The Hunt

Screw You Guys, I Hate High School!

Chapter 17:

 

Junhyung stared into Hyunseung's equally shocked eyes, trying to figure out what had happened. They were both laying completely still, not sure who should make the first move. The older still rested his head on the youngers forehead. Nervousness flooded the injured boys stomach as he waited for the other to react. Out of habit, Hyunseung his lips before biting his lower one, trying to calm his nerves. He tried pushing up a little bit but realized that his arm was stuck under Junhyung, making it impossible for him to more.

 

The younger boy finally snapped out of his trance when he noticed the pink appendage come out of the other's mouth and then the nervous nibbling that Hyunseung was torturing his own lip with. Quickly getting ahold of himself, he narrowed his eyes at the boy.

 

"What the ! Get off of me!" He ground out causing the injured boy to flinch.

 

"Uh…I-I can't…" The nibbling increased. "M-my arm. It's stuck." He pulled on his arm a little more as proof. Junhyung groaned as he tried to untangle himself from the other boy but to no avail. Letting out what sounded like a growl, Junhyung pushed hard off the ground, ignoring the cry that came from the other boy at the pain he shot through his arm, and rolled the two of them over, Junhyung now laying on top of Hyunseung. He held himself up, his hands on either side of the older boy's head. He stared down at the boy, his dark hair fanning out around his head, showing his face completely. The longer he stared, the darker the other boy's face became. Snapping out of his trance once again, Junhyung finished untangling their legs and rolled away from the other boy. He then stood up and walked away from the tent.

 

Hyunseung stared blankly at the roof of the tent, confused as to what just happened. Sighing, he threw his arm over his eyes, not bothering to move.

 

000000000000000000000000000

 

Gikwang walked into the cafeteria slowly. He had been trying for weeks now to talk to Hyunseung again, but the other was very good at avoiding him. Now he was gone on a school trip and he still hadn't been able to work things out with him. With a sigh he sat at the table with the other members of BEAST. They all looked up at him with questioning looks.

 

"What's wrong with you?" Yoseob asked. Gikwang just shook his head and rested his head on the table. Yoseob just shrugged before he continued talking to Dongwoon. Doojoon stared at the other boy before sliding closer to him, leaning down to whisper to him so the others didn't hear them.

 

"Still haven't talked to him, have you?" Gikwang lifted his head quickly, looking at the oldest person in their group.

 

"Wh-what are you talking about?"

 

Doojoon laughed lightly without humor. "Hyunseung-shii. You've been trying to talk to him all week right?"

 

"H-how did you…" He was shocked. No one knew about him trying to befriend Hyunseung, other than himself and Junhyung. 'Junhyung didn't tell him, did he?'

 

"Relax. He's been avoiding me too." the oldest sighed. Gikwang pulled his eyebrows together in confusion. Doojoon looked at the look the other was giving him and once again laughed lightly. "Some things happened and he ended up being cared for by my mother. Somehow in only a few days he managed to completely change my opinion of him. Made me realize how horrible I had been behaving. He's an interesting person, isn't he?"

 

Gikwang stared at the other boy with a shocked look on his face. All he could do was nod in response, causing the oldest to smile lightly.

 

"Looks like we're in this together, huh?"

 

"In what together?" Gikwang asked, confused.

 

"Getting everyone to stop bullying him. Protecting him from any more pain." Gikwang slowly nodded his head, still shocked by the new development, but still happy that he had someone on his side. Neither of the boys knew how or why, but just by spending short amounts of time with him without anyone else around made the two of them want to always protect him and never let anyone hurt him again.

 

0000000000000000000000000000000000000

 

Junhyung walked quickly away from the tent. His heart was racing as he sped into the trees. He wished that he had grabbed his headphones before leaving but he wasn't going back for them now. He needed to get away from the other boy so he could figure out what hell had happened in the tent. 'Why the hell didn't I push him away right away? Why did I just keep staring at him? What the hell is wrong with me?! I must be getting sick.' He put a hand to his forehead, feeling for a fever, only to notice that his cheeks were burning. "Yep, I'm definitely getting sick." He said aloud this time as he continued pacing through the trees.

