The Fulfilled Miracle.

Just The Way You Are

 

When I reached school the next morning, I hurried my way to a blue signboard that was labeled to be for my age. The signboard was seen to be already surrounded by dozens of students whom were packed like sardines, despite the early hour. From a distance, I could see that there were 7 separate pieces of paper.

As I quickened my pace to a slight run, I felt my heart beat faster.

“Jebal, jebal. Let me enter a class full of newbies.” I blinked hard and stared at the floor while gritting my teeth.

After struggling to push away the demanding students whom were blocking my view, the paper was finally visible. My eyes scanned the paper, being able to hear my own heart beating.

I couldn’t believe it.

My name was under the list of “Class LA4”. I looked for any other familiar names under the list.

“Byun Baek Hyun…”

“Cho Kyu Hyun”

“Choi Min Ho”

“Jung Dae Hyun…”

“~~~~~….”

“Jung Su Yeon, Jessica…”

“Kim Jong Hyun”

“Kwon Yuri…”

“Lee Sun Kyu, Sunny…”

I was relieved. There weren’t any other students I knew from the previous year. Well, other than a few other whom I’ve never really talked to. 

The sound of the abrupt and deafening bell ring made me jump. I looked around to see all the students walking speedily towards the classrooms.

----

 

As soon as I reached the classroom, I could see that many were already there. I saw familiar faces. Baek Hyun, Kyu Hyun, and Min Ho were guys from my previous class. Being their usual quiet selves, they kept to themselves and did not notice of my presence.

I looked around confusingly, not knowing where to sit. Since I was one of the last few whom had reached, there were only two seats left. One was near the dustbin whilst the other was right next to the window. Our seating arrangements had been in pairs.

Being more than an idiot, I definitely picked the one next to the window. From the front of the class, I could see there was a male student sitting right next to the table I was going to sit on.

I walked past the front tables to the row near the windows. When I reached the table, I suddenly felt remarkable affinity. The boy sitting next to me had risen up his head to look at me. He had hazel-brown hair and was wearing a pair of huge geeky, yellow glasses. Not wanting to scare him off, I smiled at him. On receiving the friendly vibe, he gave a crooked smile.

He moved his chair so that I could move in to sit next to him. Once I’d sat down, the female teacher immediately came in and started greeting the class.

“Good morning class! You can call me Miss Kim!...” She seemed like a friendly teacher around her 20s. She smiled amicably at us and started off the topic-Accountings.

------

 

Half-way through the class, I could see that the boy beside me was taking notes. He took notes from the start of the class till now. He made me feel so inferior. I stared at him. Something about him felt unusually strange to me. Despite his geeky glasses and his pale skin, his outfit made him seem rather appealing. He was wearing a white singlet inside and he had a black leather jacket on the outside. He was wearing long black trousers and a pair of sports trainers.

I glanced at his notes. Damn. He’d taken every single detail that the teacher had said. He sure was adept at note-taking. He must be an ace in his studies as well. I thought to myself. Even though I’d just met him an hour ago, I thought he was interesting and felt a strong bond towards him.

Ahhh. I immediately looked down at my textbooks. He’d tilted his head a bit towards my direction. I guess he’d noticed.

-------

 

The male student’s POV*

I was anxious to be enrolled in a new school. I had been living in Busan for the past 9 years and this was my first time in Yang Cheon. I looked at the table, clenching my fists on the table. Being one of the geekiest students in my previous school, I wasn’t sure if anyone would bother to talk to me.

On spur of moment, I heard footsteps approaching me. I tilted my head slightly and saw a pair of female flats. I looked up and in front of me stood a cute girl. Unaware of how to respond, I stared at her blankly. She gave me strange vibes. The moment I’d seen her, I felt my heart thump a little bit louder.

Definitely because I hardly talk to girls. I thought and ignored the feeling.

I had wanted to introduce myself when the teacher suddenly barged into the classroom. Seeing that the teacher was going to start off with the class, I reached into my bag for my notebook to jot down notes.

Halfway through the class, I felt unwonted and glanced slightly to the direction of the girl I’d just met.

On sensing my abrupt movement, I guessed she figured out I noticed her staring. She immediately looked down towards her textbooks. Having watched so many dramas, it was rather cliché.

Yet, I was puzzled and confused. She seemed to be getting more abnormal to me. Not in the negative way. She behaved differently. Why was she staring at me?

End of Male student’s POV*

-----

 

As time flies, class quickly ended and it was free time. I know it’s weird but our school usually have these 1 hour free time sessions for students to do whatever research they want for the next class. I rushed out of the classroom towards the hall lined up with lockers. I reached in my pocket for the locker keys, looking around at the same time to see if SeHun sunbae was around.

I’d wanted to be a different person to him. I’d told my sister to tell him if he asks that I was severely sick and needed to stay at home for 4 months for recuperation.

As soon as I’d taken all my books and started making my way to the school library, at the corner of my eye was the same guy that I’ve just met a while ago. I could see he was quite lost so I offered him some help.

-------

 

The male student’s POV*

I stood there with the school brochure in my hands. I glanced at my surroundings, feeling lost. In the middle of nowhere, the girl I’d just met earlier popped out and stood in front of me, with a grin over her face.

“Annyeoung! You’re new here right? Do you need any help?” Not noticing her presence earlier, I jumped in fright. “Eh, m-mianhae…” She had her little thin fingers over her lips and was giving me a slight head bow.

I felt helpless but if I asked her for help, wouldn’t that mean I’d look dumb? Nothing more than a lost puppy? I continued glancing around the building, hoping to look for some sign that I was familiar with.

Forget it. My dignity and pride wasn’t that important. D’rather get to the place instead of just standing here feeling like an amateur dolphin in the middle of a deep, dark ocean.

I gave a tiny grin. “Ne~! Gomawo! Can you please show me the directions to the library?”

“Ne! I was just about to go there anyway!” She turned and started walking. Feeling clumsy, I scrambled after her, trying to keep up with her pace.

End of Male student’s POV*

-----

 

Sensing the unusual silence, I cleared my throat and started to speak.

“So, how’s the school so far?” I looked at him slightly whilst making my way up the staircase.”

“Hmm, it’s okay.” He looked at me and then to the floor, expressionless. 

I never realized he had such a strong Busan accent till now. I then proceeded to the next question, wanting to break the ice-cold silence. However, after the words slipped out of my mouth only had I realized it seemed like such an idiotic question.

“You’re from Busan.. if I’m not wrong?”

“Ne~. How did you know?” He looked at me with curiosity in his eyes.

“Oh. Keke. Your accent.” I gave him a wide smile.

“I see. I see.” He continued looking at the floor.

“You still haven’t introduced yourself yet...” I spoke in a rather demanding tone as I was getting impatient.

“Ah! Mianhae! I wasn’t trying to be rude.” He was looking at me with puppy eyes.

His puppy eyes just made me melt. “Gwenchana-yo.”

“My name is Jung Dae Hyun.”

 

Author's Note*

So heres chapter 3! Sorry for the terrible suspense, especially since it's Dae Hyun's first appearance in the fanfiction. Hope it's up to all of your standards~ Don't forget to leave a comment!