I Chose To Love Her In Silence

Dance School Confessions

Minzy's POV

I could wake up like this everyday. Jonghyun making breakfast, Se7en-oppa driving Jjong and me to school while Daesung-oppa picks us up in the afternoon. Lunch and other breaks with Taemin and class with Dee-unnie. Dinner with the boys and Taeminnie elsewhere. This is life as I imagined.

“Good morning duckie, I made breakfast.” I hear Jonghyun as I walk lifeless again to the kitchen. 

“Good morning oppa,” almost inaudible, I answered back.

“I think you are still asleep, I think breakfast will wake you up. Go back up and I'll bring you breakfast.” I went up to my room again and he followed shortly. With confidence, Jonghyun-oppa placed my plate in front of me. “Breakfast is served. I got you cereals, banana milk and open-faced chicken pesto sandwich with cream cheese.”

“Oh oppa! You shouldn't have bothered cooking a lot. I can settle with cereals and.. WHAT?? WHAT DID YOU SAY??? CHICKEN PESTO SANDWICH WITH CREAM CHEESE????”

Jonghyun-oppa was laughing at me already, my eyes glistened at the sound of my favorite sandwich. Well actually, it was Taemin's fault why I got addicted to it. 

Jonghyun’s POV

We were still eating in her bedroom when her phone rang. She the cream cheese off her finger and picked up her phone.

“Yobeoseyo?” 

“Oh good morning to you too.”

“Yes. I already ate. You?”

“Okay, I’ll see you in school.”

“No need, Se7en-oppa will drive Jonghyun-oppa and me today.”

“Ne. Arasso.” (T: Yes. I understand.)

“Na do.” (T: Me too.)

“Annyeong.”

She was smiling really widely when she ended the call. Oh these lovebirds, they make me sick most of the time.

“I better go change and get ready for school. And so should you.” I said as I tried to tidy up our breakfast spot.

“Ne oppa. Thank you for the tasty breakfast.” She answered back with a sweet smile.

My heart felt a pang of pain as she smiled at me while I was walking towards the door. She’s really sweet and kind, such an innocent young girl. Not to mention she’s damn gorgeous. Well, okay, not really. But she’s got this appeal that I just can’t avoid. But she’s taken, she’s already in a relationship with Taemin. And I don’t know what to do. It really pains me to see the two of them together. They are not the typical couple who shows affection in public, they are much more better than that. But the mere fact that I am aware that they are together, my heart shatters every time I am reminded of it.

I bumped into my brother as I was walking absent-mindedly towards the kitchen which made me drop the tray I was holding, causing everything on it to reproduce to a bazillion bits and pieces of shattered ceramics.

“Jonghyun!” was all my brother managed to say, in his loud voice.

“Hyung! Sorry. I was too sleepy.” I bent down to pick up the shattered ceramics when I felt a cut on my middle finger. “OOOWWWWW!!!!!” I tried to in the blood coming out of the deep cut when my brother felt panic because of the blood he saw. You see my brother is all sorts of gorgeous and amazing, but he’s really afraid of blood.

I saw him turn pale, “Hyung don’t worry about me, I’m fine. This is just a small cut. I will live. Haha.”

I tried to stand up and walk towards the kitchen sink when I accidentally stepped on a bigger slab of broken ceramic.

“Oh fark. Hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuung!!!” and with that, I fainted.

It was too painful. The sting shot right to my heart and I felt like dying. I’m just like my brother, also afraid of blood. I was just trying to hold it in because I know Se7en-hyung will worry like a mother hen. But another cut? On the foot? I can’t do this anymore.

The next thing I knew, Minzy was seated at the edge of the bed, holding my hand while Se7en-hyung was seated, asleep, on the couch near us.

“Where are we?” I asked Minzy.

“Oh you’re awake now?”

I smiled back at her, still enjoying her hand holding mine.

“We brought you to the hospital. You got into an accident this morning in the kitchen, clumsy.” She told me, again flashing her sweet smile.

“How long was I out?”

“Quite a few hours. Three I think? Or four, maybe.”

According to Minzy, Se7en-hyung called Daesung-hyung to ask someone to bring her to school because hyung had to bring me to the hospital. But she insisted to stay with us and go to the hospital instead.

