The Promise I Made...

Keeping A Promise

 

Leetuek’s POV~

Should I call her?...What if she doesn’t pick up? What if she changed her number?

Will she be mad at me for not calling her eventhough I promised her I would?

Those were questions which tormented me ever since I picked up my phone and looked into my contacts.

‘Kim Kyu Mi’ was highlighted.

Go on Jung Soo! You should call her! You haven’t talked to her in ages!

After taking a deep breath. I found the courage to press the green call button.

*Beep beep* *Beep beep*

Finally she picked up but I think it was the wrong time to call her…

“Hello?...” her voice answered but in a groggy tone.

“…..” I was speechless nothing would come out.

Park Jung Soo! Look at yourself! You called her but your not saying anything!

“H..h…hello? Kyu Mi is that you?” I asked softly.

“Hello who is this?” she asked.

My heart stopped for awhile.

She doesn’t recognize my voice…

Has she already forgotten me?

“Its Lee-“ I stopped. Idiot use your real name! Not your stage name!

“Its Jung Soo oppa…” I spoke.

“….” Silence was my answer.

“He-“ I was about to say something when…

“Jung Soo oppa is that really you???” she asked.

“Mi Mi oppa misses you~” I whined.

“Oppa! It is you!” she sang on the line.

“Kyu Mi-ah~ Oppa wants to hug you again!” I sang.

“Soo oppa! Can we meet now?” she asked.

I looked up at the wall clock.

3:00 AM. Hmmm everyone should be asleep by now so I'm safe!^^

“Sure…” I said.

“Meet me at xxxx park.” she said before hanging up. 

I got up and changed.

I threw on some thick rimmed glasses, a white beanie, a shirt with a wool vest and black washed jeans.

I pulled on my fan made jacket with the words ‘Angel Tuekie & Tuekie Tuek’ sewed on it and zipped it up.

Sprayed on some cologne and climbed out my window and unto the fire escape.

I ran out into the streets and hailed a cab.

“Excuse me sir can you bring me to xxxx Park…” I told the cab driver and waited as we drove to the park where my Mi Mi is.

After reaching I paid him 4000won and walked down the path into the park.

Brrr….Its winter  and its cold out.

“Oppa?” I heard a voice asked.

I looked behind me and there was a girl around my age with long shiny black hair under a white beanie.

She was around my shoulder height, had brownish grey eyes and a small nose.

“Kyu Mi?” I asked as I squinted at her.

Wow! Why is it so dark? The street lamps were dim due to the amount of snow covering it.

She ran over and hugged me.

I hugged her back and a smile crept unto my face.

My heart was beating faster….Was it because I’m too happy to see her? Or is there something more to this?

I miss hugging her like this...

I heard a sniffle and a soft sob….Is she crying?

“Oppa I missed you so much!” she cried.

“You know I was busy with work and all…” I explained.

“But you could’ve at least texted or e-mailed me!” she cried even louder.

Wow she really missed me…. Her arms were tightening around my shoulders.

“Oppa is it raining?” she asked as she looked up at me.

The top part of her beanie was wet….I looked up at the sky and I saw only snow falling.

“No…” I answered her.

“Oppa…you’re crying…” she spoke as she wiped my cheeks with a tissue.

What? I reached up my eyes and wiped it.

Why are they wet? Was I crying the whole time?

“Kyu Mi…” I spoke softly.

She looked up at me. 

“Thank you…” I smiled.

“For what oppa?” she asked with a cute face.

“For supporting me and cheering me on…” I explained.

She smiled.

“I’ll always support you oppa~” she sang.

Then she reached into her pocket for something and pulled it out.

It was a silver charm bracelet with lots of charms on it.

“Remember what this is?” she asked.

I nodded and did a happy dance in my head.

“It’s the charm bracelet I bought for you on your thirteenth birthday…” I smiled.

“Yeah and each time we went shopping you would buy me a new charm…” she smiled back.

“This paw charm you bought was when we saved the puppy which was stuck in a hole in a fence…” she said.

“The flower charm was when we both became the flower girl and boy for my older brother’s wedding!” she giggled probably at that memory because I didn’t want to be ‘flower boy’ since it sounded so ‘girly’.

