[One-shot] A typical day in the Choi household

A typical day in the Choi household

 

“Appa! Appa! Look!”

Siwon sat by his 3 year old son trying to feed the skinny boy who doesn’t seem to have an interest in eating. He is as thin as the stick figures he draws.

“He’s 3, he can feed himself.” Kyuhyun points out sternly.

“That’s true.” Siwon can’t help agreeing but all his son is doing is pick out raisins in his cereal and throws them on the table. He thinks it is very funny, laughing and giggling merrily.

“He’s always like this only when you are around.” Kyuhyun remarked shortly.

“Appa ~” Hyukjae was about to show his father another trick he can do with his breakfast cereal when the older man turned to him with a stern expression of his own.

“Son, behave.”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes in mock resignation. Father and son, both out to infuriate him, he suspects. “Hyukjae.” He said. Something in his voice stopped the boy immediately. Siwon watched his son’s cheerful demeanor wilt before his eyes and he felt sorry for the boy.

Raising his eyes to his spouse to appeal on his son’s behalf, he saw something in Kyuhyun’s eyes that made him wilt too. Lowering his head, he saw his son looking at him from the corner of his little eyes and he stuck out his tongue in a conspiratory manner.

“Hyung!” Kyuhyun chides disapprovingly.

“Oopsie.” Siwon mutters under his breath. For a three year old, Hyukjae has a surprisingly presence of mind not to aggravate his Kyuppa further with any of his antics.

Silence reigned the breakfast table for a while. Siwon drank his coffee meekly while Kyuhyun fed his son.

“So.”

Kyuhyun raised his head in surprise when he heard Siwon utter the one single syllable. His bread half-eaten and forgotten as he awaits his husband to continue.

“Did you like the watch I bought you?” Siwon asks with forced casualness. Kyuhyun has not said anything about it since he received the item a week ago and Siwon badly needs his ego stoked.

“Watch?” Kyuhyun suddenly sound nervous and Siwon frowned. “Wat-watch.”

“What’s wrong?” Siwon’s frown turned deeper as Kyuhyun continues to fidget.

“I ~”  Kyuhyun finally spoke up but his reply is interrupted by several loud rings of Siwon’s mobile phone.

“Choi speaking. Yes, now? Ok, text me the address.” Siwon got up from his seat and made his way out of the kitchen. Kyuhyun got up too to follow while Hyukjae jumped off his chair to dash after his parents.

Siwon is still talking on the phone but he already has one arm in his coat sleeve. Kyuhyun helped him with the other as the whole family moved towards the front door.

Ending the call, Siwon turned to his wife and child to bid them goodbye before opening the door.

“Stay safe.” Kyuhyun murmurs as they shared a deep kiss.

“Bye, little man. Take care of your Kyuppa for me.” Siwon said to his son after pulling away reluctantly from his beloved. Oh, how deeply affected he is by the delicious scent of the smaller man.

“Bye, Appa!” Hyukjae replied boisterously.

@

“YOU WHAT?!!!” Siwon’s loud bellow resonated in the tiny enclosure of his car and hurt his own ears. “Why did you do that? You know how long I had to save to get that for you? Why did you not tell me first?!”

And really, who can blame the man for blowing his top? He had saved for a year to buy his Kyuhyun a diamond-encrusted watch for their anniversary and Kyuhyun had brought it back to the shop to return it.

His ragged breathing filled the phone line as he struggles to calm down.

“I tried, but you rushed off this morning before I could tell you.” Kyuhyun’s quite voice replied.

“I was called out!” Siwon snapped crossly.

No more arguments from the other end of the line but they held on. It’s time to reach a truce.

“Ok, maybe it is easier to handle me in this mood over the phone.” Siwon mutters begrudgingly.

Still only silence.

“We’ll talk later when I get home.”

“Ok.” An almost inaudible murmur.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“No, Kyu, I mean it. I really love you.” Siwon felt an outrageous need to make the other person understand.

“And I mean it too when I said I love you.” Now Kyuhyun speaks up firmly.

“I love you.” Siwon said again.

“I love you too.” Kyuhyun replied before they hang up the phone.

@

“Was it baby’s long day in school today?” Siwon stopped chewing his supper to ask.

“Yes.” Kyuhyun replied drily, refusing to make eye contact as he placed a bowl of salad greens infront of the appalled looking man.

“Damn, I missed it!” Siwon cursed loudly realizing that he missed the chance to spend some quiet time with his spouse by coming home late.

“It was your choice.” Came the cold reply.

Siwon winced. It’s difficult enough to find time to make love with his mate with their son insisting on sleeping with them, on their bed, in between them. The boy’s school did them a favour by keeping the students in school all day once a week and Siwon has to miss it. He face-palmed himself mentally.

While he is having an argument with himself, Kyuhyun had slipped out to their room and came back soon with a couple of items which he placed before the astonished man.

“Wh ~”

“After returning the watch you bought me, I bought these.” Kyuhyun said simply.

Siwon looked at the pair of wrist watches and a receipt. “You bought these?”

Kyuhyun sat down next to his speechless husband, mentally hoping that he will not lash out at him again.

“One for you and one for me. They look nice, don’t they?” Kyuhyun explains. “And dance classes for Hyukkie. That boy love to dance, I’m sure he will like the classes.”

