Final [1/2]

More Than Meets The Eye.

 

The sound of thick, heavy books falling onto the floor cut off Sehun’s reading as he turned his head to look at the clumsy guy who took too many books in his arms. He rolled his eyes and turned his head back to look at his own book, trying to recall where he stopped before the person disturbed him. Sehun was never the smartest person in neither his school nor his class but despite that he was still kind of a book lover or bookworm, however you want to call it. The Library was quite relaxing if he had to be honest, it’s always so quiet and peaceful.

Of course that if one of his friend would see him in here he’d try to make an excuse and say it’s for an assignment or something else but admitting he actually enjoys it. He’s just another teenage boy who wants to keep his popularity and reputation because being one of the nerds who gets picked at everyday is not what he desires for. Flipping through the pages he kept reading quietly, smiling slightly when he read a funny part in the book, frowning when something he didn’t like was happening.

 “What a .” He murmured and shook his head. es and evil villains, every book has them just like every television series has them or any movie. Eventually there’s always the person or the problem that will mess everything, sometimes it ends well and sometimes it doesn’t but you can never know.

A few hours have passed and Sehun didn’t seem to notice, he was probably too busy with reading the book and the fact is that he managed to finish it till now. “Another finished one.” He chuckled and closed the book, getting up from his seat and making his way towards the section he took it from in order to put it back in place. There’s always this after affect of every book, you always take a few moments to ponder about what you read not long ago. Just when he was about to walk into the aisle, something came in his way and sadly he fell down on the floor. Luckily for him, he didn’t fall face flat on the floor.

A book tripped him. Sehun was pissed off. Who would leave a book on the floor? He frowned and was about to get up but as he looked to his right he saw someone sitting on the floor and leaning against the wall to support his back. He was reading a book peacefully and not only that, a few thick books were scattered around him. Glancing up at the boy’s face he noticed it was the guy from before, the one who carried too many heavy books that it eventually fell on the floor and cut him off when he was reading. Truth to be told it made Sehun get even madder.

First being disturbed and now tripping? Is this some kind of sick joke? “Hey! You!” Sehun said in an angry yet calm voice but the other didn’t seem to notice which surprised Sehun. One more glance at him and he saw the boy was wearing his earphones. This made Sehun raise his eyebrows and wonder how he could listen to music and read a book at the same time. That boy sure was a special one, or a weird one.

“Hey, I’m talking to you! What the hell are you thinking to yourself? All these book on the floor? You want someone to get injured?” He kept talking to him yet the other boy didn’t even bother to respond. Now, Sehun was more than mad; he was furious. How can someone be so rude and ignore him? He’s not the one who made someone fall onto the floor.

Since talking didn’t really help Sehun, he decided it’s time for him to do something and not just talk and try to scold someone who obviously didn't even care. He walked towards him and yanked the book from the boy’s hands, smirking as he saw how the boy was taken aback at his action. “Thank you. If you don’t mind I’ll go do some reading.” He then turned around on his heels and made his way back to the table where he sat before.

As he sat down and opened the book, Sehun couldn’t help but raise his eyebrow. The book was talking about love at first sight and forbidden love. All the things that Sehun thought were stupid – were now written down in one book. He chuckled and rolled his eyes yet he kept reading, why would he take it away from him then? Even though the main point was to annoy the boy and drag his attention and it did.

A few moments later, he could feel a light tug at his sleeve. He could already guess who it was yet he pretended he didn't notice him. The boy sighed and sat down next to him, writing down on what seemed to be a note, yet Sehun focused on ignoring him rather than watching the other's actions. The yellow note stuck onto the table next to Sehun's book which wasn't really his since he was the one to steal it from the boy. 'Give it back' was written in perfect Korean on the sticky note.

Sehun looked up from the note straight to the boy's face. His face looked much different up close. The skin looked pale but a beautiful kind of pale, one that matched his brown deep eyes and pink-reddish lips. Everything matched perfectly; even the strands of hair that fell perfectly over his forehead and the slightly full cheeks. It wasn't surprising why he was baby-faced. "I don't think so." He hissed and torn his gaze from the boy's frowning face down to the book even though he wanted to keep scanning the boy's unique facial features.

