Chapter 1: Who loves who?

Should we really be in love?

 

“Han Ji Yeon!” the CCM Manager, Park Seung Yeol dropped some pictures on the table in front of Ji Yeon.

“Explain to me everything! What’s it with the pictures?” Seung Yeol is really in his mad level right now. Slowly, Ji Yeon sneaked a look at the pictures. Until then, her jaw dropped.

“What? Wh, where did you get these pictures?”

“So you’re telling me that the girl in the pictures is really you?”

“N-n-no. That’s surely not me.” Ji Yeon grabbed a picture and studied the picture carefully.

“Ahjussi. This is totally not me.”

“There’s nothing you can deny. Everyone out there was being assured that this is you. They even made a comparison of your pre-debut and recent pictures. They compiled all your pictures that shown your birthmarks as evidences. Can you imagine that?”

“Boayo? Please make a press-conference. I’ll handle this. I’ll explain everything to everyone.”

“Good idea. I am still hoping that everything will turn out well after this.”

“What do you mean?”

“I am hoping that you don’t make a false confession in front of the press. Because you gonna ruin everything.”

“Wha?”

“Get ready. Call your parent.”

 

 

 

***Should we really be in love?***

It was a bright and shiny day. Unfortunately, Ayu can’t spend that morning whole fully with the sun because she was having a bad fever. That was actually not a bad thing as she will get some extra days to be on leave. But her new song promotion was still on-going and she really can’t help but to cancel every live performances and fan-meetings. She was so frustrated.

“Dear fever, can’t you just please go away?” In the moment, she was watching Music Core performance of Teen Top performing “To You”.

“I am so jealous. This should be the time that I’ll perform my new song right now. So frustrating! YAH!” She kicked an empty plastic fruit bowl at the end of her bed. Until then, the bowl dropped and her room door knob twisted.

“Ah?” Ayu gasped in embarrassment. A figure came in along with a bright smile carved.

“Oppa? What are you doing here? Should you will be performing after this?”Ayu asked while adjusting her position on the bed.

“Me? Aniya. I will be performing tomorrow. How are you?” asks Woohyun while handing a bottle of homemade orange juice to Ayu.

“Thanks. Orange juice? Is it homemade? You made this?” Ayu questioned him while rubbing the bottle against her white cheeks. Her action made Dong Woon began to blush.

“Yes, and with other members’ helps. You’re welcome. So, how are you feeling today?” asked Woohyun heartily. He just noticed the fallen bowl so he took it and put it on the table.

“Other members’ helps?” She seems don’t mind to answer Woohyun’s question regarding her condition and persisted with her own question. Woohyun tilted her head as in puzzled.

“Yeah. With others.” Ayu grinned. Woohyun became more puzzled.

“Waeyo? You look so excited.” Woohyun asked finally. Ayu was appeared to not paying attention to Woohyun at all. She hugged the bottle tightly.

“Ayu-ah. What are you doing? Why.. err.. are you hugging the bottle?” Woohyun queried her while waving his left hand in front of Ayu’s face. Finally, Ayu gained her consciousness and express her apology.

“Chwesonghamnida. What’s your question again, oppa?”

“Err, how are you?”

“Oh. A little better than yesterday but my head is still spinning vigorously right now. Thanks for concerning, though.”

An awkward silent passed. Then, Woohyun’s iPhone rang. He gestured a hand sign to Ayu then leave the room.

“Yobyeoseyo? Myeongsoo-ah. What is it?”

“Hyung-ah. Eodiseoyo?”

“At hospital. I visited Ayu just now. Wae?”

“Ayu? Hyung, there’s something I need to talk to you.”

“Jinjja? Can’t it be another time?”

“No. This is the best time.”

“Okay. Okay. I’ll be right there. Wait for me. Waiiit, where to meet?”

“At the usual café, okay?”

“Okay, bye.” Woohyun sighed in disappointment then entered Ayu’s room.

“Ayu-ah, I have to go. Good luck to you. Goodbye and don’t forget to drink that juice. Bye.” Woohyun took his jacket and went out. Ayu was left blurred.

