"How could you...."

When They Meet Again

 

Yoona slammed the door of her bedroom really hard. She didn’t mean it, but she did it unconsciously and didn’t regret it at all. It was obvious that her action was the reaction of her anger which already reached the boiling point. She threw her backpack to the wall and plopped  herself on her bed. She groaned a little bit and put the pillow on her face, trying not to let the anger popped out of her body. But, she ended up throwing thing to the wall again. The next unfortunate victim is her Minnie Mouse pillow that she used to cover her face. Then, she sat straight on her bed and did the yoga pose. She took a deep breath and let it out. She did it few times until she kept herself calm.

Im Yoona,you can’t be like this. If you turned to be an angry monster, it meant you were defeated by that ugly jerk. No way. Yoona thought.

Yoona actually worried how her family’s impression when she just got home after spending 6 months away from home. Well, she put this “don’t-you-dare-to-bother-me” look when she step into her home, leaving all the family members confused. This was not the usual Yoona, they thought. Because, Yoona whom they knew would smile really big as she step into the house and asked her mom what food she cooked. She would go directly to eat the food while rambling about her life in China. She wouldn’t shut until someone told her to eat the food slowly and just eat. That was Yoona.

Her father, mother, and younger sister, Suzy, already asked her if something was wrong but Yoona decided to just keep it to herself.  Her family was quite…. different if that was actually the right word to describe all of them. They were like the “a-little-bit-normal” version of Chance family in “Raising Hope”. Instead of worrying that all of her things were stolen by a stranger whom she just met for 3 hours, they would laugh at how stupid and careless she was. Especially when they knew that the stranger isn’t just usual stranger. He was the EXO-M’s Luhan. And not to forget the fact that Suzy was actually a fan of EXO eventhough her bias was Sehun. It didn’t mean that she actually cared but her sister kept asking her to buy some EXO stuff in China instead of asking how was she or her studying process. That was how weird all of them, but that was also the thing why she always loved and missed her family when she was studying in China for quite long time.

So, Yoona reached her jeans pocket to grab her phone. She threw it on her bed, right in front of the place where he sat. She glued her eyes to the phone. Should I really call him? Yoona thought hardly.

First option, she called him, asking for her things to be given back to her. It sounded easy, but it really wasn’t because the person that she should call is the so annoyingly annoying Luhan. Yoona knew better that Luhan wouldn’t give in easily. She was only seated next to him for three hours, but his character was so easy to be figured by her. And, being Yoona she was, calling Luhan was like admitted herself to be defeated by his irritating trick.

Second option, said bye bye to her homework. This was the hardest one, especially to see the fact that Yoona was scholarship student. One wrong step, her college life would be so over. The End. Good bye. Zài jiàn. Her scholarship would be taken off, or worst of the worst, the university would kick her. Yoona imagined herself being kicked out of university, living without much money in China, end up being homeless or deported from China. Or-- , that couldn’t happen, she shook her head to shoosh her imagination.

Yoona actually had this third option which was camping near SM Building with “Luhan is a jerk” banner and throwing rotten eggs and tomatoes to Luhan’s face when she saw him walking to the building. But, she knew better that it was too extreme. As much as she cared about her things, she didn’t want end up being jailed.

Yoona was deep in her imaginary world until she didn’t realize someone knocked her door rapidly.

“Yoona unnie, unnie, unnie, unnieeeeeeee!!!!” A girl behind the door screamed her lung out while screaming Yoona’s name. That scream succeed to snap Yoona’s mind to wander and she started to run to the door so her sister would shut .

“I’m coming! Oh my… where did you learn to scream like that?” Yoona opened the door, gazing annoyingly  to her younger sister, Suzy. She rubbed her ears to show how irritating her scream was.

“Should I hand you a mirror to answer that question?” Suzy replied sarcastically.

Yoona rolled her eyes, “What do you want?”

“Unnie, unnie. Your flight is SK145, right?”

Yoona nodded and stared at her sister in confusion, “Why?”

Suzy’s eyes were getting bigger and shinier, “You were in the same flight as EXO-M members! You were in the same freaking flight, oh my Heaven, you’re so freaking lucky, unnie! Did you meet them? Are they really cute in the---“

Yoona slammed the door on Suzy’s face as the younger girl started to throw her loads of questions. Suzy stopped, and stared blankly at the door, confused.

