Days

Days [One-shot]

'Im the guy that can make you smile, I'm the guy that can make you laugh. I'm the guy that will love you no matter what, the one who'll pick up the pieces of your heart. I'm also the guy that will make you cry, the guy that can make you miserable. I'm the guy who will forget about you, the one who will disappear when you need me most. At the end you will still love me.

 

"Because you're just that good, right?" Jian covered and let out a laugh.
"How did you know?" L.Joe acted shocked.
"But.. you know. You should really stop making Chunji oppa mad, one day he'll get get back at you." Jian said being serious this time.
"Why are you calling him oppa? We're all the same age, the only one you can call oppa is me."
"You need to grow up first." A voice teased. The owner of that voice was none other than Hyuna. The red-head stood at the cafe's door for a while before walking up to Jian and L.Joe.
"Look who's talking." L.Joe murmured.
"You came at a bad time noona, Jian is just about to open the cafe so you should leave." L.Joe talked fast and let out a pathetic laugh at the end.
"You're coming with me!" Hyuna grabbed L.Joe's wrist and dragged him to the door. Well she thought she was dragging him, the truth was L.Joe was walking on his own. Before he disappeared behind the glass doors he made a phone sign to Jian. Jian smiled and got up from the chair, she walked towards the door and changed the sign to open.
Five hours passed in a blink of an eye and soon enough the cafe was closed again. Jian hated working at the cafe but she was earning extra money while helping her parents so for now it was a pretty good deal. She grabbed her bag and a couple of macaroons that were left over. Jian made sure all the windows were closed then went outside and locked the door. The night air was refreshing and the moon looked beautiful no matter how many times she looked at it.
"You're done?" Jian jumped as soon as she heard the voice but quickly calmed down when she realized who it belonged to. She turned around and walked towards Chunji who was leaning against his car. Jian nodded and got into the car.
"You don't have to pick me up." Jian shyly said once Chunji was inside the car.
"If its because of Byunghyun don't worry about it..."Chunji leaned close to her until their noses were almost touching. He smirked before giving her a light kiss which left Jian frozen. "He doesn't need to know."
For a second Jian stared at Chunji wondering why he had kissed her all of the sudden. She didn't speak until they arrived at her apartment. As soon as the car was parked Jian opened the door and walked away from the car.
"Yah Jian, Kwon Jian." Chunji called after her.
Jian turned around holding her bag tightly and biting her lips."Stop teasing me pabo." Jian chuckled and waved good bye to Chunji. He shook his head while smiling and waved back. While Jian was opening the entering the password to her house Chunji sat in his car watching her. I'm not teasing you.

The days passed quickly, maybe its because summer always goes by quickly. They also say time passes fast when your having fun. Jian was having fun. She didn't need to work at the cafe anymore so she had the whole day to do whatever she wanted. Most of the days she would spend with L.Joe and sometimes Hyuna. While she spend the nights clubbing with Chunji. Summer didn't last forever though soon fall was here and they were all back to school. Out of all of them Jian was the only one who got lost going to almost all her classes. Who wouldn't really, Kyunghee university was huge. Chunji and L.Joe about it, mostly L.Joe.

Jian finished her typing her story for Japanese class and closed her laptop. She looked to the side and saw L.Joe asleep, his head resting on the brown table. To the right she saw Chunji was also sleeping. They wanted to stay here and cheer her on but they had fallen asleep a long time ago. They had come as soon as their lessons where finished around 6PM and had been in the library ever since. Jian looked up and the clock was a little pass midnight. At that moment her phone ranged, she quickly answered it so it wouldn't bother the boys.
"Yobosaeyo?" Jian said walking outside into the cold night.
"Is this Kwon Jian-shii?" A woman said at the other end.
"This is her." Jian replied looking at the snowflakes that were starting to fall.
"Mr. Seunghyun..your father has passed away."
 Jian dropped her phone, the noised echoed in the quiet night. She didn't know what to feel instead she stood there lifeless. When L.Joe opened his eyes and realized Jian wasn't next to him he panicked and ran outside almost passing Jian. L.Joe could tell something was wrong just by looking at her. Instead of speaking her wrapped his arms around her and whispered."Aren't you cold?"
At that moment tears started falling from Jian's eyes, quiet tears. The only noise that could be hears came from the phone.
"Jian-shii? Are you there? Hello?"



The days where blurry, Jian could barely remember a thing. She remembered crying, that was weird she didn't usually cry. She remembered L.Joe... She remembered that he didn't leave her side even for a minute. She didn't want to remember how sad her mother was, how lost she looked. When the funeral services where over Jian and L.Joe took the first train back to seoul. As much as she loved her mother staying by her side would only hurt Jian. In those days it seemed it would never stop snowing, it seemed it would always be cold. The only warmth she felt was from L.Joe, she only felt safe with him, Maybe even happy.Without knowing it she built her life around him. Slowly the pain of losing her father faded and she smiled again. Winter also faded away into spring.
"Wow i don't see you a lot these days." Chunji looked at Jian who was busy looking at the menu.
"I'm a very busy girl."
"Busy? We don't even have any classes."
"Don't be sad oppa, i will always come to see you when i need free food." Jian took her eyes away from the menu and laughed.
"You have no shame." Chunji rested his elbow on Jian's head and scanned the menu. They ordered and sat down to wait until their food was ready. They talked about random things, nothing serious. Even though they see each other everyday Jian is always with L.Joe and doesn't really talk with Chunji. Jian looked outside, it had stopped raining and the sun was shining bright. She smiled at the thought of summer again even if it was far away. She saw a couple getting out of a car taxi, Jian would have let it pass except she recognized the two people. It was L.Joe and Hyuna. They walked up to the cafe holding hands. Jian turned her head to the door and saw them come in.
"What do you want to eat?" L.Joe asked Hyuna.
"Whatever you want to eat." She cutely replied.
"No you have to pick."
"Hmmm everything!"
"Anything for my girlfriend." L.Joe smiled at Hyuna and Jian felt her heart break into a million pieces.

"Let's go." Jian said to Chunji who replied with a confused expression. Jian got up and quickly walked out, L.Joe and Hyuna didn't notice her. Chunji was right behind her, before walking outside he noticed L.Joe and Hyuna and sighed. By the time he got outside Jian was already inside the car. She was crying when Chunji got in.

"He's not your boyfriend, why are you crying for him?" Chunji asked her, Jian could sense he was angry. She didn't reply and instead wiped her tears. The ride was silent and even a bit awkward. Chunji stopped at a park instead of taking her home. He got out and Jian watched him walk to the nearest bench. After minutes of watching Chunji sit there she got out and walked to him. Seeing him with his head down, she didn't like it. Chunji was always proud, always happy it wasn't like him. She sat down and coughed loudly.
"I'm the one who should be down."
"You?" Chunji lifted his head and took a look at her. "You have no reasons."
"...You know, ever since we were little-"
"Ever since we where little you've always chosen L.Joe over me." He chuckled dryly. "Why?"
Jian looked around the park hoping the answer would come to her. "I don't know."
"I like you but you've never taken me seriously, what has he done."
"Chunji..."
"Come to me, i wont let him hurt you again." He looked her in the eyes.
"I..will always love L.Joe."
"I know."