Sleepover

Sleepover

 

"And....Done!" you exclaimed after adding the final touches to you small replica of the solar system. 

"We are so getting an A on this project," Myungsoo, your partner, said as he gave you a high five.

You blushed at the skin to skin contact. Luckily, Myungsoo was too focused at admiring your finished project to notice your flushed face. 

Early that week, your science teacher announced that your class would be assigned to do a project on any of the lessons that you covered that semester. When he announced that he was going to be assigning partners, you instantly hoped that you would be paired with anyone but Myungsoo. It wasn't that you didn't like him, you've had a crush on him for longer than you can remember. He was smart, nice, funny, and he wasn't too bad in the looks department. Of course, everyone else wanted to paired with him as well. Boys wanted him for his brain since he's one of the few people with a solid A and girls wanted him for his, well, everything. The real reason that you didn't want to be paired with him was because you knew that everyone in your class would instantly add you to their s-list. But, just you luck, you were paired up with Kim Myungsoo.

So there you were, sitting on the floor of the living room in the Kim household. For the past few hours, you and Myungsoo were working on finishing up the project. Since everyone knew that you were an artsy person, you took on the job of making the model while Myungsoo wrote the paper. 

Myungsoo stood up to grab the finished essay from his printer. When he returned, he stapled the papers together and placed it next to the model.

"We make a pretty good team," he said to you with a smile. 

Stunned by his beautiful smile, all you could do was nod back with a small smile on your face as well. You turned your head away, trying to hide your even redder face from him when you caught a glimpse of the clock that sat on the table next to the couch.

9:45 PM

"I think I should get going," you said as you gathered your things, "It's getting pretty late."

"Oh, right," Myungsoo said with a somewhat sad voice and looked down at the ground, "You know, you could always stay here for the night. I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind and it's a little dangerous for a girl to be walking home alone at night."

"Oh no, it's okay, I've walked home by myself at night dozens of times and I wouldn't want to intrude," you said as you made your way towards the door.

"Alright, then, text me when you get back to your house," he said as he bit his bottom lip, still not looking at you.

"Okay, thanks Myungsoo," you said with a small smile and turned the doorknob on the front door.

When you opened the door, you didn't expect to see that it was raining outside. It was more storming than raining. Thunder, lightning, wind. It was pretty much a hurricane outside and there was no way that you would be able to walk him in this weather. How did you not hear the wind and rain from in the house? Oh, right, all your attention was on the boy that you were working with.

"So," you heard Myungsoo's voice come from behind you, "I guess you're spending the night?"

You turned around and gave him a sheepish smile, "Would that be okay?"

"I already said that it was fine," Myungsoo laughed as he pulled you back into the house and closed the front door, "Come upstairs with me and I'll find you some clothes to sleep in."

You followed Myungsoo up the stairs and into what you assumed was his room. You sat down on his bed as you watched him search through his drawers for clothes that would fit you.

"Are your parents okay with you sleeping here?" he asked, as he pulled out one of his long-sleeved shirts and old sweatpants and handed them to you.

"They're out of town on a business trip. But I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind either way."

"Oh, okay. Well the bathroom is that one, you can change there," he told you as he led you out of his room and pointed at one of the doors down the hall.

You thanked him and went into the bathroom. After changing your clothes, you looked at yourself in the mirror. His clothes made you look way smaller than you actually were. The ends of the sweatpants dragged on the ground and the sleeves of the shirt covered your hands, only showing your fingers, even when you pushed them up your arms. You shrugged your shoulders and walked out of the bathroom.

As you walked back to Myungsoo's room, you pulled your hair out of your ponytail and shook out your hair, placing the rubber band around your wrist under the sleeve. You knocked on the door, wanting to make sure you didn't walk in on him changing. God, that would have been embarrassing. 

"Come in."

You walked in to see Myungsoo setting up a pillow and some blankets on the ground, making a makeshift bed. You noticed that he was now wearing a black  sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants similar to the ones you were wearing.