***

Luhan sat in the table near of his room balcony. Members of EXO-K, Chen and Xiumin went home to spend the year-end with their families. The members of EXO-M who are Chinese spend their times in Korea, they were too tired to go back and forth from Korea to China and vice versa, so they choose to take their 2-weeks break in South Korea.

Luhan was left alone in his room, while the other members went out to find something to eat. Luhan choose to spend his time alone, waiting for something. Yoona’s call. That’s what he has been waiting for. He was sure that Yoona would call him. He already took her notebook and piles of her homework that he thought was important for her. No way she could just leave it to Luhan, he knew it in his heart.

He stared at his phone blankly, waiting for a right call to be picked up. He already searched through her files, her notebook that he “stole” to find her number, or something but he couldn’t find it. Luhan missed her already. He knew better not to fall for a girl whim he just met for three hours, but she was the only exception. She was different.

Suddenly, Luhan’s phone rang, bringing his thought to the reality. He looked at the phone so fastly and saw unknown number was calling. He was getting nervous and his hands trembled while pressing the green button to accept the call, “He-hello?”

“Gege! I saw this cute deer-shaped cake, do you want me to buy it for you?”

Luhan didn’t bother to answer the question and just end the call as soon as he realized who he was. God damn it, Tao.

His phone rang once again, and he picked it up again without seeing the number, “What again? No, I don’t want that stupid cake, Tao—“

“You’re still a jerk, aren’t you?” a girl’s voice interrupted Luhan’s rant.

Luhan felt a sudden relief, this is truly her.

***

Yoona finally decided to call Luhan. She decided to just throw her pride and asked him to give her things back. She kept assuring that it wasn’t that bad to call him, she had to win this time. For my college life, Yoona thought.

So, Yoona searched Luhan’s number in her phone and called him. Her heart was beating so fast at the thought of hearing his voice in just matter of seconds. After three seconds, someone picked up the phone and started to rant something about stupid deer-shaped cake. It is him, definitely.

Yoona interrupted him, “You’re still a jerk, aren’t you?”

And, that was silent for about one minute. All Yoona could hear was only his soft melodic breath, it felt like Luhan was breathing near her ears. The thought of it make Yoona blushed a little bit. Then, she could imagine how Luhan smirked as he said, “Sorry, you’ve got the wrong number. I’m not a jerk. I’m Luhan.”

Yoona rolled her eyes, “So, what should I call for a person who stole someone’s things?”

“I didn’t steal it. I gave your things back, Missy.”

“No, you don’t, Mister. You don’t give ALL my things back.”

“To be noted, I said that I’d give your backpack back and I did. Not that I said I’d also give the things inside your backpack,” Luhan smirked triumphantly.

Yoona didn’t know how to react. This boy gave a nonsense reply but indeed, the reply was annoyingly smart. “But, still. You stole my freaking things,” Yoona didn’t want to admit herself was defeated.

“I didn’t steal it. I keep it,”

“So, you should give it back to me. Please,” Yoona was not in the mood of playing throwing words to Luhan. And, the more she talked to him, the more she felt her cheeks redden like burning fire.

Luhan tried hard not to laugh. Heard her begging like that amused him so much. “I will,” Luhan said.

“You will?”

“Yes, of course.”

Yoona didn’t know that this could be so easy to ask him her things back, seeing how Luhan could be so annoying sometimes. Not sometimes, many times.

“Should we meet or something?” Luhan asked. Yoona could feel how he actually instead of really asking her.

“Ha- you wish. Send it to me.”

Both of them felt silent. But then, Luhan broke the ice and said, “Okay.”

Yoona narrowed her eyes, “Really?”

“Sure. You can text me your address later.”

Yoona was shocked to see how easy it was to ask him. It was only like that. Yoona felt quite suspicious but she just let it go because how happy she was. Maybe, he wasn’t that difficult, though.

“Okay, I will. Send my things by extremely-super-fast-service. Just, send my things soon. I need it so freaking bad.”

Luhan chuckled, “I will.”

“Okay. So now, we’re done,” Yoona was about to end the call before Luhan interrupted her.

“You really don’t want to see me again?”

Yoona felt her heart melted a little bit because she could feel how Luhan was kinda hurt by her surprising remark. Yoona was actually just saying it, she didn’t mean it at all. But, to regain her pride, she answered, “Yes. So, bye bye. Zài jiàn.”

