First and Final Chapter

Love + Betrayal = Bitter-sweet ending

 

“Teacher Sungmin, can you tell us a story?”

“What kind of story do you want to hear?”

“Uhm, can it be the story of Kyuhyun and SooYoung?”

“That again? You’ve heard that for a couple of times already!” I said chuckling.

“But we want to hear it still.”

“Ok ok.”

 

~~~~

 

4 days ago, SooYoung called me. She said we have to meet at the mall and she has something to tell me. It was already 7 in the evening, I just came from work, I want to surprise her because I just got promoted. I was very happy at that time; finally, I have a stable job. I think it is also time for me to ask her to marry. That’s why I went to a jewelry shop and bought a ring. I sent her a message:I also have something to tell you.We’ve been dating for almost 6 years now.

 

 It was 8pm then, I saw her. She was sitting in a bench elegantly. But something seems wrong with her. I just shrugged it off and approached her.

 

“SooYoung”, I said excitedly

“Oppa”, she said with a light smile. “What is it that you want to tell me?”

“Let’s eat first” I said and grabbed for her hand. Surprisingly, she took it back and lowered her head.

“Oppa, what do you want to tell me?” she said quietly. *What is with her?*

“Ahm.. Why don’t you go first? What will you tell me?”

She looked up at me with those sad eyes of her. Her eyes are starting to accumulate tears. *What?*

 

“I am pregnant…

… with your best friend, Sungmin’s, child…”

 

*WHAT? WHAT IS SHE SAYING? HOW COULD THAT HAPPEN?*

 

“We were drunk when it happened. I’m very sorry. Sorry.” She said while crying. Just as when I thought I came back to my senses, my own tears started rolling to my cheeks. She ran away from me. I was left there for a moment…

 

I ran after her, but she’s already gone. I was left there crying, holding the ring I should’ve given to her. I was so ready to ask her:

 

 I want to spend my aging years with you…

… SooYoung, will you marry me?

 

But, everything happened. What’s done is done. I tried to find her, but I was not successful. I decided to walk to my house. It was raining at that time, as if the sky is feeling what I feel at the moment.

 

Time felt like slowing. I saw SooYoung from not so far. There’s a man trying to get her bag. The man’s one hand holding on her bag, while the other’s clutching on a gun. SooYoung shouted for help. I ran to her and tried to snatch the gun from the man but even before I had the chance to grab the gun, the man already shot SooYoung..

 

 

I was shocked. I hurriedly went to SooYoung.

 

“…Kyuhyun… I still love you. I didn’t want things to get in our way. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you…”

 

I hugged her. I hugger her tightly. I hugged the woman I love. The reason why I laugh, why I cry, why I get sad. The reason why I am living this life. I hugged her tightly.

 

Then I heard another gunshot. Another gunshot that ended both of our lives, but not our love for each other.

 

~~~~

“Teacher, I still wonder how you knew their story.” One kid said.

“And how the guy who betrayed his best friend also named Sungmin. Just like you teacher!” one girl pouted.

“OMO! Maybe it’s you teacher! NOOOOO!” a kid exclaimed.

 

It’s always like this whenever I end the story. Well, yes, it is me.

 

I regret making their love story have a bitter ending.

 

 

I regret it with my whole heart and soul.

 

-----

Author's note:

 

I hope you liked it :)