First dance

First dance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Zhoumi sat in his seat, waiting for the ceremony to begin. The groom was fidgeting in nervousness at the altar, not even the wide calming smile from the tall Chinaman calming his nerves. Luckily the groom didn’t have to wait long as the Wedding March began playing on the organ and the doors opened up to reveal the breathtaking beauty who was led down the aisle by her handsome brother. Zhoumi’s eyes followed the two beautiful siblings as they walked down the aisle, noticing the brother squeeze his sister’s arm as if he didn’t want to let go when he had to hand her over to her soon-to-be husband. Zhoumi smiled sadly towards the brother but it went unnoticed as the tall man was completely immersed in the ceremony, fighting his tears of both joy and sadness. It seemed like it would no longer be just him and Ahra against the world.

 

 

 

At the reception everyone seemed incredibly happy. Ahra and her brother had lost their parents some years ago and Ahra had fought hard to sustain her younger brother and keep the authorities at bay as they had tried to place Kyuhyun in foster care seeing as he was not yet legal at the time. Everyone present knew the story and they were happy that life finally seemed to have something good in store for the wonderful, strong girl who had fought so hard for her beloved brother.

 

All the guests had arrived at the venue but none was sitting down yet. Everyone was busy mingling and small talking while sipping their champagne. When Ahra and Hangeng made it to the venue applause and cheers broke out to celebrate the newly wed couple. Zhoumi smiled at his long time friend and saw the happiness in his eyes when he laid eyes on his new bride. He felt incredibly happy on behalf of both the bride and the groom. As the newly wed couple made their way into the room Zhoumi caught sight of a familiar mop of hair exiting the room unnoticed and he decided to follow.

 

He soon found himself in a well kept garden with flowers and green bushes everywhere you turned. He enjoyed the smells of the flowers that invaded his senses as he made his way through the garden to find the mop of hair he was supposedly following. He found the man sitting on a stone bench by the pond, tears streaming down his cheeks.

 

“Long time, no see, Kui Xian,” Zhoumi greeted softly, startling the younger who tried to frantically dry his tears and gape at the taller at the same time.

 

“M-mi! What are you doing here?” he squeaked at the sight of a person he thought he would never get to see again, which he had regretted many times since they parted.  

 

“I’m close friends with Hangeng,” he explained, scrutinizing his former lover.

 

Kyuhyun looked like he was ready to have a complete mental breakdown anytime now. Zhoumi walked closer to the bench, feeling Kyuhyun’s eyes following his every move like a hawk. The taller sat down beside the younger, looking him straight in the eyes and taking his hand in his. Both men felt the electricity shoot from their hands but none of them were willing to let it show.

 

“Let it out, Kyu Xian,” Zhoumi advised

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter