Chapter 17

Like A Dream

Shilla Hotel, Seoul

          Sound of a ringtone filling that empty room. Annoyed, Eunji at last grab her phone at the nightstand beside her bed and slide the screen instinctly. Her mind still at the peace dreamland of her, so she don’t even bother to open her eyes to see the caller, or even bother to say hello. But suddenly she heard a beautiful voice that bring her back to conciousness.

          “Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Eunji, happy birthday to you.....!!! Yay... happy birthday my Eunji.... Wake up princess, I know you’re still asleep...”, she heard him chukled.

          “Oppa...! It’s just 5 in the morning, for Heaven sake, can’t you let me sleep a little bit more ?”, smiled happily but still wan’t to grumbled to her dear oppa, she whined a little, but still she her eyes and sit in her bed, forgeting the will to back in to the dreamland.

          “Hmm..no..no..no”, she almost can see him sway his head along with his finger when he said that, “It’s your birthday, princess, you must wake up earlier today, it’s still so much things we must do today...” princess... Eunji rolled her eyes and chukled.

          “Oppa...please can you leave out that princess thing? You called me like that for... humm... let me count... for 21 years? It’s so childish...”, she laughed can’t believe she already know her oppa for 21 years, and let him called her that that long. It’s fine for her when he first met him at 4, or when he stayed with her when she’s in elementary, but still called her ‘princess’ when she already 25 years old? Bomi will laughed at me till death if she heard oppa called me that...

          “Na...na... I won’t. Don’t lady like a childish things?”, then she heard a bell ringing, “But I’m no lady, oppa...”, she laughed when she draged herself to open the door, wondering who is person that have a courage to disturb her in this time. 

“Tada...!!”, Yoseob said when she opened the door, still with smile that hanging in her eyes and phone in her ear. He put the cake with candle to blow in front of her face, and he’s singging her happy birthday once again. Her eyes round with shocked when she looked at him, in flesh, in front of her eyes. Then she looked at the small cake with princess animation in the corner and just a one candle in the center, she just smiling unknowingly, blissful.

“Oppa....!!”, she shout with their phone still in their ears....”Aww...Eunji-a...you will make me deaf one day”, he put his phone far away from his ear and turned it off. “Happy birthday, princess, you have to blow this candle now, or else it’ll melt and ruin your cake”, he winked.

Eunji just chukled, amused how her oppa be here this morning and gave her birthday surprise event. She clasped her hands, make a wish, and blow the candle. Then she make a surprise for him too, she kissed his cheek and whisper to him, “Thank you, oppa... I’m blessed to have you”

...

          “So... oppa... where’s my present?”, Eunji smiled and put her open palms under her chin, made a puppy face. She . “Tada....!!”, Yoseob spread his arm, “Here is your present, me...!”, Eunji just laughed to hear that. “Aigoo, oppa...so childish. But thanks anyway for the surprise and the cake...ah and the present”, she winked, “Now let me back to my dream land oke?”, she headed to her bed to sleep again.

          “Andwae...”, he pull her pajamas, “Not sleep again, princess, you must get ready, we’ll spent this day together...”

          “Oppa-ya... I’m still sleepy, last night Bomi and Chorong eonnie is here until midnight...”, she whined, “No..no...no, sleeping beauty, today is your birthday, so don’t waste it with sleeping, sleepyhead”, he drag her to the bathroom, literaly, “Get ready okay, princess, I’ll wait you here.”

          “Humph...”, reluctantly she headed to the bathroom, although in her heart she laughed at her oppa. She always like to like that, act like a child, and let him always be the older one to lead her.

          “Ah...by the way, Eunji... Do you like this room?” he said to her from her bed. He just lie down in her bed, waited for her to get prepared. They just so close so it’s not awkward for them to be sleep in each other bed, or room.

          “Huh? Mwo?”, she grumbled from bathroom, not heared so clearly about what he said. “I said are you like this room....?”, he raised his voice. “Huuh...It’s fine oppa... why?”

          “Why? Don’t you know the reason why I especially booked this room for you?”, he asked her, don’t believe that she knows nothing, “No, oppa...why?”, she said curiously. “Aigoo, pabo-ya... it’s your birthday, August, 18th, 818...”

          Ah, it’s my birthday, Eunji thought to herself, then something pass by in her mind, “Aigoo...you must be very drunk, Mr.Lee...The room is my birthday, you know... I bet you’re not...” , is this room is that room?

Then she remember what Bomi said about Hoya yesterday, that he will stay in this room every time he’s in Seoul, this particulary room, Shilla Hotel Seoul, room number 818. She perplexed to learn it, Is it mean that he always stay her because of...me?

...

“Oppa...!! Open the door please...someone ring the bells !”, Eunji said from the bathroom, she’s already finished the bath, but still have some make up in there, in a mean time Yoseob fell asleep while waited for her.

          “Oppa...!!”, she shouted louder, waking him, “Humm??”, still have some jetlag, he wake up and heard the bells, “Open it for me, please...!!”

...

Today is your birthday... but I’m too coward to even knocked your door in front of mine. I’m too scared to looked at your cold stare, I’m too scared to looked at the hatred in your eyes, even though I know I deserved it. But am I wrong to have a wish that you would eventualy come back to me again, wished that somehow I will saw your warmth and love in your eyes. So here I am, once again stand in front of your door, brave myself to stand at your door, with a bouquet of white lily, your favorite flower. And I knocked...

...

          “Hi? Who are you?”, Yoseob said to the man in front of him. He looked startled, he bring a bouquet of flower, and he didn’t like someone that would work in this place, like a room service.

          Hoya shocked to looked at the man in front of him, he doubled checked the room number, and back to face that man, “Are Hye... I mean Jung Eunji there?”

          “Eunji? Yes, she’s in the bathroom? Are you want to meet her?”, curious about this man in front of him, but still keep his manner, he smiled at him.

          Bathroom, a man, and he’s likely just wake up, are they...? Are he is her...? many thought running through his brain, the things that he always buried in his deepest mind , suspiciously he looked at that man, he’s about to asked him, who are he to his Hyerim, when her voice came closer, “Who’s that, oppa?”, she asked Yoseob, and looked at the guest.

...