenly besieged thoughts. Both his eyes opened and darkened considerably as he locked her brown eyes with his, a quiet dare filing the abruptly hot air. Bom felt her cheeks flush, her stomach coil, her heart race, and her eyes dilate. No other man had made her feel quite like this.

 

No one.

Not one.

All except him.

But...

She would have it no other way.

 

Despite the daily turmoil and the inexorable faults he flooded her with, and the hair-pulling, maddening moments of his devious deeds, Bom had to confess without a single cloud of doubt that she did indeed...love the infuriating lout. Helplessly and very much so, in fact.

 

Sensing her hesitation, TOP reached and moved for her again. Nimbly reading his intentions, Bom pressed a firm hand on his hard chest.

 

"But I'm cold, Tabi,"

 

TOP's eyes furrowed as they instantly heated and danced with familiar and burning passion, making Bom's toes curl anxiously and her soft lips to part with expectancy.

 

"Not for long," he replied quietly, his deep voice filling the air for the first time. He pushed his hand against her back and cloaked her small body resolutely to his. "Not for long," he echoed again against her soft lips.

 

 

 

**** Thank you for reading--- props to a good friend for coming up with the basics. Please let me know what you think!!********