 

00000000000000000000000000000

 

It was an hour later before Junhyung returned to the tent. Hyunseung laid inside, reading a book that he had brought. He still hadn't put his glasses back on, not needing them to read. He looked up when his partner walked back in the tent. He was going to say something but nervousness took over him, closing his throat. Instead he buried his nose back in his book, trying to push his nervousness away. The younger on the other hand completely ignored the older, plopping down on his blankets, sliding his headphones on his head and closing his eyes to rest for a little bit. The two eventually completely relaxed, each doing their own thing. They continued like this until the teacher called everyone out for dinner.

 

Once dinner was done, the teachers explained how the scavenger hunt was going to go. "It's going to be a photo scavenger hunt. We have made a list of fifty different things that you and your partner must take pictures of. Both you and your partner must be in all the pictures. You will use your cell phones to take the pictures and you will send them to this number." He gave them the number. "Two sets of partners will leave the starting point, which is this tree over here," he pointed. "every five minutes. You are not expected to work as a whole team, but only with your partners, do you understand? No teaming up with other partners. If you do that, you will be disqualified and it will come out of your project grade, do I make myself clear? Good. Now, it is 5:30 now. The first team will start at 5:45. Again, everyone has a max time limit of three hours. Make sure that you are back by that time. Now, one person from each partnership come up and get a selfie stick. These will make the picture taking easier for the both of you to be in the pictures. And remember, this activity is a bonding activity for you and your partner, so you both need to participate completely, meaning you have to at least pretend that you are having a good time in the pictures, otherwise they don't count. The set of partners to complete all fifty pictures that fastest, or the team that gets the most pictures before the three hours are up will receive extra credit on their project." The teacher finished his instructions, sending all the students to go get ready because there would be some hiking involved. He also had different colored bandannas for each set of partners to wear so it was obvious who was working together.

 

It was now 5:57 so Junhyung and Hyunseung found themselves at the starting line of the hunt along with two other classmates. Hyunseung had a baby blue bandanna wrapped around his head like a headband while Junhyung had his tied around his bicep. They were going to be using Junhyung's phone because Hyunseung's didn't have a camera. At 5:59, the English teacher handed a copy of the list to each group. Both groups started looking at the list before starting to walk away from the starting line. Hyunseung held onto the list since Junhyung had the camera. He looked at some of the different things they would need to get pictures of before starting to plan out how they were going to go about getting them. He pulled Junhyung to a stop to look at the list completely.

 

"Okay, it looks like we are gunna have to go all over this campground. There are some pictures that we need to get at the beach. Some at the ropes course. The hiking trail, the bathroom, the bike trails, the animal park, as well as random things such as certain types of trees or animals. Those ones might be a little more difficult. Where do you want to start? We can start at the other end of the grounds and make our way back, or just get them as we go." Hyunseung continued to read as he waited for the other boy to answer.

 

"Let's just start with the beach and then go in a circle. It should be the fastest and I really need this extra credit. There's no way I'm letting it go to anyone else/" Junhyung answered, scoffing slightly at the stupid activity that he was being forced to take part in.

 

"Okay, that sounds goo…" Hyunseung trailed off as he read the last line that was on the paper. He looked up at Junhyung slowly with wide eyes as he cursed the teacher in his head, gulping loudly.

 

"What's wrong with you?" Junhyung glared lightly, snatching the paper out of his hand. His eyes scanned the paper as they landed on the last sentence. His breath increasing as he became more and more pissed off the more he stared at those words.

 

"You and your partner must do a different pose for each picture -- included in these poses must be at least seven different couple poses regardless of genders."

 

00000000000000000000000000

 

Thank you all once again for being so patient with me. And thank you for all the wonderful comments that you have been leaving me. I'm really grateful for all of you readers out there. I love you all!

 

-Ashley <3