Final

Years Later

Luhan never thought she would leave, he never thought about losing her. She had been the one keeping him in place. She reminded him to eat when he was busy with practice, she made little things for him despite him constantly teasing her about her bad handicraft, and she made sure that everything was in check for him.

He had been one reckless guy, he thought. It was only when she left did he realise that he needed nothing else but her, and he didn’t want to admit it, but his life was a mess after she left. She had been nothing but understanding, while he had been nothing but a jerk.

“She’s not going to come back to you, Luhan. You’ve hurt her, more than you ever imagined,” He remembered Seohyun’s words when he met her on the corridor of the SM Building, and he had asked Seohyun how Yoona was doing. How Seohyun had known that he was going to ask her back, he didn’t know. He never asked how Yoona was doing anymore, and he didn’t ask her to come back to him again. Whether it was him lacking the courage to ask her to come back, or he just thought she would be better without him, he didn’t know. After all, he had hurt her.

“Unnie, you look really pretty today,” Seohyun exclaimed, holding her unnie’s hands in hers.

Yoona smiled back.

“He’s coming today, unnie. I told you you shouldn’t invite him here, how awkward will it be?” Seohyun questioned.

Yoona stayed in silence, smiling back at Seohyun. She just thought that he needed to be here, to see that she would be happy. Maybe, he could move on.

Yoona never thought she would leave Luhan. She thought, for the rest of her life, she would be happy and comfortable with him. She liked it when they cuddled on the couch of their apartment, they would either stay in silence or just talk. She liked it when he caressed her cheek. She liked it when she opened her eyes in the morning to see him sleeping beside her like a child.

Yoona would remind Luhan to eat when he was busy with practice. She would spend time making key chains so that he could hang them on his bag, even when he said that her handicraft was bad. She would spend time making photo frames that wouldn’t fit in with the style of their apartment so that she could put in pictures of the two of them.

She didn’t know that he was suffocating him when she texted him constantly. She didn’t know that he couldn’t breathe when she called him every night. She didn’t want him to be unhappy, so, she left.

She wanted to go back, badly. But she stayed. She couldn’t go back, not when it would make both him and her unhappy. She went through a terrible time of her own, and Kai had been there for her.

Kai was good. She didn’t have to initiate calling or texting, for it was always Kai calling and texting her when they were dating. Sometimes, she wondered if she loved Kai, confused by her own feelings. Kai was the opposite of Luhan. But there were some things that she couldn’t do with him. She couldn’t make key chains and photo frames for Kai; she couldn’t cuddle with Kai on the couch all day. They all reminded her of Luhan, and she was confused, maybe even now, minutes before the wedding would start.

“You can’t regret now, Im Yoona,” she told herself.

As Luhan stepped into the hotel, he saw the picture of Kai and Yoona.

She looks good in white, he thought.

In the past, he had always dreamt of proposing to her. He promised her that she would wear a wedding dress one day; he promised he would buy her a big diamond ring when he proposed.

However, she had said, “Just don’t make me wait till I’m 50. I’ll be old and ugly. I don’t need a big diamond ring too. If it’s you, I’ll say yes,”

He had smiled at her reply.

“Aren’t you going in? You’ve been staring at the picture for some time now,”

Luhan turned his head and saw Seohyun standing beside him, her eyes locked with his. He hadn’t noticed he had been staring at the picture.

“Where’s Yoona?” he asked softly.

“In the room,” Seohyun replied, before making her way to speak with the other guests.

Luhan walked in the direction of the room. He wanted to congratulate her for finding her happiness, for finding someone she could share her feelings with. It hurt, however, to know that he couldn’t fulfil all the promises he had made to her, and that the groom isn’t him.

Yoona played with her fingers. She was nervous. It was just minutes before she would say “Yes” to Kai, just minutes before she would be deemed as Mrs Kim. She didn’t know if he would come, she hoped he would though. She hoped he would move on, just like she had. She knew, however, there would still be a little part of her that would miss the times they had together, and she had kept a little space in a heart for Luhan.

Yoona knew that Kai knew about Luhan, and how Luhan was to her too. Kai understood, and she was sure, she loved him back.

Luhan stopped outside the room. He breathed in before placing his hand on the door knob and turning it. He felt breathless for a moment when he looked at her. She was beyond beautiful.

Kim Jong In sure is one lucky man, he thought.

Yoona stopped playing with her fingers and looked up.

“You came,” she whispered, smiling at him.

Luhan nodded.

They stayed silent for a moment, before he said, “Congratulations on your wedding,”.