Final

Revenge vs. Love

 

revenge vs. love
 

Image

»Yoona was waiting for her boyfriend to arrive. She specially reserved a table in their favorite restaurant. She somewhat regret dating a model, Xi Luhan. For the past 2 years of their relationship they never had some quality time together. He’s always busy, but what hurts her most is that Luhan is linked to her best friend, Seo Joohyun another famous model. Yoona is just a plain coffee shop owner, her parents must be rich but she never asked for their help neither Seohyun knows who she really is. She’s very secretive and doesn’t talk that much. She was shocked when Luhan asked her to be his girlfriend. Who would think a model would ask a coffee shop owner to be his girlfriend when they only talked for a couple of times. Yoona does know Luhan, they were both schoolmates when she was in China and didn’t expect to see Luhan in Seoul.

****

Yoona was smiling, remembering all the things she did with Luhan though it’s not that much. She snapped out of her thoughts when the restaurant’s door open, revealing a couple she didn’t expect to see, Luhan and Seohyun. Yoona accidentally let go of her glass, causing it to break and making Luhan and Seohyun see her. She tried to stop the tears fall from her eyes. She was nothing compared to Seohyun but what is worst, Seohyun betrayed her. She treated her as a sister but she just betrayed her. She immediately got her bag and walked past the couple not looking at them, it will just hurt her more. Luhan caught a glimpse of Yoona’s face who tried her best to cover. Luhan followed her and saw her sitting by a tree.

‘Why am I here?’ He asked himself.

 He honestly doesn’t like her, her just asked her because of a bet. He walked to her and saw her crying. He felt somewhat guilty.

“Yoona-ah,”

“Go away!”

“Yoona,”

“Just go away Mr. Xi Luhan! I know you don’t love me, if I did listen to Yuri that you are just doing this because of a bet I wouldn’t be hurt like this. I just don’t know why guys like toying with innocent girls and hurting them. I didn’t think that my love story will be just like those fanfics all over the net. Why didn’t I even notice a model would never ever date a coffee shop owner,” She said sarcastically looking deeply into his eyes, piercing it.

“But remember this; tell Seohyun that I’ll make you regret hurting me. I’ll be a better lady Luhan. I’ll crush you into pieces; I’ll step on you like trash,”

Luhan stood their frozen. He didn’t think Yoona can tell those things to him. He was really inconsiderate of others feelings, but he won’t let her go away without a word from him.

“If you can, Im Yoona. You will always be a coffee shop owner,” He rolled his eyes.

“You don’t know who Im Yoona is. No one knows this girl, will be more successful than you,” She said walking away. Luhan face palmed his self.

‘I don’t know what will happen,’ he thought.

****

“Noona, why are you crying?”

Yoona’s brother, Im Jaebum caressed her sister’s hair. This is the first time Yoona went home crying after she finally had her coffee shop.

“Yoona, answer us please,” Yoona’s father was holding his daughter by her shoulder.

“Luhan, he’s going out with Seohyun behind my back all this time,” She finally uttered.

 She clenched her fist.

“What?!”

“I’ll make Luhan suffer,” Her father was furious.

“No appa, I wanna make them regret things by myself,”

“I was the one who forced you to answer him,” His brother said.

“Jaebum, it’s not your fault. It’s mine; I was too clouded by my feelings. I was too dumb to notice, he can never love me,” She buried herself on Jaebum’s chest. He slowly wrapped his arms around his sister.

“What do you want to do now?” Her mother asked.

“I wanna make my revenge. I want them to regret what they did?”

“Yoona, don’t you think it’s a little bit useless. What if they don’t even care if you get your revenge?” Her mother said.

“I’ll step on him like a trash. He hurt me; I’ll make him pay,”

“How about Seohyun?”

“Same goes with her,” A small smirk formed from her lips.

“Yoona, what do you want to do first?”

“Umma, can I go to New York?” She asked.

“Why?”

“Umma, you remembered when you wanted me to become a model?”