“Oppa! I thought you were gonna change and get ready for school? Why did you do some circus exhibition in the kitchen instead? Changing career priorities now?” She joked.

This girl is really something. I haven’t met anyone like her in the States. She’s sweet, innocent, cute and sweet. Oh did I already mention that she’s really sweet?

I answered her with a smile again. Not because I’m tired or anything, but because I don’t know what to say. I already ran out of words. Her smile keeps me sane and insane, both at the same time, if that’s even possible.

KNOCK. KNOCK.

We both looked at the door and saw Daesung-hyun and Taemin enter.

“How are you feeling?” Daesung-hyung asked.

“Better now, thank you.”

“So how deep was the cut?” Taemin asked, as if not interested in my well-being. I saw Minzy glare at him and he looked down.

“The one on the finger wasn’t really a big deal. But his cut on the foot was really deep, he needs to be on wheels until the wound closes and on crutches until the pain goes away.” Minzy answered Taemin.

Taemin kept quiet for the rest of the next few hours until Minzy and Daesung-hyung decided to head home. Daesung-hyung said Minzy needs to go back to school tomorrow and as for him, he will be back with stuff for me and Se7en-hyung, since we will be spending a couple of nights in the hospital.

“Oppa,” Minzy faced Se7en-hyung. “I will come back tomorrow afternoon after school so you can go home and rest.” I was happy with what Minzy said but I saw Taemin tighten his grip on his girlfriend’s hand.

“Thank you, little girl. I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

“Oppa, we will go now, please get a lot of rest. I'll see you tomorrow!” Minzy looked at me and smiled.

And then they left.

Why am I so unfortunate to have met her when she already have Taemin. I was a few hours late. Damn you Jonghyun, damn you for not getting to Seoul earlier. Minzy could have been yours.

I was staring at the wall, tears rolling down my cheeks, when Se7en-hyung got back from outside. I instantly wiped my tears but this caught the attention of my brother.

“Are you okay, Jjongie?”

“Yes.”

“What’s the problem?”

“Nothing, I’m just tired. I’ll sleep now. I’ll see you in the morning, hyung. Good night.” And then I faced away from him, trying to get some sleep.

For some ten minutes, it was complete silence in the room, but that was until my brother spoke again.

“I know you’re not okay, and I know you’re still awake. Living 8 years away from you doesn’t change the fact that I’m your brother, and I can feel you especially when you are in pain physically, even more so emotionally.”

“I came too late, hyung.” I answered, still facing the wall, trying to hold my tears back.

“Do you really like her?”

“Yes.” My brother really knows me too well. I need not tell him what was going on, he already knew.

“Why?”

“She’s unlike any other girl. Minzy’s special, especially in my eyes.”

“I knew from the start that Minzy could be the reason for you to stay in Seoul. I never knew this was gonna happen.”

I only looked at him.

“Your smile when you saw her that night during the party, I already saw this coming, especially because she has Taemin. But I couldn’t hold you back, you just wouldn’t stop. Breakfast every day, even in bed, waiting for her to come home, lying to her about your dance class schedules just so you two can come home together. I knew from the start that your classes end at 11AM, and hers is at 4PM. And yet you choose to stay in school just so you can wait for her.”

“How did you know about that?”

“Donghae has also become my friend. He already talked to me about you and what you’ve been doing to stay around Minzy.”

I looked outside of the window again. Se7en-hyung remained silent for the next thirty seconds or so.

“Why don’t you fight for her?” He asked again.

“She loves Taemin too much. And Taemin loves her back. I don’t want to ruin a relationship as perfect as theirs. I don’t plan to let her know about this, hyung. Please don’t tell her. Or Daesung-hyung. I choose to love her in silence. And it should remain that way until only God knows when.”

“But she should know.”

“No hyung. What she doesn’t know wouldn’t harm her, nor her relationship with Taemin. I don’t want to be the antagonist here. Loving her in silence would be the next best thing.”

“And the best thing is?” Se7en-hyung asked me intently.

“Leaving Seoul.” I answered in a soft voice, almost inaudible.

With that, we both remained silent.

“Hyung, can you book me a flight back to LA as soon as possible?”