“The high heel charm I bought when you first began wearing high heels…” I smiled.

Haha it was so funny watching her trying to walk in those high heels like a runway model.

She fell the first few times and then soon she started strutting around like a y star!.

Maybe even like Lee Hyori!:P

“Yah! Don’t laugh! And remember this charm right here?” she asked pointing at the heart shaped charm.

I stared at it for awhile. I scratched my head and shook my head.

“You bought this the day before you went for your audition…” she explained.

“Could you tell me why? Because I don’t really remember that one…” I asked.

She pouted and hit me.

“Ow! What was that for Kyu Mi?!” I shouted.

“That’s for forgetting your promise!” she shouted and hit me again.

“You promised me that when you got famous and had money you’d come back and marry me!” she shouted and turned away with a angry sigh.

“Kyu Mi…” I spoke.

Now I remembered! I did say those words… I did promise her that… But how could I now? Fans would go crazy!

“Kyu Mi-ah…Kyu Mi-ah!!!” I spoke first before shouting her name when I looked up and saw her walking away.

“Go away! If you know you can't keep your promise, you shouldn't have made one anyway!” she shouted and ran.

“Kyu Mi-ah!” I shouted as I ran after her.

But she ahd already got into a cab and drove away.

I stood there panting.. she left…she left me…I made her leave…

“A promise is a promise hyung…Promises shouldn’t be broken…” I heard a familiar voice speak behind of me.

I looked behind me.

There..on a bench… three people sat.

I knew them…all three of them…they were no other than Donghae, Hyukjae and Siwon.

Siwon sat in the middle with a newspaper opened wide, hiding them.

“You guys followed me?” I asked.

“We were looking for you hyung!” Donghae shouted worriedly.

“Yeah! Wookie went into your room to see if you already slept and then came back out crying and shouting!” Hyukjae continued.

“Waah! Leetuek hyung disappeared! He got abducted! Somebody kidnapped him! Help! Help!” Siwon mimicked Ryeowook’s voice.

I smiled at their goofy-ness.

“Then the three of us ran out and we saw you get into a cab so we decided to quietly follow you!” Donghae explained.

“Then how did the three of you get here?” I asked.

“If you had a choice of a Mercedes Benze or a Audi TT which will you choose?” Donghae asked.

*Honk honk*

The three of us turned around.

A white Audi TT was in front of us.

The window rolls down and Hyukjae smiled at us.

“Definitely snow white Audi TT!” Hyukjae boasted with two thumbs up.

Then I looked at Siwon.

“Well my Mercedes isn’t some kind of car which you drive following someone right? Besides I have never sat in an Audi TT before!” Siwon smiled.

“Yeah yeah we found him…yes we’ll come back…yes…yes…love you…bye..” Donghae was on his phone talking to Wookie..

“Urgh! He reminds me of a nagging mother!” Donghae sighed.

“But we still love him!” we all laughed.

“So hey! You guys want to sit in my Audi or freeze your butts out in the snow?” Hyukjae laughed.

“Definitely Audi!” we all chimed and got into his car.

On the way back to the dorm everything was quiet.

I kept thinking of Kyu Mi. Could she have been waiting this whole time for me? Does this mean she really likes me back?

Kyu Mi-ah! Oppa is sorry! Please...forgive me...

‘A promise is a promise hyung….Promises shouldn’t be broken…’

Siwon’s voice echoed in my mind.

A tear ran down the side of my face as a short flashback played in my mind. The times we spent together...Happy,sad and crazy times...

“Who was that girl at the park hyung?” Donghae asked.

“My childhood bestfriend” I answered as I quickly wiped away the tears which were about to fall.

“She’s pretty whats her name?” Hyukjae asked.

“Kyu Mi…Kim Kyu Mi…” I answered.

Then we reached the apartment and got out of the car as Hyukjae went to park it in the basement.

We went up and entered the dorms.

“Tuekie hyung!” Ryeowook bursted into tears as he ran and hugged me.

“Sorry for making you worry Wookie…” I apologized as I ruffled his hair.

“Now go to sleep hyung!” Wookie smiled and tucked me into bed. Even if you're the third youngest here Ryeowook...You really care about an ahjushi like me...:) Thank you..

-

The Next Morning…

I woke up next day and quickly got changed.