“Yes,”

“I wanna do it now. I want to make Luhan and Seohyun regret. I’ll do better than them and show them how this girl can turn their lives upside down. Luhan doesn’t know we do own the modeling agency where he works,”

“But why in New York? We do have our entertainment company here,” Her father asked.

“I wanna change myself, where no one will know that I’m slowly changing myself. In 3 years time, at the same day, I’ll go back,” She said anger taken over her.

“But---“

“Jaebum, please no more buts. Your noona sure thinks this is the right decision,”

“Okay,”

“We’ll be booking your flight, so you can go to New York tomorrow. But where will you stay?” Jaebum asked.

“Remember my childhood friend, Kai? He asked me to join his modeling agency last month but I rejected it. So I’ll try calling him tonight, good night,” She forced a smile and hugged her family.

She went to her room, still with a forced smile. She sighed as she fell to her knees. She was sobbing but her anger showed again causing her to wipe the tears from her eyes forcefully before heading to her bed and dialed Kai’s number.

“yoboseyo?”

“Hi Kai,”

“Oh Yoona!”

“Kai, do you remember that you told me you modeling agency wants me to be their model? Do they still want me?”

“Of course, so when will you go here?” His voice clearly showed happiness.

“Tomorrow, first flight in the morning,”

“Great then, but why did you accept it all of a sudden?”

“Do I have to answer that? Don’t you want me to come?” She forced a small chuckle.

“Okay, you must sleep now. You only got a few hours to prepare and sleep. But what’s the reason?”

“I’ll tell you tomorrow,”

“Okay.”

“Bye Kai,”

Yoona started preparing her things and glanced at her clock, she still have 9 hours. She finished fixing her things, she remembered what happened earlier. She was really deeply hurt, she started crying again. Her brother was listening to her, he was on her door since she went in. He felt pity for her sister.

“Wait for my revenge Luhan,”

****

“Kai, I’m here,” She turned around still talking to Kai on the phone.

“Yoona,” He hugged her tightly.

“Kai, you look so handsome,”

“I know,” She let out a chuckle.

“Kkamjong!”

“Yah!”

“Come on, I’m tired but let’s meet your boss first,”

“Sure,”

****

Kai drove Yoona to their building and went to his boss’s office.

“Hello, Yoona is here,” Kai said.

The lady turned around.

“So you’re Yoona, nice to meet you, I’m Jung Sooyeon but I prefer when you call me Jessica,” She said.

“Nice to meet you Jessica-ssi,”

“What made you accept our offer this late?”

Yoona started telling the story and made Kai mad. He obviously didn’t approve Luhan, he sees Luhan as a monster, and he despises him a lot.

“So I see, Yoona can you stand please,” Yoona stood up.

“Turn around,”

“I see there will be no problem. You’re pretty, you have a slender figure, you’re tall and you’re complexion is good,”

“So when will we start?” Jessica asked.

“Next week,” Yoona said.

“Okay, we’ll be going now. Yoona still needs to rest,”

“Okay, bye Yoona hope we become good friends,”

“Sure,” Yoona smiled and walked with Kai.

****

Today was Yoona’s first day as a model. She was wanted by a lot of magazines, fashion shows, designers, TV and everything. She was popular in an instant.

“Yoona, you are very good. I’m so happy you’re in our company. I’m so proud of you, chingu-ah!” Jessica hugged Yoona tightly.

“Unnie,” She whined.

“Let’s go out today,” Kai suggested.

“Sure,”

****

Luhan was on his bed tossing and turning, he was thinking of the girl Im Yoona. It’s been a week since they broke up but he missed her. He wasn’t sure of his feelings but he sure did love her a lot. He like do things he enjoy like, going out with her, playing under the rain, building sand castles. He never did this with Seohyun. Seohyun doesn’t like to get dirty; she doesn’t want to play under the rain. He missed the times he enjoyed life with Yoona. He didn’t know why he said those words to her, why he hurt her. He tried asking her friends, but the news spread very fast because of Seohyun’s big mouth. Seohyun was very proud she can finally date Luhan freely.