Luhan pouted his lips while staring at his phone, “I know you lied.”

He reached all of Yoona’s things in his backpack and put them on the table. He sat, and started to check on the questions. He smiled, I forgot to tell her that I was a Chinese literature student before. And, he started to work on Yoona’s homework, happily.

***

The next morning, Yoona woke up quite early at 7 a.m. She smiled every seconds and her family members were all confused with her sudden mood swing.

“Are you really okay, Yoona?” her Mom asked her while placing her hand on Yoona’s forehead.

“Mom, I’m okay. So, is there any chocolate cake left?” Yoona ignored her Mom and opened the refrigerator. Her Mom slapped her hands right away. “It is early in the morning and you want to eat cake? You better help me to cook for breakfast, Yoona.”

Yoona pursed her lips and start wearing the apron. Yoona joined Suzy who washed some last night’s dishes. Suzy looked at her and smiling happily, “So, unnie. You can wash these dirty dishes, then.”

“And, what will you do?”

Suzy rolled her eyes, “I am going to join Dad watching TV. Bye bye and good luck!”

“Mom!” Yoona screamed as Suzy took position beside her Dad and plopped herself on the couch.

“Ya, Suzy! Help your unnie!” Her Mom screamed while putting a bowl of soup into the oven.

Suddenly, the bell rang. Suzy suddenly stood up to run away from the little chaos in the dining room. “I’ll get it!” She started running to open the door.

After a few seconds…

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!”

Mom, Dad and Yoona was shocked to hear Suzy’s scream. All of them started to run to find what was going on with Suzy. Her Dad even brought baseball stick, in case there was bad person who did something bad to Suzy.

When they reached the front door, all of them were as stunned as Suzy. Dad lost his grips on the baseball stick. Mom was literally stunned. Suzy looked like a breathing-sculpture, her face was as white as snow. Yoona was confused, pissed and shocked at the same time. Four of them stared at a living-creature who stood in front of them. He just stood there and smiled awkwardly, “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m EXO-M’s Luhan.”

***

Everyone stared at Luhan for about two minutes, and that was Luhan who broke the silence while waving his hands, “Umm, hello?”

Suzy blinked her eyes, “Is this hidden camera?”

Luhan chuckled and shook his head. Suzy still couldn’t believe what she saw, “So, this might be a dream and in three seconds I’d wake up,” Suzy closed her eyes while counting from one to three. And, then she opened her eyes to find Luhan was right on her face again. Couldn’t believe reality she faced, she screamed hard again.

The scream snapped everyone’s mind, and Mom smacked Suzy’s head lightly, “You scream once more, and everyone would come to our house.”

Suzy rubbed her head while looking at Luhan again. She was stunned once again. And, it was all silent again until Dad broke the ice again, “So… May I help you?”

Luhan looked at Yoona, “I want to meet Yoona, she’s my friend.”

Yoona stared at him in disbelief. She couldn’t find any words to describe how she felt. She was pissed because Luhan tricked her again. She felt pathetic because she was too dumb once again. And, she felt… happy to see him again.

All of the family members now changed their eyes’ positions to Yoona.

Suzy was the first one to open , “Unnie, you—“

Yoona didn’t let her younger sister to throw her questions again, and she ushered Luhan into the house, “Luhan, come in, we’re going to have breakfast. And everyone, let’s…go! Chop chop!” Yoona said awkwardly and put a fake smile on her face.

Everyone was still confused but welcomed Luhan to have breakfast with them. Luhan bowed and met Yoona’s eyes. Yoona guided Luhan into the house and whispered, “We seriously need to talk.”

Luhan smiled so brightly to irritate Yoona, “With pleasure.”

Dad nudged Suzy and whispered, “Isn’t he the person whom we saw on TV yesterday?”

Suzy rolled her eyes, “Yep, the one whom you said look like Donald Duck.”

***

All of them sat down at the dining table, eating in silent. All of them were too stunned and Luhan decided he should be the one who should break the awkward tension, “So, are you Yoona’s family?”

Suzy muttered, “Yeah, unfortunately.”

Yoona gave her death glare while Suzy stucked her tongue to Yoona. Mom answered sweetly with big smile, “Yes, we are, Luhan. And, you’re Yoona’s friend?”

