One Shot

Share Your Umbrella

It's almost dark and the rain is pouring down from the dark sky so heavily. I smile and open my blue umbrella, walking through the empty school ground. I bid farewell the school guard and make my way to the nearest bus stop. I love rainy days. The time seems like frozen. The peace brought by the rain calms me. If I were at home, I will sit by the window in my room, watching the rain splashing against the window pane. I know it's weird but that's just me.

 

I noticed that there is another student at the bus stop. I immediately sit at the end of the bench and the other is sitting at the other end. I close my umbrella and shake it a little to get rid of the rain water from the surface of the umbrella. I look at my watch. It's 7.30pm now. I turn my head to the side and I realized that the other student is wearing our school uniform. His body is shaking a little bit since his uniform is wet because of the rain.

 

"Excuse me?"

 

I called him and he turns his head to look at me. I am dazed by his looks. Cute will be such an understatement for a guy like him. He is absolutely beautiful. His beauty is breath taking. I didn't realized I was staring at him for quite some time now until his heavenly voice brings me back to reality.

 

"You called me?"

 

"Y-Yes. I did."

 

It fell silent once again. The only sound we could hear is the sound of the rain falls onto the road and the roof of the bus stop. I keep staring at him and he does the same. I couldn't take my eyes off him. I could see his cheeks change color into slightly pink. He tears his gaze away from me and looks down instead. Beautiful. Just too beautiful.

 

"Aren't you going to say something?"

 

"I forgot what I want to say."

 

"Why?"

 

"You. That is why."

 

I could see he bites his lips, probably nervous with the awkward yet comfortable situation between us. He looks everywhere but me. 

 

"D-Do you know when the bus is coming?"

 

"I don't think the bus will ever come."

 

He looks up to see me in horror. He keeps mumbling to himself. I know what he's thinking. He wants to go home so bad. Someone at home might be so worried right now. He takes out his phone and sighs. His battery could have died, I think. Tears start pooling in the corner of his eyes. Before his tears could even rolls down his cute, puffy, white cheeks, I offered to walk him back to his house.

 

"If it's not a bother, can I walk you home?"

 

He turns his head to me once again and wipes the tears that didn't escape from his beautiful eyes. He sniffs a little which I think is super cute.

 

"B-But you don't know where my home is."

 

"You could always tell me."

 

He looks quite unsure. Of course, we never met despite being in the same school. He probably thinks that I'm a creeper by the way I'm looking at him. 

 

"I have an umbrella. We could share. You look cold yourself. You should go home as soon as you can. Sitting here won't do any good."

 

He still looks unsure.

 

"I'm not a bad person. I just want to help."

 

"Can you please walk me home?"

 

Automatically, my lips curve upwards. I smile and he smiles back at me, shyly. 

 

"Of course."

 

And so, we walk side by side under the blue umbrella towards his house which is about twenty minutes away. Silent envelopes us. He tried to walk closer to me as close as he can without even touching me. He hugs his cold body. He already get rid of his wet jacket, leaving him in his wet, white button up cotton shirt. I give him the umbrella, he looks at me, confused. I take off my jacket and hangs it over his shoulders.

 

"E-Eh? You don't have to do this! I'm fine!"

 

"Yeah, your body is shaking like crazy over the cold weather. Totally looks fine to me."

 

"How about you?"

 

"I'm not the one who have his whole uniform wet, cutie."

 

He blushes again and I laugh a little, taking the umbrella once again from him. 

 

"Thank you so much, Chanyeol-sshi."

 

"You know my name."

 

"I did."

 

"But how? I am sure I never see you around."

 

I saw him playing with his fingers. Nervous, perhaps.

 

"I am basically invisible in school. No one notice me anyway."

 

"Ridiculous. How I didn't realized someone as beautiful as you exist in the school?"

 

"Y-You think I'm beautiful?"

 

"Very."

 

A car from the opposite direction drives fast. I immediately pulling him tight into my embrace as the car drives through a pool of water. My unifiorm is drenched in rain water now. Luckily, he did not.

 

"Are you alright, Chanyeol-sshi?"

 

His voice cracks a little. Is he worried about me?

 

"Never better."

 

He is still in my embrace. He is tugging over the front of my shirt. Cute. I lift up his chin with my finger, looking deeply in his eyes.

 

"I never knew your name."

 

"B-Baekhyun."

 

"Nice to meet you, Baekhyun."

 

He nods his head a little, biting his kissable lips again. He then looks up to my face once again, something playing in his head.

 

"I-I like you."

 

"Really?"

 

"Uh-huh."

 

Too cute.

 

"I always like you. I always watching you from far. I really....really like you."

 

He starts sobbing. So he's a crybaby too? Never mind. He looks adorable like that.

 

"Well, that's just too bad."

 

"So you don't like me. You must hate me now."

 

"It depends. If we like someone, do we do this to the person we like?"

 

"W-Wha---"

 

I place my hand over his cheek and leans down to capture his lips. He is shock at first but soon I feel a pair of arms crawls around my neck and I took it as a cue to deepens the kiss. The umbrella is long gone and falls to the ground and I hug his petite body with my long arms, still kissing him passionately in the rain. When we pull out from the kiss, his face flushed red and he looks extremely adorable being all shy like that.

 

"You like me too."

 

"Isn't that weird? I just realized your existence about half an hour ago."

 

He shakes his head.

 

"I'm so happy. You make me happy."

 

We didn't bother walking under an umbrella after that since we are drenched in rain anyway during our first kiss. I intertwine our fingers together. His hand fits perfectly in mine. I like that. When we stand outside his door, he slightly reluctant to say good bye to me.

 

"So.....what are we now?"

 

"Isn't that obvious? You're mine now."

 

He smiles shyly, probably squealing like a girl inside.

 

"I'll see you around at school tomorrow."

 

He gives me my jacket and runs inside his house. I smile and starts walking back to my own home when I feel he grabs my body, turns my around and kisses my lips once again. He then looking all shy, again, and run away from me, slamming his door. I giggle, scratching my neck and walks once again.

 

"I never knew someone will steal a kiss from me like that."