“Oppa!” Seohyun entered Luhan’s door without knocking.

“Why are you?” He asked her.

“Let’s go out. I wanna go shopping,”

“Seohyun, aren’t you tired spending a lot of money for useless things? Can you just please leave me alone for once?” He finally uttered.

Seohyun’s face fell, she glared at Luhan.

“Please oppa,” She made a puppy eyes.

“Stop that, you’re not pleasing me,”

“Oppa,” She pouted.

He still ignored her.

“Oppa, if you won’t accompany me. I’ll break up with you,”

 “If you can then do it,”

 Seohyun can’t believe her ears, Luhan just said he can accept it if she broke up with him.

“Luhan oppa,”

“What?” Luhan was really irritated.

“Mianhae,” She said and kissed his lips.

“Just go for now, Seohyun,”

“But oppa. Can’t I just stay?”

“Seohyun, did I just told you I wanna be alone for this time being?!” Luhan raised his voice causing Seohyun to step back.

“Sorry,” He said softly.

“Okay, bye oppa. I have to go now, I just remembered I need to do something very important,” She gave him a peck on the cheeks.

Luhan was left there alone, still staring at the flowers on his garden below. He missed it when Yoona and he will be planting sunflowers.

‘Yoona, when will we meet again?’ he thought.

****

Yoona, Jessica and Kai went to a bar. Yoona kept on drinking and drinking while Kai and Jessica just stared at her.

“Yoona, you’re drinking too much,”

“Just let me be like this for once Kai. I didn’t have the chance to feel like this after he broke up with me,”

“Yoona, stop drinking,”

“He’s not worth for this,”

“He is,”

Jessica put her glass on the table.

“Why did he do it to me? Am I not pretty? Am I that naïve?”

“Yoona,”

“I’m a fool, for believing that he loves me,” Yoona kept on drinking.

“You’re not the fool Yoona, he is,” Yoona started hitting herself.

“Kai, let’s bring Yoona home now, she’s drunk,” Jessica suggested.

“I’m not drunk,” Yoona stood up and walked, Kai carried her.

“Kai bring me down,”

“Not here, Im Yoona,”

Kai and Jessica brought Yoona home. Luckily, Yoona fell asleep on the way. She was sleeping peacefully before Kai went to his room.

****

It’s been 3 years since Yoona became a model in New York. She’s always been wanted by companies because of her beauty. She’s been offered a lot of projects; she was in a countless fashion shows. She is very successful but her attitude didn’t change she’s still humble and kind. Kai and Jessica will always be telling her to change her attitude towards other people, but she’ll always be saying that she’ll only be mean to those who were mean to her, specifically Luhan and Seohyun. Jessica and Kai always monitored Yoona’s popularity in Seoul. She’s top 1, while Luhan and Kai were just below her.

****

Luhan on the other half was also busy with endorsements and stuffs. But he still has time to think of Yoona. She was always on his mind no matter what he is doing. He tries his best to keep Seohyun as his girlfriend though he hates her. He’s just too afraid to hurt Seohyun just like what he did to Yoona. Sometimes, he can’t prevent talking about Yoona in front of Seohyun causing her to act childish and jealous. Seohyun can’t stand the fact that though Luhan told her she doesn’t love Yoona, but does think of her during a lot of times. He doesn’t know that Yoona is more popular than him in Seoul. No one dared to tell him not even his best friends, they wanted him to move on tough they knew he doesn’t love her.

****

“Yoona, I just accepted a project in Seoul,” Jessica informed her friend.

“Okay, but----“

She was scared. She’s scared to meet Luhan again.

“Yoona, I know. I know you’re afraid to meet him again, but it’s your chance. You’ve been waiting for this moment,”

“Okay. When will we leave?”

“The next day,”

****

“Luhan, you’ll be working with one of the most famous model in New York,” His manager told him.