“Wah. So fast? Whatever. As long as he gave me this juice, I will surely be healed tomorrow. Confirmed!” Ayu smiled and hugged the bottle all over again.

***Should we really be in love?***

A moment later, Woohyun arrived at the promised café. Myeongsoo waved Woohyun from far and pleasured him to sit.

“So, what’s up? Seriously no other time eh?” Woohyun asked sarcastically. Myeongsoo just appeared to smile casually then, he shook his head.

“Jeongmal. Why are you visiting Ayu for?” The question asked by Myeongsoo, out of the blue.

“Why? Did it bother you?”

“No. Even a bit. But, this, my very news will surely bother you.” Myeongsoo said while pointing his finger on the table meaningfully.

“Huh. What’s it with that expression? So, tell me.”

“You know what? Yesterday, while the Idol Championship is on-air, guess what?” Woohyun raised his eyebrow as if he was not in his mood to play the guessing game.

“Never mind. Huh. T-Ara’s Jiyeon requested for my personal HP number.”

“What? Wow! That’s cool! So, you gave her huh?”

“Hell no! Why should I?”

“What do you mean by that? She’s one of the prettiest girls in Korea. You should go for it.”

“Hyung, I’m not in desperate okay?”

“Wait. What are actually you’re trying to say to me? Isn’t you’re the one who loves her so much during our trainee days? This is a big opportunity.”

“Hyung. I’ve changed my perspectives about her already, okay? You know, she messaged me today.”

“Boa? Like seriously?”

“Yup. Through Direct Message in Twitter.”

“Wait. You said, you’ve changed you perspectives about her already but you’re still following her in Twitter? Isn’t that obvious?”

“Woohyun hyung-ah. I forgot to unfollow her okay?”

“So, what makes you changed your wind direction to dislike her? She’s not doing something bad to you, aniya?”

“Something bad, yes. To me, nope. She did it to others. AH! Jeongmalyeo? You don’t follow the news’ flow? She’s a bully-Queen.”

“Myeongsoo-ah. Stop reading gossips okay. Just concentrate on our performance tomorrow. Let’s go home.”

“Wait, you know what I said to her when she asked my phone number? I said, I will never give my phone number to a y girl like you.” Myeongsoo said then chuckled alone.

“YAH! She got her own appa okay? Could you please just take care of your manner starting from today. Aish. Jinjja.” Woohyun then leave the café. Myeongsoo looked so satisfied after sharing everything that he experienced yesterday to his close hyung. He then went to the next door restaurant and ordered Tteokbokki and Jajangmyeon for lunch.

***Should we really be in love?***

 “B.A.P. is a new debuted Korean-British boy group that consists of five boys from both countries. The members are including Lee Taecyeon, Do Chansung and Park DaeHyun representing Korea along with Harry Styles and Zayn Malik representing British. B.A.P. stands for Best Absolute Perfect that perfectly portrayed by all the members. Let’s go to Sara for a quick interview with the boys.”

Sara: Hi, BAPs.

B.A.P.: Hi, nice to meet you. (In unison)

Sara: First of all, how did you feel when you are first debuted?

Daehyun: We feel extremely excited and uncontrollably nervous at the same time. We had been trainees in so many years and finally we’re being able to perform publicly.

Sara: Before that, who is the leader for this group? Or, haven’t being assigned yet?

Harry: In the first place, the manager wanted the eldest to hold the position as the leader but apparently, after a long thought, he decided to give opportunity to each of the members. So, the leader will differ whenever we make our comeback.

Sara: Wah. So, in this meantime, who is the leader?

Harry: It’s Daehyun. He’s the leader.

Sara:  How did you guys interact with each other? Of course, you guys got some boundaries to talk to each other since having a difference in the spoken languages.

Taecyeon: Nope. Fortunately, we’re not having that kind of situation because when we were trainees, we had been exposed to learn foreign languages. Plus, we’re a fast learner. Even though Zayn and Harry both can’t really speak Korean, but they learnt the basics. We can more or less talk in Korean and English. No problem.