Luhan smirked at Yoona, “Yes, I am.”

Yoona gave Luhan a “don’t-you-dare-to-talk-more” glare, leaving Luhan chuckled a little bit.

Dad finally opened his mouth, “So, how do you know our little Miss Yoona?”

That was the question that Yoona didn’t want to be answered. She directly stood up, “So, Luhan. You’re done, right? Okay, so now you can go home,” Yoona grabbed Luhan’s wrist but her Dad stopped her, “Ya! Im Yoona, that’s so rude. He hasn’t finished eating yet.”

Yoona gave Luhan pleading look to Luhan, “You finished eating, right? Right? Right?”

Luhan stood up and bowed to all of the family members, “I think I have. Thank you so much for the food.”

“So, bye everyone!” Before Luhan said goodbye to everyone, Yoona already pulled Luhan’s wrist to the front door.

“YA! UNNIE! I haven’t took any selca with Luhan Oppa!” Suzy screamed.

***

Luhan and Yoona were outside the house now. Luhan leaned on his red BMW car, while Yoona stood across him, crossing her hands on her chest.

“Who told you that you can come to my home like that?” Yoona was pissed.

Luhan rolled his eyes, “No one.”

“So, why you come?”

Luhan wanted to say honestly, because I miss you so badly but instead, “To just… say Hi? What’s wrong with that? And, I think your family is okay with my coming, especially your sister.”

“Just admit it, you just want to piss me off, right?”

Luhan laughed, “Maybe, a little bit.”

Yoona groaned in frustration, but then she remembered something, “Now, give my things back.”

Luhan gazed away, “I want to walk.”

“What?”

“Walk with me. I think I saw a park near here.”

“And, why should I? Why should I WALK with you?” Yoona pointed his finger to Luhan’s face.

“Why don’t you just say yes this time?”

“Why should I please you by saying yes? You .” Yoona stated the matter-of-fact.

Luhan chuckled, “Because you don’t have any other option beside that.”

Yoona rolled her eyes, “Oh yes,  the only option I could see now is just to stay away from you.”

“Option A, go walk with me. Option B, or I will not give your things back. Option C, go back to option A if you’re smart enough,”

Yoona stared at him, “I couldn’t believe you.”

“I don’t ask you to believe me. I only ask you to choose,” Luhan gave her a big grin.

“Jerk.”

Luhan laughed but then he smiled softly to Yoona, “I’m only being a jerk because of you,” he walked away, leaving Yoona who tried hard to hide her pinked cheeks.

Yoona walked fastly, trying to catch up with Luhan. He smiled, “You still can’t beat me, don’t you?”

***

They sat side to side at the bench in the park. Because it was still quite early in the morning, it was only two of them who were in the park. They sat in silence, enjoying the breeze which brought the smell of fresh grass in the park.

“I didn’t expect you to come, you know,” Yoona broke the silence.

Luhan chuckled, “I don’t think you’ll expect it, though.”

They sat in silence again. It was Luhan’s turn to open his mouth, “I still can see you, right?”

Yoona stared at him, feeling the worlds’ sincerity came to her heart, “Why?” She waited for some serious answer from Luhan.

“Pissing you off is fun,” Luhan laughed.

Yoona’s face suddenly fell, “Yeah, right.”

Luhan repeated his question again, “I still can see you, right?”

“I don’t think you will stop seeing me if I say no.”

Luhan stared at Yoona softly then gazed away to the sky, “You know me too well, Yoona.”

Both of them fell in silence again as the slow breeze slowly embraced them.

***

They walked back to Yoona’s house and Luhan went in to his car to go back to his dorm. Yoona stared at him, waiting for something. Luhan realized this, and he knew to well what was that but instead he asked, “What?”

“My things. Give it back to me.”

Luhan rolled his eyes, “I didn’t say I would bring it today.”

Yoona was too stunned to say anything. She couldn’t believe she was being tricked again.

“So, see you again,” Luhan smiled as he the engine and drove away.

That boy is seriously something, Yoona thought.

 


So, how  is it? I think I felt a lil bit fail in this story ;;

But, I hope you still can enjoy the story more than I do khkh.

So, I have this plan to make the third and final sequel but I don't know when since my school will start in few day. Just wait for it ^^

And, I'm sorry for my grammar fail, English isn't my first language ;;

Thank you for reading, and feel free to comment <3