“What’s her name?”

“Im Yoona,” Luhan was shocked.

“Im Yoona? How?”

“Yes, Im Yoona. Here’s a photo of her for High Cut Magazine,”

Luhan’s eyes widened as he saw his ex-girlfriend on the photo. Im Yoona is now more famous than him; she will really get her revenge.

‘I hope, things will be fine,’ he thought.

****

“It’s nice to be back,” Yoona smiled as she got off the plane.

She was welcomed by reporters.

“How’s your flight Miss Im?”

“It’s great, it’s been 3 years since I left Seoul,” She smiled.

Flashes came from everywhere.

“Yoona, your father will announce you as his daughter on your party,” Jessica said.

“Thanks unnie,”

“Miss Im, what’s your relationship with Kai?” She let out a small chuckle.

“A friend,”

“Is he really just a friend, Miss Im? Or more than friends,” She just smiled as she walked away.

****

“Luhan, get ready. We will be going to Im Yoona’s party,”

“Okay,” He wore clothes that would look good in him but didn’t overdo it.

He headed to the press conference with Seohyun.

“Oppa, who would think Yoona, a coffee shop owner will be a famous model, but I know I’m more popular than her. I’m prettier right?” Seohyun hold onto Luhan’s arm as they went inside.

 They saw Yoona who stood up the most with her dress, beside her was the CEO of Luhan’s modeling agency and OZ Entertainment.

“Good evening, everyone. As you all know, this is a party for Im Yoona. But I have some important announcements,” Jaebum, Yoona’s brother started talking.

“This includes family and business reasons,” Mr. Im said.

“Im Jaebum, my son will explain everything to you,”

Jaebum stepped forward and looked at the guests as he started to clear his throat.

“Hello, I’m Im Jaebum known to be the only heir of OZ Entertainment. But did you ever wonder if Im Jaebum has a sibling, I guess not because my sister and my family agreed not to reveal her on public because she wanted to have a private life. Three years ago, my sister went to New York because of an incident. Her name is Im Yoona, yes the most famous model here in Seoul, topping over Xi Luhan. She was a very private person and chose to own a coffee shop than to work in our company. We are somewhat disappointed that she worked on a company in New York than on ours but we’re glad she’s back for good. Let’s welcome my sister, Im Yoona,”

 Yoona went beside him.

“Thank you, Jaebum. Everyone must have known me as a model, but as Jaebum said a while ago. I own a small coffee shop before, but because of personal reasons I decided to stay in America and became the Yoona you knew today. I was afraid to become popular to have haters and stuffs before but I slowly adjusted to things and became comfortable. And one of the most famous models of Seoul is her in front of you so let’s start the party!”

Yoona went down.

“Ms. Im, please explain more,” The reporters crowded around her. She just smiled at them.

The party started, Yoona came greeting her guests with Kai on her side. She came to Luhan and Seohyun’s table.

“Hello,” She smiled at them.

“Hello Yoona,” Seohyun said.

“How’s life now Luhan?” Yoona asked him.

 He was uncomfortable seeing the new Yoona in front of him.

“We’re fine Yoona. So how about you?” Seohyun asked.

“Me? Of course, I’m perfectly fine. I’m happy that you lose against me in popularity,” Yoona smirked. Seohyun frowned.

“Im Yoona,”

“What?”

“I hope we can work well,” Luhan said.

“Of course, I’ll be your only chance to regain your popularity,”

“He doesn’t need you,”

“Who says? Will you make his popularity higher?”

“What will the others think about Luhan, dumping his CEO’s daughter?” Yoona smirked.

“Seohyun, I was never grateful to be your best friend, what’s on your eyes? Tears?”

 Tears started flowing from Seohyun’s eyes. Yoona stopped smiling and became serious.

“I told you, there will be a day when I’ll be the one laughing while you are crying,” Yoona stared at Seohyun’s eyes deeply causing Seohyun to look away.

