Casamento

Casamento

The First Fight

“I can believe you did that!”

Kyuhyun stormed inside the bedroom after his wife. “What’s wrong with what I did?”

“You know that we’re just starting as a married couple, oppa!” She turned around to face him; their queen sized bed separating the newlyweds. “How could you just spend so much money on video games!”

He pouted. “It’s not that bad!”

Her eyes rolled. “I thought we were going to budget our money wisely and look what you did!”

“Sooyoungie…” His lower lip protruded even more as he cautiously took a step closer. “I’m sorry.”

“Say that again when you’ve grown up.” Sooyoung scowled at him, promptly turning away from him as she folded her arms over her chest.

Kyuhyun’s jaw dropped to the ground. That was just below the belt. “Fine, be that way.”

Sooyoung sighed as Kyuhyun left the room… only to come back five minutes later with a tub of her favourite ice cream and a better, sweeter, lip-involved apology that came with it.

 

The Night Out

Kai was content to stay outside a well-known club, leaning against his car as he waited patiently for any signs of his wife.  It was the first time that she was going to go have a night out with them after their wedding and she was understandably nervous about it. But as far as he knew about her set of friends, he was confident that she didn’t have to feel that way… up until she emerged from the club; a scowl on her face as she walked towards him.

“You said it’s not going to be bad.” Sooyoung made a face as she marched towards him. “I shouldn’t have believed you.”

A look of honest surprised crossed his face as he dropped a kiss on her cheek in greeting. “It was that bad?”

“It wasn’t that bad… almost everyone was cool with me and all the new unwritten laws that comes with being married.” She sighed. “But Heechul oppa barely talked to me the entire time.”

“Heechul hyung?” Kai repeated and much to the shock of his wife, he burst out laughing.

She shot him a pointed look. “Are you mocking me or something?”

“It’s not that…” The dark haired man sobered up enough to answer. “But you have to understand hyung also, yeobo.”

“What do you mean?” She asked.

The cold, late evening wind blew past them, prompting Kai to take off his jacket to put it around his wife’s shoulders. “Well… He’s seven years older than you, right?”

“Uh huh…” Sooyoung nodded slowly, not quite getting what he was trying to say.

“He’s not yet married.”

Realization quickly kicked in. “… Oh.”

Kai laughed, wrapping an arm around her. “Let’s go home, yeobo.”

Sooyoung laughed, leaning further in his hold as he led her to the passenger’s side of the car.

 

The Big Buy

                Sooyoung looked around wide eyed as she stood in the middle of an empty room; a room that was going to be a fully-decorated, cozy, welcoming living room. What she was in right now was a dream that – for a long time – seemed elusive to her and her husband. But it was coming true now and she was excited and worried and hopeful and nervous all at the same time. It was their first big purchase as newlyweds after all.

“There you are.” Yunho walked inside; a happy smile on his face. “Do you like it?”

“Of course I do.” She smiled back but it soon disappeared. “Oppa, can we afford this? I know we’re paying this in instalment but you’re going to be carrying the bulk of it. I’m fine with an apartment, oppa.”

 The dark haired man shook his head, taking her hand and placing a key in her palm. “This is going to be the house you’ve always dreamed of, jagiya… where our family is going to grow. I don’t mind spending and suffering for us to have that.”

Sooyoung smiled gratefully at her husband and she held on tight to the key of their new home. “How many rooms did you say this has?”

“Three.” He answered, raising a questioning eyebrow at her.

With her free hand, she took one of his and dragged him out of their soon to be living room. “C’mon, oppa. I’m going to show you how I want our nursery to look like.”

Yunho laughed, content to let his wife pull him with her.

 

The In-Laws

:Jagiya, I’m telling you as early as now… behave.”

Kris blinked innocently at his wife. “What do you mean by that?”

“Well, considering how you bawled more than I did during our daughter’s wedding, I have my reasons.” Sooyoung shot him a look as he drove to their daughter and her husband’s new home. “We’re going there to visit them for the first time after their wedding to see if everything’s going well… not for you to try and intimidate the hell out of Ho-Jun, okay?”

“Now I understand how your father felt like back then.” He grumbled under his breath as he turned the car right at the corner.