He stood up and turned towards you figure that was still standing the doorway. A smile started to form on his face, "Oh, you look so cute in my clothes."

You brought your hand up to your mouth to try and cover your smile, "Is that for me?" you asked pointing towards the set of pillows and blankets on the ground.

"What?" Myungsoo asked, confused, "Oh no, that's for me. You're sleeping on my bed. I'm not going to let you sleep on the ground!"

"Oh..." you mouthed, "Thank you."

Myungsoo flashed you another smile before snapping his fingers, suddenly remembering something, "I forgot to tell you where the extra toothbrushes are. Follow me."

You reentered the bathroom with Myungsoo. He opened the medicine cabinet on the wall and handed you a toothbrush. The two of your brushed your teeth in silence, having a playful staring contest using the mirror and your reflections. 

When the two of you exited the bathroom, you noticed something missing.

"Where are your parents?"

"Oh, they work the night shift at the hospital. They should be home later."

You both prepared for sleep, you climbing into Myungsoo's warm bed, Myungsoo settling himself on the blankets he prepared earlier. You told each other 'Goodnight' and you reached over and shut off the lamp on his bedside table. The room fell into silence, the only noises coming from the storm that was still raging outside. You jumped a little when you saw the lightning's flash momentarily illuminate the dark room. You then let out a small squeak when the thunder boomed. 

"______-ah, are you okay?" you heard Myungsoo's voice ask.

"Uh, y-yeah, I'm fine," you lied. 

Myungsoo sat up and rested his arms on the bed, "Are you afraid of thunder?"

You turned your body towards him and nodded your head, fear in your eyes. 

Myungsoo bit his bottom lip and looked down at the comforter, "I think I know something that might help you sleep." 

You watched him stand up and walk over to his closet. He pulled out a guitar and walked over to the edge of your bed. You sat up as well and scooted over so he had room next to you. Myungsoo swung his legs on the bed and leaned against the headboard. 

"This is just something that I've been working on recently. It's not done yet but it kinda has a soothing melody," he said and started to pick the strings of the guitar. 

A melody that sounded like something out of a Disney movie started to fill the room, covering up the rumbles coming from outside. It was definitely making you feel more at ease. But your breath caught in your throat when you heard Myungsoo start to sing.

Saranghanda mianhada

Geurae deoneun andoegesseo

Nan dagagal jagyeok jocha eobseo

Nal saranghaji ma

'As if he couldn't get any more perfect...' you thought to yourself.

Naegen maeumeul naeeojul yeoyudo eobseo

Maeireul himgyeopge salgo

Haruga beogeowo ulgo

You move next to him and rested your head on his shoulder, suddenly feeling sleepy.

Oh nan Nege jul su inneunge eobseo Missing u

Ttatteutan maldo motae

I missing u

Gamhi baral sudo eobseo

I missing u

Ireoke mireonae

Naegen gajingeon simjangppun motnan nomira...

Myungsoo looked over to the side to see you asleep on his shoulder. He quietly placed the guitar against the bedside table. He gently moved you so you were lying on your back and placed an arm around you, resting your head against his chest. 

"Goodnight, ______-ah," he said and placed a soft kiss on the top of his head, closing his eyes and going to sleep as well. 

---

Mrs. Kim quietly opened the door to her son's room.

"Omo," she whispered, "Yeobo! Look at this!"

Mr. Kim looked over his wife's shoulder into the room. The two parents saw their son sleeping on his bed with a girl, his arms wrapped around her protectively. 

"Isn't that just the sweetest thing?" 

Mr. Kim laughed, "Our son is growing up. But it does remind me of us. Didn't you sleep over my house during high school once before we started dating?"

She nodded her head and went over to place a blanket over the two sleeping teenagers. After giving them a final smile, she flitted back over to her husband and with a little giggle, quietly closed the door.