The Deal's Off

The Lies We Trust In

//The Deal's Off//

 

As soon as the bike had pulled up into the courtyard, ShinRi knew she was in for an earful. SangChul had clocked the female taking her time getting of the back of her boyfriend’s transport and shot up off the metal bench. Eyes burning with irrational anger, the well-built man stormed towards the curvaceous woman strolling forwards. “Ya, Lee ShinRi!” Arms rigid by his sides in a feeble attempt to seem calm, the leader marched towards his tardy sibling.

Not bothering to spend time arguing with the man, ShinRi sung without stopping. “I still have 22 seconds until the delivery time.” The blonde said nonchalantly as she walked straight past her brother.

Huffing and gasping like a child throwing a fit, SangChul stomped his feet down in the crusted mud. “Do you kn-Ya! Don’t just-ShinRi!”

The woman being addressed dropped down on the sparse grass of the yard and pulled out the bottle of alcohol she had bought earlier. Completely disregarding the stranger she presumed to be the man here to cut a deal, she cracked the seal of the bottle and took a swig before re-fastening the lid and lying back while writhing under the heat of the midday sun.

Switching his weight from one leg to another, a man that certainly wasn’t a part of their group spoke up with a chuckle. “Seems like you have your hands full.” Looking over at the rolling female, he spared a sneer. “Girls like that bring nothing but trouble, if you ask me.”

Stopping mid-step from retrieving the oh-so-important item from his sister, SangChul glanced back over his shoulder at the rude comment. “What’s that supposed to mean?” His childlike expression dropped into a dangerous one.

Apparently checking his nails were of the utmost importance of the buyer. “Jus’ sayin’ that there are better girls to with.” He was about to glance up when he was already faced with a shock.

In the instance that the oblivious man had finished his words, Simon and Shorry had literally sprang from their places on the ground in order to restrain their long-time friend, knowing full well what was about to happen. Even with the two men holding him back, and then with the additional help of YongGuk and KaHi, SangChul still somehow had the most control over his body. Reaching out in anger, the leader caught the guest’s t-shirt and ragged him closer with a snarl. Teeth bared and grip constricting by the second, the man at least a foot taller than the idiot growled. “She’s my little sister.”


“SungGyu Hyung?~ Hyung~” A call that supposed to be cute but in fact dripped grease, rang after a certain someone. The musky corridor of the ground floor set the scene for a reunion between elementary school friends. Broken glass from a smashed window scraped under dress shoes as a young man ran for a group of three.

SungGyu looked the suited and booted man up, down and then back again. The eldest knew what kind of ‘work’ his old friend did, but he still didn’t imagine that he’d come here dressed in his job attire, especially in the middle of the afternoon. “What do you want?” Was all the oldest grumbled.

The running brunet stopped in his tracks as his mood plummeted at the poor greeting. Pouting, WooHyun blinked. “I don’t want anything. I just came to say hi.”

Eying his junior seriously, the full-faced lad made a humming noise as though he didn’t quite believe the statement. “Don’t lie.”

“Okay,” WooHyun shook his head playfully before inching in closer. “ShinRi is in he courtyard.” He nudged his elder. “Looking good in that tight vest too.” He gave the usual wink that made females melt. Too bad it didn’t work on his senior.

Stuffing his hands in his jean pockets, the man’s eyes met the floor. “What about it?” SungGyu coughed back his uneasiness.

Sighing, the dark haired man stomped his foot. “You like her, go and talk to her.”

Nearly having an aneurysm, SungGyu flailed outwards for the ‘night crawlers’ crisp white shirt. Clasping the collar while being held back by his other two juniors, the usually quiet man shook his friend with violent force. “Like I can do that! Don’t just tell me to do stuff you’d do, idiot.”

Holding his hands up in defence while keeping his wide grin, WooHyun nodded knowingly. “Hold on, Hyung. I have a plan. I can introduce you as one of my friends.”

“Ya.” The three four men froze at the interrupting tone and turned to acknowledge it. It wasn’t a harsh voice, but you could tell she wasn’t a sweetheart either.

A set of heavily made up eyes narrowed into slits and shot to their left, towards the group of men. It was Bang KyungNae; ShinRi’s right hand woman and best friend - An enforcer of cruel tasks and the eyes and ears for the woman at the top while she wasn’t allowed to ‘play out’.