It was my day off today so I ran out of the apartment and went to the nearest florist.

I bought a whole bouquet of pink roses and white calla lilies.

Kyu Mi’s favorites!^^

This time I left a note on my door saying that I’m paying a visit to my family.

I got a cab and drove to Kyu Mi’s house address.

Wow! She still lives here!.

I walked up to the door and pressed the doorbell.

Seconds later an elderly lady answers the door.

“Annyeong Mrs.Kim!” I bowed. Wow Mrs.Kim aged alot...

“Jung Soo?” she asked as she took a  closer look at my face.

Wow she recognized me faster than Kyu Mi herself.

“Hi Mrs.Kim is Kyu Mi around?” I asked as she invited me in for a cup of tea.

“Yeah she’s upstairs upset about something…” her elder brother Jihun answered.

“Jihun hyung!” I smiled and high fived him.

“Hey little Jung Soo!” he smiled and ruffled my hair.

“Where’s Hara noona?” I asked.

“Here!” she shouted from the kitchen.

She came out of the kitchen carrying a baby dressed in pink. What? They already have a daughter?! Did I really mised out that much?

“Jung Soo???”she asked in shock.

“The one and only!” I smiled.

“Long time no see! Gyu Ri say hello to uncle Jung Soo!” Hara smiled and brought the baby closer.

“Tuekie!” the baby giggled.

She must be at least two years old. Wait! Did she just call me by my stage name?!

“Huh? She knows my stage name?” I asked.

“No! Dummy! She doesn’t know Super Junior! She sees the dog on your shirt!” Jihun laughed.

“No Gatuen Saram Tto eobseo~” she sang.

“Now explain that hyung!” I pouted.

“Kyu Mi!!!!!” Jihun shouted up at the ceiling.

“WHAT?” Kyu Mi shouted from upstairs.

“Are you making Gyu Ri listen to Super Junior???” Jihun shouted.

“Opps! Sorry! I was listening to their song ‘No Other’ that day and she liked the music video!” she shouted.

“What???” Hara asked.

“She liked seeing Jung Soo with the red hat going around taking pictures!”she shouted again.

“Jung Soo’s here why aren’t you down here?!” Jihun shouted.

Then a minute later Kyu Mi runs down.

“Hey Kyu Mi!” I smiled.

“Why are you here?” she asked in a cold way and glared at me.

“I bought you flowers…” I answered showing her the bouquet.

She took it and put them in a vase.

“Kyu Mi-ah…” I called out to her.

She turned around with her hands on her hips.

"What is it? Are you going to apologize? Because I won't forgive you for forgetting!" she glared.

I went down on my knee and reached into my pocket.

“Jung Soo-ah!” Jihun and Hara gasped.

I pulled out a small box and opened it.

There shining in the sunlight was a ring with a diamond.

“Jung Soo…” Kyu Mi spoke with wide eyes.

“Kyu Mi-ah will you be my wife?” I asked sincerely.

She bent down and hugged me while nodding her head.

“I’ll be happy to!” she smiled.

“Could’ve been better…” Jihun sighed.

“Yah! Kim Jihun his proposal was much more romantic then yours!” Hara scolded and whacked Jihun on his head.

I slid the ring on her finger and kissed Kyu Mi full on the lips.

“I’m happy that you accepted my proposal~” I smiled.

“I’m happy that you kept your promise~” she smiled back.

"So do you forgive me now?" I asked her with a cheeky smile.

"Why wouldn't I?" she asked with a big smile.

Then Jihun slides in a disc into the player and my group’s song ‘Marry U’ comes on.

“Lets have a Suju wedding!” Jihun cheered.

“Did I whack you that hard?” Hara asked.

Then we all laughed.

Aigo…Siwon if the E.L.F come after her with knives…I’ll blame all of this on you…But don't worry Kyu Mi..I'll protect you forever!

-The End-

 

Author's Note: Done! Haha so how do you guys think about this oneshot? Is it cute,cheesy,romantic or just boring because you've read something similiar to this somewhere?(which I don't think anyone has written something like this yet..)xD If you totally love me and want to read more fics or oneshots like this...Comment to give suggestions and subscribe to give me strength or support!^^ Nitex ppl around the world!:D