                He really didn’t have any problem whatsoever with his new son-in-law. With all honestly, Kwon Ho-Jun was a gentleman, had good manners, was very attentive to his daughter and all that. But he was a father and Yue was his only daughter so as far as Kris was concerned, he had every right to feel the way he did. Sighing, Kris parked the car as soon as they reached Ho-Jun and Yue’s new house; the tall man opting to stay in the car a little while longer while Sooyoung stepped out with her basket of fruits.

                Kris in one last sharp breath before he finally left the car, joining his wife outside the front door. Sooyoung reached for the doorbell and pressed it, hearing the sound echo inside the house. Kris shifted, wondering if he really was ready for this – to see that his daughter was – technically – no longer his little baby anymore. The door suddenly swung open, snapping him out of his thoughts, and he soon found his daughter and his son-in-law standing before them.

“Appa!” Yue shrieked, running into her father’s arms and wrapping an arm tightly around him. “I missed you!”

“I missed you too, princess.” He smiled, hugging her back.

Ho-Jun bowed ninety degrees at Sooyoung, taking the basket of fruits from her. “Good morning, omunim.”

“Good morning, Ho-Jun.” Sooyoung smiled kindly; whatever she still had to say no longer making its way out of as Yue took her hand and led her into the house, prattling about anything and everything and leaving Kris alone with her husband.

“Good morning, abunim.” Ho-Jun bowed as low as the basket of fruits would allow. “Please come in.”

“Thanks.” Kris smiled as he stepped inside, closing the front door himself. Silently, the two men followed their wives to the living room and it would’ve stayed that way if it weren’t for the huge framed picture that Kris found hanging on the wall.

                It was a larger than usual version of one of their family pictures that Kris had always loved so much. A soft smile made its way to his usually stern looking face as his eyes gazed at the smiles on his, his wife’s, his daughter’s and his sons’ faces. Ho-Jun returned by his side, realizing early on that he was walking on his own and joined his father-in-law at staring at the picture.

“Yue was going on and on about how she’ll miss you and omunim so I had this made. I hope you don’t mind, abunim.” He left it at that, turning to head to the kitchen when a hand gently gripped his shoulder.

“Thank you, son.”

 

The Question

“I propose a toast.” Suho said all of a sudden and everyone gathered fell silent. He raised his bottle of beer. “To Sooyoung noona and Baekhyun, may you have a wonderful marriage ahead of you. Cheers!”

“Cheers!” Everyone assembled clinked their drinks against each other; Baekhyun winking at his wife when she beamed at him.

“So…” Sehun said after a long swig of his drink. “Is Sooyoung noona pregnant now?”

The newlyweds nearly spat out the liquid in their mouths, both coughing violently as Chanyeol and Kai came to their rescue. “Good job, maknae.” Kyungsoo shook his head.

“What did I do?” He blinked innocently, worriedly chewing on his lower lip when Baekhyun shot him a pointed look. “I’m sorry, hyung. I’m sorry, noona.”

“It’s okay, Sehun.” Sooyoung smiled at him reassuringly once she was okay. “No worries.”

“I think what he’s trying to ask is when you two are planning to have a baby.” Chanyeol said as he returned to his seat before popping a piece of sushi in his mouth.

Kai arched an eyebrow when Baekhyun and Sooyoung merely exchanged a look. “You are planning to have kids, right…?”

Baekhyun shrugged. “We want to have a baby. If we’ll have one, it’ll happen at the right time.”

“Do you want a boy or a girl?” Kyungsoo asked; his already saucer-like eyes wide in excitement.

“It doesn’t really matter.” Sooyoung’s eyes met her husband’s and she smiled.

“Baekhyun hyung! Make sure you two have twins!” Sehun exclaimed eagerly.

Everyone else could only just facepalm themselves.

 

The Dinner Party

“Soo…”

His wife rushed past him, opening the refrigerator to take out a carton of milk.

“Sooyoung…”

Putting the milk on the counter, she checked on the egg whites inside the mixer, letting out a sigh of relief as she saw that they were still in stiff peaks.

“Choi Sooyoung…”

She ran past him again; this time putting on oven mitts as she did so. Sooyoung crouched in front of the oven, opening the door and gently taking out her tray of cupcakes before closing it.

“SUMMER CHOI-LEE!”

The tray had just been put on the cooling rack before she turned her attention to her husband. “What, oppa?”

