Chapter 1: Mother and Daughter

Secret Love {HIATUS}
Secret Love~Chapter 1: Mother and Daughter
 
 
~~~~~~~ Peddling along the streets of Gwangyong, the city of cherry blossoms, as the sun sets. While the gentle wind swayed her hair, and her smile never fading. Song Ye-Jin in her bike hummed happily while peddling her way home from school.
 
  Ye-Jin is the only daughter of Mrs. Song Hye Su. Ye-Jin,as seen in picture, is a beautiful, sweet, talented girl that has a beautiful voice. The reason for her love in music came from her parents,especially from her father. When Ye-Jin was only three years old, she saw her father down at the basement. His hands were beautifully playing a piano, and his voice was singing heavenly. Later,she found out that her father was a singer back at his twenties and so was his grandfather. Ye-Jin was amazed when her father told her about  the fun things he experienced while singing. He told her about meeting famous people, traveling inside the country, the fans that loves and supports you. Sure, it's also hard being one but it's worth it. But what he said to her next was the reason why she is singing now. "But sweetheart, Its not about the fame or the money that made me want to sing. Its the feeling you get when you sing. Its about the passion for music. How it made me feel so happy when people hear my voice and when I know that some of their happiness was because of me and my songs, was just enough".
 
 Ye-Jin never forgot about that day, and when every time she played that memory over and over, she becomes more inspired.
 
  Later on, she got home. Ye-Jin parked her bicycle at the side of their brick style house. Ye-Jin lived alone with her mother at their two story house, with two rooms, two bathrooms, a nice small living room and kitchen and also a guestroom in a peaceful neighborhood. Inside their house is mostly the modern style. White sofas, carpets at the floors, and just the right amount of electronics.
 
 When Ye-Jin opened the door of her home, she immediately smelled the pleasant aromas that wonder inside their house. Ye-Jin replaced her shoes with house slippers, then went straight to the kitchen. The source of food.
Their, she found her mom near the stove, cooking. Mrs. Song has a tall,thin body, white complexion, shoulder length black hair and has a wonderful personality and smile to match. Ye-Jin's parents became friends at their high school year, a year before her dad became  singer. They were good friends, but somehow lost contact for three years. But when he moved back at Gwangyong, that's where he announced his love for he. Mrs. Song was his first and last love.
 
"Hi mom. I'm home" Ye-Jin called out from the kitchen door. Mrs. Song turned around, she was wearing a light yellow house dress and a blue-checkered apron.
"Hi sweety! How was you day?" she said, giving her daughter a warm hug.
"Fun. I received a medal" Ye-Jin took out a gold medal that was hidden at her uniforms blazer. Today was their school's graduation ceremony. She's the forth at her class, but she's only at junior high so she was just given a medal.
 
"Congratulations sweetheart. I'm sorry I didn't come"
"Its alright mom, besides-" she glanced at the table behind her mother, it was literally full of eumsig ("food" in Korean). "It  looks like that you were planning a celebration here"
"Your celebration. Because Im so proud of you for being a top" Ye-Jin shyly scratched her neck and smiled. "Thanks mom. But next year is the big one"
" Ne, next year. So, are you already hungry?"
" Im starving actually"
"Good! Now go and change. Im almost done"
"Yes ma'am" Ye-jin saluted. And Mrs. Song laughed then went back to her cooking.
 
Ye-Jin ran upstairs and went to her room. Her room was creamed color with white carpets, it was clean but designed with everything that involves music. Her shelves were filled with albums that were produced by legendary singers in Korea. Her posters that were taped at the walls are designed with musical patterns. She has a big cd player near her bed, a desk that were full of books for music. And her violin and organ was placed near the window.
 
Anyway, Ye-Jin dressed in a comfortable blouse and white pajamas. Then she put her medal at her desk. Ye-Jin was about to leave, but then, she stop near the door. She turned around and looked back at her desk. Her eyes caught the sight of a picture frame standing at her desk. Slowly, she walked towards it. She picked it up and let it go near to her face.Ye-Jin became quiet, her eyes never leaving the sight of the pictures, staring at it like its the the most important thing in the world. Which was mostly is.
 
"Hi dad" she said quietly. She brushed her fingers along the cold, glass of the picture of her and her dad together. It was a picture where Ye-Jin's dad was holding her in his arms while they smiled cheerfully. That picture was taken at a very special and happy day. They were dressed in big, puffy jackets, while their background was filled with snow and skiers, skiing down a high slope. Ye-Jin was ten at that time, they were at ski resort in Pyeongchang. Ye-Jin and her father along with her mother were celebrating the return of her father from his two year service at the army. It was also the last.
 
" It's our recognition today" she continued, her voice small and at a whisper. " But I know that you know. I know that you were watching. Seeing  you little girl go up the stage and say that your proud of her"
 
 Tears filled her eyes, she tried to blinked it off but one escaped and went down to her cheek. She hurriedly wiped off, and forced to make a smile.  
 
"Sorry appa, I know you don't like it when I cry. I just really miss you" she then kissed the picture, and more tears flowed. She sniffled, and wiped her eyes and tears with the back of her hand. She tried to change the atmosphere by making another smile. "Well, mom made dinner, or should I really say feast" she sniffled again, "I better go, you know how special mom's cooking is. Hope you join" she laughed a bit, then placed  the frame back at her desk. She turned her back and continued to walked at the door. She held the knob, and the door closed.
 
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
 
Bap, Jiggae, Seolleongtang, Ddukbokie, Kimchi, Kalbi, Yangnyeom Tongdak, Japchae, Bulgogi, Bibimbap and more, different kinds of meat and vegetables were placed at the dinner table. If you can even see the table. The whole furniture was covered with mouth-watering foods.  And Ye-Jin stared completely. For a minute, she forgot the happening at her room. Ye-Jin looked to her mom and said, "Wow. Just wow... Omma, you made all of this in one day?" Ye-Jin asked amazed
"Yup" 
"Even the kimchi?"
"Ne, its fresh"
"Ommo, omma. This is a lot"
" You did said you were starving" Both of them giggled, and then they sat down.
"Do they look good?" asked her mom.
"Of course they are, Its your cooking. And there gonna taste like heaven"
"Aww, thank you sweety. Now, ja, hal su meog-eo"
"Ne! I will enjoy" with that, chopsticks were raised and food was put in to the mouth. Ye-Jin glowed with happiness. The table was full of food and there was even dessert waiting for them. But it was just enough so they can talk, laugh and share happiness like the old days. Just mother and daughter together.