Thirty Eight

Falling for Femme Do Kyungsoo

Kyungsoo hears the thundering cheers erupting below.


It worked.

The tightness in his body uncoils and his lips slacken into a smile.


Peering beneath him from the edge of the rooftop, he sees you running away.


What's going on?


_____________________



" __________ , what's going on? Where are you going?"

Amber huffs behind you, her attempt to waylay you by grabbing your shoulders failing as you shake her off.


"He's here. I need to see him. Now." You pant, the rush of adrenaline and exhaustion pushing you to two extremes when you sprint up the second floor.



"Kyungsoo? I'll just call him... " Amber looks down and starts tapping on her phone.


"He should be around here..." You pause for a second to scan the area before landing your eyes on the stairs to the rooftop.




Pushing your way through the corridor, you quickly negotiate the steps up, leaving a distraught Amber looking up to find you already gone.


______________


Kyungsoo senses movements and instinctively ducks behind the water tank.


Soft, rapid footsteps resound and then he hears that familiar voice.


"Kyungsoo! Do Kyungsoo!"



His breath catches and his eyes grow large in wonder.


What are you doing here looking for him?



His mind is whirling as he sees you scrambling about, huffing and frantically calling out his name. He's caught between showing himself or slipping away quietly when he sees you collapse on your knees.


Without further hesitation, he dashes towards you and drops beside your heaving frame.


"____________ ?"

He takes on Amber's voice and calls you.


When you lift your head, his heart stings with the sight.

You are pale and exhausted, a tear-streaked line on your face and when you blink, more beads of moisture are spilling out from that pretty almond eyes.


Impulsively, he grabs your hand and you fall into his embrace.



"I-- I just wanna tell him... That I'm not running away anymore..." You sob into his chest.

"That I was so... caught up in the past that I'm afraid... I'm afraid of putting myself up for more hurt... But now I know," You glance up into his eyes. "That if I don't give myself the chance to create new memories, I'll forever be living in the old ones... And I'll never move on. I'll never be renewed. And I want to ask him, I want to ask Kyungsoo, if he will create those memories with me... That he'll promise me... even if we hurt each other in the process, we'll always make new ones, more powerful ones, to outstrip the bad ones... does he--- "



"Yes." Kyungsoo whispers, catching you by the arms and pulling you to face him.


"W-What?" Your eyes widen in surprise.


"I said yes, that I promise you even if we hurt each other, I'll make up for it by creating new ones with you..." He repeats and with that, the Shapeshifter morphs back into his true form.



"K-Kyungsoo."

You breathe out his name and he breaks into a smile.


"Yes," He mutters. "Sorry I morphed into your friend because I needed to see you and--- "


His sentence is cut off by a kiss.



A kiss so sweet and desperate he just had to respond.

By kissing back.


_________________


You press your lips onto his, desperately pushing for affirmation of his promise on tender skin, and he seems to understand, because he is kissing back with both passion and delicacy, as if sealing the pledge with care and affection.


And when both of you gets pass the sweet confirmation, the kiss quickly escalates into something more intense, more yearning, almost like the two of you are making up for the lost touches, the poignant moments.

Soon, you are gasping for breath and you gently pull away from him.


"You are not going to leave me like you did last time, are you?" He asks, slightly out of breath, a hint of smile playing on his lips.


"Did you take the drug?" You frown.

"No, I took the antidote that same night." He chuckles.


"Then no, I'm not going to leave you." You snigger back, a hand shyly on his chest.


He nods, a boyish smile spreading on his face.


"Unless..." You glance up at him. "You leave me first."


"I'll never do that." He protests. "I'm not going anywhere without you." His hand finds the back of your head and he cards his fingers fondly through your hair.



"I dunno... Maybe for another guy? Kai?" You lift an eyebrow cheekily.


He groans.

"Urghs... I'm sorry, that was a lie ok, Kai is my room mate and I just blurted his name out 'cos I was panicking. My tongue automatically becomes stupid when I'm around you."


"I like the stupid things it does sometimes, though." You utter coyly.

"What, like this?"


He leans in to connect the two of you in a kiss again. The sun is still shining blindingly white behind him.





White.



As the kiss lingers on, you know that this time, it's not about super powers, hormonal drinks or ual orientations.

Love is white, it's everything and yet it's nothing.



Because when everything becomes Kyungsoo and nothing else matters anymore,

that is love.