Alarm clock

Angel

 

Heaven works in a different way compared to movies and books, well, this heaven does anyway. When your grandma died she didn’t come here, she went further, and you could say it’s the ‘next level’ and that I’m currently in the in-between. How come I’m not in the ‘next level’? Guardian angels were once humans, but they died by choice, suicide I mean. Of course I can’t remember why I did it; my memory was wiped before I woke up.

I guess you could say this is a punishment; we threw away our lives so we have to do this for eternity. Well… the others hate it… I think. I don’t really talk to anyone here, I prefer my own company, except Mi-Young, she’s fun to be around.

Maybe it’s because I’m kind of known to be the weird one up in heaven. I enjoy what I do... not because I get to float around on clouds all day and take care of heavenly deeds… well… no angels actually does that.

Our jobs are to look after humans, not all of them of course; there aren’t enough angels for that. We are supposed to help someone through a time of their life which is particularly difficult, which is probably why you hear about people who claim to have seen an angel ‘save their life’, it’s most likely true. Of course we can’t protect them all the time, for example if they were on a falling aeroplane, they would fall to their death, we can’t possibly help them escape that. It’s more like if a family member died… we sometimes help them feel their presence, a dream maybe, or a sign.

Most of the others hate the fact they are ‘babysitting’ a human, they don’t like the idea of helping their lives get better, but I on the other hand, could not possibly dislike it. Maybe it’s because of the human I’m looking after, nothing has actually happened to him yet, I’ve been looking after him since he was born, but a sad event has yet to occur. I hope it stays this way, I don’t want to leave him.

I sat down cross-legged on the edge of the biggest cloud in the sky, it was sunny and humid in Seoul, although I couldn’t really feel the heat, I could tell by how most of the people were dressed that day, it was around 9am and I giggled as I saw a cute toddler drop her ice cream, only to beg her mum to buy another one. I puffed my cheeks and laid down on the cushioned floor, stretching and sighing, looking at the time. Wake up… wake up. I begged when I heard an alarm go off, I jumped up and leaned over to get a better look at him, not helping the huge smile on my face.

“Aish… this … he’s with another girl again” I turned to the voice and smiled gently.
“Another one?” I couldn’t help but chuckle as Mi-young sat down next to me, huffing and grimacing.
“Jonghyun’s attractive but that’s the only good trait he has” she pouted “he’s conceited, cocky, ah! I could go on all day~” she chuckled and I nodded “why did I have to be stuck with this guy” she moaned and laid down.

She was appointed with this guy called Jonghyun, I already knew about him before Mi-young was appointed to him, I think she hates him, but I think he’s funny, he’s in a band called SHINee, he sings really well, but he’s kind of a player, Angel’s can see a person everywhere they go. Although their fans think they know them, the lead vocalist’s favourite place is the strip bar.

Then it comes to the human I’m watching over, I smile as I turn my attention to him, I think he is a little annoyed about the fact his sleep was interrupted, but he stood up anyway after checking his phone and started to get changed. I lightly blushed and looked away in Mi-young’s direction, she chuckled. “He doesn’t know if you’re looking Ellie~” she laid on her back and closed her eyes. I nodded and took a peek at him only just catching a quick sight of his stomach as he put a shirt on.
Taemin then made his bed and went downstairs to watch some tv.

“He should eat his breakfast…” I thought loudly and Mi-young scoffed.

“He’s gonna be fine, you worry too much” she yawned and her side, looking at him too.

Taemin is in SHINee too, but he is pretty much the opposite of Jonghyun, he’s innocent, cute, kind, and generous and he is a hard worker!

I’ve watched him grow up, his first day at school… his audition for SM entertainment, his debut stage, he is yet to have a girlfriend though.

I forgot one tiny little detail.

I am in love with him.