“You look so…” Eunhyuk’s forehead scrunched up slightly as he thought of the right word. “Frazzled.”

“Of course I am, oppa!” She exclaimed, surprising him with her sudden outburst. “It’s our first time to hold a dinner party and everyone’s arriving in two hours and there’s still so much to be done and…”

“Sooyoung, relax.” Taking her hands in his once her oven mitts her off, he squeezed them reassuringly. “It’s not going to help if you keep running around like a headless chicken. Breathe and do everything systematically. Everything will turn out okay.”

Sooyoung took in a deep breath and immediately felt better. “Thanks, yeobo.”

“Do you want me to help?” He asked as he let her hands free.

“Nope.” She popped the ‘p’ as she got back to work. “I don’t want to kill our guests.”

Eunhyuk let the insult to his cooking skills slide… only because it was true.

 

The Flirt

                Jaejoong stood at the sides, silently watching the guests of Yoochun and Liyin’s party mingle, drink and eat. With all honesty, his engagement to Liyin was something that was long overdue and he was just happy to be in their engagement party. How those two high school sweethearts postponed the inevitable, he could never understand. He was just glad that everything had come to this.

“Why, hello there.”

He mentally cursed his luck, not bothering to even spare her a glance. “Uh… Hi.”

“What are you doing here all alone?” She asked.

Annoyed at home it seemed like she had no concept of personal space, Jaejoong took one obvious step to aside away from her. “I’m waiting for someone.”

“I was over there with my friends when I saw you here looking so lonely.” The dark haired man didn’t bother to even see where she was pointing at. “What is a hot guy like you doing here all alone?”

Jaejoong opened his mouth, only to clamp it shut when he felt someone else beside him.

“She’s right, jagiya. You are hot.” Sooyoung smiled so brilliantly at her husband that all his annoyance disappeared.

He arched an eyebrow, reaching a hand up to push her hair behind her ear. The other woman’s jaw went hanging. “Really?”

“Really.” She nodded earnestly.

“Well, would you like to dance with me, Mrs. Kim?” Jaejoong nodded at the dance floor.

                Sooyoung merely nodded in reply, allowing him to take her hand and intertwine their fingers as he led her to the dance floor, leaving the nameless woman in shock and embarrassment. She absently heard those who witnessed murmured amongst themselves about the other girl and could actually hear her storming away.

Sooyoung smirked.

 

The Tradition

8 June 2012: Lee Donghae and Choi Sooyoung meet for the first time Lotte World, having gone with the dating Lee Sunny and Lee Sungmin respectively

8 June 2013: Lee Donghae gets dragged by Choi Sooyoung to Lotte World just because she felt like doing so

8 June 2014: Lee Donghae realizes he loves Choi Sooyoung when jealousy provokes him in the form of a friend named Choi Siwon, the ‘third wheel’ in their now yearly Lotte World Date

8 June 2015:  Lee Donghae and Choi Sooyoung have their first date in Lotte World

8 June 2016: Lee Donghae and Choi Sooyoung go to Lotte World together for one last time before their enlistment

8 June 2017: Choi Sooyoung goes to Lotte World, holding a picture of Lee Donghae in her hands as she rides everything all by herself.

8 June 2018: Lotte World witnesses the reunion and engagement of Lee Donghae and Choi Sooyoung

8 June 2019: Lee Donghae and Choi Sooyoung go to Lotte World for the first time as a married couple.

8 June 2020: Lee Donghae and Choi Sooyoung go to Lotte World without riding the attractions. They’ve got babies to take care of.

“8 June 2021.” Sooyoung murmured softly to herself, exchanging a smile with her husband; their twins going on and on in broken Korean about how excited they were to go to Lotte World for the first time.

 

The Holiday

Changmin never cared much about Christmas

Not when he lived on his own his whole life

But if there was something true about life in general, it was the fact that it always changed.

Nothing was ever constant.

The gloomy picture his home painted every Christmas was now anything but.

His home was happy, full of light and laughter with a large, fully decorated Christmas tree standing right smack in the center of his living room.

As he stood on the tips of his toes to put the largest star atop the tree, he could barely remember the times when Christmas was so dark and lonely.

He had a wife now.

And as he successfully placed the star in place, Sooyoung smiled so radiantly at him as they began their first holiday season together

For the life of him, he knew he wouldn’t want anything else.