A shocking cherry red, mane caused her stand out more than she already did with her height, extensive ink-work, and attitude alone. Her cropped leather jacked displayed the groups logo over her full chest and jumped as she coughed a laugh while she cocked her head to the side lazily. “You think she cares about limpdicks like you lot when you‘re trying to come up with ‘plans‘ to get her attention?”

Wide eyed, WooHyun slipped out of his senior’s grip and shimmied for the woman propped against the peeling wall some feet away. “What are you doing back?”

Wiggling a lollipop from one corner of to another, KyungNae crossed her arms under her chest. “Ehh~ Don’t make it sound like I was in prison. It’s not polite.” She pushed herself off the structure and advanced for the group. “Besides, I hear there’s something better to talk about.” Displaying a dark smirk, she lowered her head in a condescending manner.

The trio snuck sly glances at each other and coughed uneasily. She always had a way with extracting information out of people and they didn‘t feel like being the subjects of interrogation at this moment in time.

Inspecting the three men avoiding eye contact, KyungNae grinned. “I hear that someone is interested in our ShinRi?” Her eyes moved along lazily from one guy to the next until they landed on the oldest, as if she was waiting for a direct confession.

Rushing out at the realisation, WooHyun waved his arms wildly. “KyungNae, don’t say anything.” He begged and gestured a praying motion.

Stepping back unhappily, the busty redhead crunched into her lollipop. “Is that any way to ask for a favour?” She glared down on the worrisome four.

Again, WooHyun took one for his friend and threw away his pride. “Please, KyungNae Nim. You know what would happen if everyone found out.”

Anyone would know what would happen if such a thing got out. It would result in the same thing as always whenever some guy tried to make a move on ShinRi. They’d get a warning shocking enough to piss your pants off SangChul, and then a beat down from YongGuk so bad that you’d have to move into another district because of panic attacks and shame.

“That’s better.” She grabbed the speaker by the chin and shook it carelessly before walking off down the corridor in the opposite way from which they had came. “Your secret’s safe with me, but….” She paused and looked over her should with an unreadable expression. “….Personally, I think you should tell her.” With a cackle, KyungNae strode off towards her next destination.

Once the woman was some yards away, the conversation between the men continued. Although, the mood had changed somewhat for a darker one. SungGyu shivered. “She scares me.” He looked to the others for consolation.

“Me too.” WooHyun nodded absentmindedly, his eyes still fixed on where the redhead’s full hips in hotpants swayed down the corridor. “But in a hot kinda way.”

The third member prodded the air in front of the group in overreaction. “Do you think she was accepted because of how bat crazy she is?”

“I can hear you, ya know?” KyungNae’s voice echoed down the hallway. Even though they couldn’t see her, the men hunched at the sharp call, hoping she wouldn’t come back to dish out punishments.


Pulse racing and breath hitched, SangChul finally stepped back away from the body sprawled on the floor that was spilling out blood and wheezing. Sanguine liquid dripped from the fist that hung by his side while the body writhed. “The deal’s off.” The leader scoffed and turned his back. “Tell your boss that he should teach his dogs some manners if he wants to make this work.”

Uneven gravel crunched under a set of heeled sandals as the body they belonged to strut towards the scene. “Oppa.” KyungNae called out, disregarding the brutal scene as though it was nothing. SangChul’s attention shot to the caller: a tall, Junoesque woman a year younger than his sister, wearing a white racer jacket and matching cut-off denim shorts. Holding a wad of papers in her right hand while her left held a cigarette, KyungNae advanced for the leader confidently. “I have what you asked for.” She let the papers at least two inches thick thud into the out-held shovel of a hand.

“Hm.” The leader nodded at the wad and then looked to the female with a gentle smile. “Good work, Nae.” He patted her head and shuffled to the right a few paces as he skimmed over the documents.

Knowing she had completed her task and their leader was happy with her work, KyungNae skipped over to small group lulling around, passing a stranger being carried out on her way. Crouching down, she held out her lighter ready to light the loose white stick hanging from ShinRi’s mouth.

“Need a light?” Pushing the brazen hair back off her face, the newly returned woman smirked.

 

 



Posted: 12th September 2012 - 00:39
Updated: 24th April 2018 - 19:20

Bang KyungNae is an O.C belonging to Lee - p3acexl0vexsuju