Sara: Wow. So this group gonna be a very successful group, you think?

Chansung: Yeah. As long as our fans keep on supporting us no matter what is happening then, I believe we’ll succeed.

Sara: Good. Zayn, knowingly you’re a Muslim. So, how do you feel being a B.A.P. member as the other is not Muslims?

Zayn: Well, my religion is completely not preventing any interaction between us, hardly any. Besides, they appear to treat me like some other ordinary members and never differentiate me with my belief. Frankly, I’m feeling very secure in this situation. They’re also very understanding especially, Daehyun. 

Sara: Okay. So that’s all from us. Please look forward for this boy group’s interview in the future. Return to the main newscaster. Thank you and I am Sarah reporting from Seoul, South Korea.

“You’re welcome, Sara. Now, we move to the weather forecasting news. It is stated that…”

“Wow! Daebak! Daebak! That group gonna be a big hit! Don’t you think so?” No reply.

“Sulli-ah. What are you thinking about? I’m asking you.”

“Oh. Yes. Big hit. Probably.”

“Sulli-ah. What bothers you, huh? You entered Cube Entertainment already and that is an end for everything, you know that. Don’t think anything about the bully case, okay?”

“Eonni-ah. That thing keeps on distracting me. I can’t just forget about everything.”

“Yeah, you can’t. Hey, let’s go to the restaurant that we used to visit. I’m starving. I’m carving for the shop’s Tteokbukki!”

“Vic eonni, there’s no time…”

“Don’t talk. Kaja!” Victoria dragged Sulli’s arm mercilessly. She drove her Purple Volkswagen Beetle directly to the restaurant. And, there they met Myeongsoo that was eating hungrily. His mouth was all stained with the sauce. Unhesitatingly, Victoria sat beside Myeongsoo after letting go of Sulli’s arm.

“Ah?” Myeongsoo shocked as in embarrassment.

“Victoria?” He hastily looked for napkin under the plate and wiped his mouth stains. He met his eyes with Sulli’s.  

“Myeongsoo-ah. Have you done eating?” Myeongsoo ignored Victoria while his eyes are still fixed on Sulli. His stare made Sulli blushed.

“Sulli, come and sit here. I think Myeongsoo has something to ask you.” Sulli walked forward and sat beside Victoria. Myeongsoo was still following Sulli’s gaze anywhere she went.

“Oppa-ah.” Sulli started while smiling shyly.

“Yes?” Myeongsoo asked Sulli sweetly. Victoria was so puzzled so she asked directly to Myeongsoo.

“Myeongsoo-ssi. Why are you acting this way? Love-struck, perhaps?”

“Anieyo~” Myeongsoo chuckled nervously. He stole a glance of Sulli. A moment later, a waitress appeared and asked for food orders.

“Sikhye and tteokbokki, large plate. Two plates.” Ordered Victoria while gesturing her two fingers.

“Orange juice and Bibimbap. Thank you.” The waitress then leave the table to the main counter.

“You love to drink orange juice?” Myeongsoo asked Sulli.

“Yes. I love it very much, since I was little. I love ice cream too.”

“What flavour?”

“Anything. I like all flavours.” Myeongsoo took out something from his bag. It was a bottle of orange juice that was homemade by all Infinite’s members. He handed it to Sulli.

“Take this. It is homemade. Very special.” Myeongsoo said and winked his left eye. Victoria was so busy chatting with Nichkhun through her Purple Samsung Galaxy S3.

“Thank you very much. This might be delicious.” Sulli said while her lips heartily.

“Aigoo. Sulli-ah. We’ve got to go. Something’s happening at the dorm. Let’s go.”

“But.. we have ordered…”

“Doesn’t matter. Myeongsoo-ssi, sorry very very much. We’ve got to go. Take this money and could you please pay the dishes for us? Once they’re prepared, you can either eat them alone or take away to share with others. Okay? Just consider this as our treats okay? Goodbye. Let’s go, Sulli.” Just in a blink of eyes, Victoria and Sulli were gone. Myeongsoo scratched his not ticklish head.

***Should we really be in love?***