“Yoona, stop this,” Luhan said.

“I won’t. You never felt sorry for me, you looked very happy dating behind my back. Seohyun was too dumb to fall for you, maybe she’s the reason why we broke up, but just to think of it she’s acting like a kid at this very moment. Seohyun the crybaby, yes, I remembered that when were in 3rd grade, am I right?”

Seohyun can’t control her feelings and throw her champagne at Yoona. Yoona is now soaking wet. Luhan was shocked, he wasn’t able to move. He just came back to his senses when he realized that the reporters crowded around them. Kai took his coat and gave it to Yoona. Yoona struggled to escape the scene. Luhan helped Seohyun go outside.

****

“Yoona’s getting on my nerves!” Seohyun stomped her feet.

Luhan just stared at her.

“Luhan say something!” She whined.

“I’m not in the mood to listen to your tantrums. I’ll drop you home,” He said.

He drove Seohyun to her house.

****

Luhan entered his apartment and flopped to his bed. He was still thinking about all the things Yoona said to them earlier. Maybe she was right; they never considered her feelings when they dated behind her back. Luhan just sighed and tried to sleep.

****

Yoona was on her bed, tired. She somewhat fell guilty about what she said about Seohyun and Luhan, she was never that kind of girl but she needed to, she needed to be strong to get her revenge. But she’s wrong, she’s wrong to think that she has gotten over him, she can’t, and she couldn’t just forget how much she loved him. How much she thought he loved her. Yoona got Luhan’s picture from her wallet and stared at it. No matter how much she tried to stop her tears, they just won’t. Jaebum heard her sister sobbing and decided to knock on her door.

“Noona,”

“Yes,” She wiped her tears and hid Luhan’s picture.

“Still thinking about him?”

“Huh?”

“Noona, I know how much you loved him. I knew it all along; I knew you can’t get over him,”

“Jaebum,”

“Noona, just be honest please. I don’t remember the time you told me what you really feel. No matter how much food I got from you since we we’re kids you won’t react though you do hate it when I get your food,”

“Jaebum, I do love Luhan a lot. He’s everything to me but he doesn’t love me. There’s no reason to chase him. He’s happy with Seohyun, Jaebum. Let’s just accept it,”

“Noona, he didn’t look happy with her. I knew he really loved you, he always asked his friends where you went but no one dared to tell him. He missed you, noona,” He raised his voice.

“Jaebum,”

Tears started to fall from her eyes again, her brother hugged her tightly. He doesn’t want his sister to be sad. He wanted to make her happy as well as Luhan.

****

“Yoona, you’re here,” The photographer saw Yoona and hugged her.

“You’re really pretty,” She added.

“Thank you, Sooyoung unnie,” Yoona smiled.

“Yoona, you can change now. Luhan stand by,”

She started taking pictures of Luhan. Luhan was posing like a pro while Yoona was there on the dressing room. She stood beside the photographer and eyed Luhan, causing him to feel uncomfortable. Their photo shoot continued with a few poses were they did a lot of skinships. When Kai was with Yoona, they did everything to make Luhan jealous and they succeeded. Luhan can’t take it anymore and decided to talk to Yoona after the pictorial. Their photo shoot ended as a success. Luhan waited for Yoona at the dressing room and pulled her; he locked the door and let her sit on the couch.

“Yah! Xi Luhan!”

“Im Yoona, please listen to me for once,”

“What? Say it now,”

“Yoona, I’m sorry for hurting you. I really do it for the bet but I didn’t realize you really mean to me before you left,---“

“So if I didn’t left, you didn’t value me that much, tsk,”

“Yoona, it hurts me to see you with Kai,” He starts to tear up.

“Then? I’m happy to see you hurt, Luhan. I’m very happy,” She said coldly and pushed him.

She stared at his eyes. She stood up and quickly got her things. Luhan was left there, he didn’t expect it. He thought, she just slightly changed but the truth is, she changed a lot. He changed her.