Siwon remained stoic. He knows his spouse did a better job than he did but he refuses to yield just yet. Seeing him looking at him with his doe-like eyes nearly destroyed his will to make the smaller man stew a little more.

Kyuhyun stared appealingly at his husband. He is too afraid to say another word. Of course he appreciates his loving gesture, but as a wife and a mother, he cannot be expected to be happy unless his family is able to share his joy.

“Won, I ~” He ventures timidly, wholly surprised when Siwon swooped forward and took him into his arms, lips pressed firmly against him. He felt no anger from the man as his husband nudges him gently, and nipping in a manner that spelt extreme tenderness.

Their lips parted but Siwon refused to let him go. Kyuhyun smiled as he plays with a button on his shirt. “Let’s get Hyukkie to sleep in his own bed tonight.” Siwon said suggestively, enjoying the slight start and then deep blush on his spouse’s cheeks as the man fought his shyness at the blatant proposition.

Standing up from his seat and taking Kyuhyun’s soft hand into his, the couple head back to their room. Their son is sprawled on their bed sleeping deeply much to the delight of both parents. Exchanging a conniving smile, they spread out and tiptoed to the boy’s side. Siwon carefully push his hands under the tiny body but before he could cradle it to his chest….”Nnngg…..Appa…..”

“Go back to sleep, son.” Siwon had to work hard to keep the frustration out of his voice as he spoke to the rapidly awaking boy.

Hyukjae rubs his eyes with his tiny fists and realized that his Kyuppa is standing by his side with a strange smile. “Kyuppa ~” He whines, reaching out for the man.

“Don’t you want to go back to sleep, Hyukkie?” Kyuhyun asks as he took his son into his arms. Hyukjae pouts cutely.

“I’m not tired anymore.” He said brightly, his parents’ cringing escaped him totally.

“You don’t know that, son.” Siwon refutes in a hurry. “It’s night time now, and little boys must go to sleep when it is dark outside.”

Hyukjae threw his father a doubtful look before turning back to rest his cheek again the softness of his Kyuppa’s cheek. “But I’m not sleepy.” He whined softly.

“Why don’t we lie down now and Appa will sing you a song.” Kyuhyun said in his best persuasive voice reserved just for his son.

Hyukjae allows himself to be lowered back onto the bed, albeit with an unhappy upturn of his lips. As soon as Kyuhyun seats himself down next to him, he scoots closer and climb onto the warm chest. Siwon ruffles the little boy’s dark mocha curls before starting to sing softly. Kyuhyun hums along as he the back of the little head gently to calm the toddler down.

Siwon continues to sing, totally lost in the pleasure of singing which he enjoys. Raising his head to face the ceiling, he sang his heart out. In one of the rare moments when he glances at his audience the song he was singing so enthusiastically died on his lips.

“Eh!!!!” He utters unhappily at Kyuhyun nodding silently next to him. Hyukjae is staring inquisitively at his parents with his big bright eyes.

“Baby! Wake up!” He taps Kyuhyun’s arm furiously.

“Hnng…huh? Wh ~” Kyuhyun jumped awake.

“We are supposed to put Hyukkie to sleep, not you falling asleep too!” Siwon hissed disapprovingly.

“Oh ~ oh yes…..so-sorry….” Kyuhyun gave the sullen man an awkward smile. As Siwon resumes singing, Kyuhyun resumes caressing his restless son.

Siwon is nearing the end of the song when he hears a soft murmur. “Won….wonnie…..”  

Turning around to look, He saw that Hyukjae’s eyes are closed and his small chest is rising and falling gently. Well, at least his son is asleep at last!  Exchanging a soft giggle, Siwon tries again to move Hyukjae to his own bed and this time he succeeds!

When he bounds back to his own bedroom eagerly, Kyuhyun is already lying under the covers topless and waiting.

“Let me…me take a quick sho-shower.” Siwon trips over his tongue in a rush to undress and dash into the bathroom.

“I’ll be waiting here…Wonnie…..” Kyuhyun replied sultrily and adds in a lusty smirk for good measure. It is a wonder that Siwon did not trip over his own feet in a bid to get himself through the bathroom door.

A 4 minute shower and a good dose of cologne and Siwon burst back into his bedroom, flying towards his bed, ready to jump the delectable creature lying there waiting…..no…wait…..he’s…..

HOW CAN THAT BE!!!!!

Siwon moaned inwardly as he stopped dead in his tracks to stare at the sleeping figure on the bed. Albeit he is top bare but his passion still fizzled out at the sight of his spouse deep in sleep.

IT CAN’T BE!!!!!!

Siwon moaned again in frustration. For a moment he is tempted to wake Kyuhyun up and resume what they had planned to do. But another look at that tranquil sleeping face made him give up that thought quickly. With an air of resignation, he sat down gingerly to admire the beautiful face that snared his heart from the word ‘Go’.

Guess tonight’s not gonna happen, babe. Siwon mutters under his breath, getting back onto his feet to turn off all the lights in the room before climbing in next to his lover. Snaking one strong arm around his waist, he pulled close and rest his cheek against the warm smooth skin of his back.

“I love you.” Siwon whispers as he falls asleep too unaware of the tiny smile forming on Kyuhyun’s lips as he dreams of a dream filled with colors, people he loves and lots of joy; pretty much like his real life, don’t you think?