Another note interrupted him and he rolled his eyes, fed up with the boy's annoying ways of disturbing him while he was doing something. 'Give it back, now!' this one really amused Sehun, especially how he added three lines under the words as if he was screaming these words at him. Sehun took the pen from the boy's hold and wrote down on the same note, 'Go away.' He then slammed the pen onto the table a bit too harsh, causing him to rub his own hurt palm.

The baby-faced boy was startled by Sehun's slam on the table but his surprised look turned into an amused one as he tried to block his smile from showing and his laugh to burst out loud. Sehun could tell how much the boy enjoyed his pain since he wasn't that nice to him thus it didn’t surprise him much. "Laugh all you want." He mumbled quietly, not wanting him to hear what he had said.

As if the boy read his lips, he took Sehun's hand and opened it, running his thumb over the red line the pen left from the hit. Sehun was quite surprised; he surely didn't expect the other to caress his hand and the next thing he felt was a pair of warm lips pressing down onto his palm. Sehun could feel his blood boiling and running from his hand straight up to his cheeks, he was blushing; let alone about the fact that he couldn't look away from him. It was beyond embarrassing.

"What are you doing? Don't touch me!" Sehun said in an angry tone and quickly pulled his hand back from the other, sending a rather disgusted look at the startled boy whom looked slightly offended by Sehun's sudden outburst. There was an awkward silence for mere minutes before Sehun turned back to the book and tried to forget about this one-sided argument with a guy that refuse to talk. Is he from his school? Sehun wasn't sure since he never had the chance to see him around the school; why him? He just wanted to have a peaceful afternoon reading but something had to ruin it all. He had to ruin it all.

Sehun was thinking too much and the next thing he saw when he was pulled back to reality from his thoughts, there was another note yet it was stuck on the book itself, preventing him from reading although he wasn't actually doing that. He sighed; it was starting to annoy him in a whole new level now. 'They both die eventually.' Sehun paused for a few moments. "That was so nice of you." He flashed a smile – fake one – then dropped it almost immediately as his expression turned blank, his typical poker-face. Closing the book – since the end was already discovered by someone – he turned around to face the other, handing him the book back. "Here, you win."

What came next was the guy's smile which made Sehun stared for a few moments before pushing the object into the other's hands. "Now go away, I don't know you." The grumpy boy urged the silenced boy to leave. He didn't need a nerd with him but thinking about it again, he's some kind of a nerd himself; secretly reading books in the library sounds idiotic. 'Hi then, I'm Lu Han. How about you?' Sehun's thinking got cut off once more. "Uh, Sehun. Why are you asking?" He raised an eyebrow, curious why the other was interested in his name. Does he know him from somewhere? 'Because now we know each other. Sort of.' Lu Han grinned sheepishly, raising his hand to wave shortly at Sehun.

Lu Han's slight embarrassment disappeared when he heard Sehun chuckling softly; he didn't want to get turned down after making the effort to introduce himself. "Yeah, so I guess I can’t get rid of you after all." He joked as he offered a hand for Lu Han which the other took in his gladly, shaking it gently with a faint nod. Lu Han hurried to write down an answer, 'Likewise.' Another smile spread across his face, making it impossible for Sehun not to smile in return.

They both sat there and kept talking for some time; Lu Han with his yellow sticky notepad and Sehun's relaxed tone which was very odd considering the fact that a few minutes ago it sounded exactly the opposite. Both of them turned into friend in a short time.

'I have to go, I'm sorry.' Lu Han stood up and bowed as an apology, "It's alright, don't forget the book though." Sehun took the book in order to give it to Lu Han; however the other pushed it to Sehun's chest as if he was telling him to finish reading the book – despite the fact he ruined the ending – and with one last note he made his way out of the library. 'See you tomorrow.' Sehun chuckled as he read it to himself, grinning to himself as he got up, ready to leave. As he made his way out, he then realized; Lu Han never took his earphones off. Is the music more important than talking? Or was it too much of a bother to take them off and have a proper conversation? He shrugged at the thought and quickly left before the streets got dark.

 

_____________

Okay guys, kill me okay? xD I had this part done for a few months now but I wanted to finish everything and post it as a one shot but I can't find the time to finish it at the time being, probably after my major exam I will. I know its short and I hate making short chapters ;--; sorry.

So this is the first part, sorry for making you wait, if there are typos or anything its because I didn't double check it and I'm lazy D:

Have a great weekend I guess? ^^ ♥