****

“I never realized Luhan was a pain in the ,” Yoona said to Kai who was busy stirring his coffee.

“Don’t you think you had progressed?” He asked.

“Of course, if you just saw him you’ll actually think I did it so successfully,” She smirked.

“Where is Jessica unnie?”

“I think she went out to do something,”

****

Yoona’s phone rang. It was Luhan; she hesitated to answer the phone at first but finally picked it up.

“What do you want?” She asked.

“Let’s meet,”

“huh?”

“Let’s meet tomorrow 5pm, Namsan Tower, exactly 5pm,”

“Are you instructing me?”

“Yes!” He said firmly.

****

Luhan planned a date. He planned this day, he wanted to show her how much he loves her. Luhan tried his very best to find the same things they used on that memorable from the dresses to the props.

****

Yoona opened the box Luhan sent her and saw the same clothes as the ones she wore when they first met. Tears fell from her doe-like eyes.

****

It’s now 7pm, Luhan lose hope that Yoona will come. He decided to fix everything, it was starting to rain. He was deeply saddened by the fact that Yoona didn’t plan to come. He was holding the most important thing for the both of them, Yoona’s pororo ring. It accidentally slipped from his hands. He dropped to his knees to look for it. It was getting very dark and it’s hard for him to search for it but he tried.

****

Yoona saw everything; she saw how Luhan prepared everything as it was when they first met. She saw that her ring was still with Luhan, she saw how it slipped and how Luhan tried his best to look for it. It started to rain very hard but Luhan still didn’t give up, he was having a hard time. She then realized, Luhan can’t see without any bright lights, he was also shivering due to his wetness and the cold breeze. She walked to him and dropped her umbrella. She quickly wrapped her arms around him.

“Yoona is that you?” Luhan touched her face slowly.

“Sorry Luhan, you can never blame me if I didn’t believe that easily,”

“I know,” He smiled.

“I thought revenge will make me happy, it was your love I need,” She said and hugged him tighter. She helped him walked towards the lighted part of the roof top.

“How about Seohyun?” She asked.

“I know how to handle her,” Luhan called Seohyun and told her to break up with him.

“How about Kai?” He asked. Yoona let out a small chuckle.

“Kai has a girlfriend, my CEO’s sister,” She smiled. Luhan hugged her and kissed her passionately.

****

“Yoona, I heard Seohyun left Seoul to go to Japan,” Kai said.

“She left for good,” Luhan said and served pancakes.

“When’s the wedding day?” Krystal asked her.

“Yah! It’s too early,” Yoona choked.

“Soon,” Luhan said. Yoona playfully hit his arm.

The coffee shop was filled with laughter by four people.

****

“Oppa, I love you,” Yoona said as they both planted a sunflower in their garden.

“I love you too, my wife,”

“Umma, appa, let us plant too,” Yoon Mi, Noori and Taehun, Luhan and Yoona’s twins and youngest child said.

“Of course, but be careful okay,” Yoona said and let the three sit in front of them.

“Umma, appa, saranghae,”

“We love you too, Noori, Taehun and Yoon Mi,”

“Let’s go to the beach next week,”

“Yehey! We can build sand castles with umma and appa,”

“A family bonding huh?” Yoona turned around and saw Kai and Krystal.

“Annyeong~”

“Annyeong Noori and Yoon Mi,” Hyewon, and Minhwan, the couple’s children said.

“We will go to the beach next week,” Noori said.

“Appa, we wanna go too,” Hyewon said to Kai.

“If your uncle Luhan allows us,”

“Of course,”

“Let’s go inside for some snacks,”

The families went inside the house, while Luhan and Yoona held each other’s hands tightly.

“I’m so happy, we do have a happy family,” Yoona said.

 

 

Image

 

 

         
» author's ramblings:   Sorry if this ain't that good but I really did my best here. Hope you like it, this is my second LuYoon oneshot/fic. I'm hoping I can do more soon. ^^ Please support me. PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
 
» layout credit