With All My Love

With All My Love

Minho hung his head in despair and his hands trembled as he held a faded piece of paper.. He knew what this was, there was no mistaking it. The military officer bid him goodnight with the solemn phrase, “My condolences. I’m sorry for your loss,” and left him. He slowly shut the door and unfolded the paper with shaking hands.

Inside he found a folded picture, dirty and faded with washed out spots. There was no doubt in his mind that this was found in his pocket. Jinki's pocket.. Jinki..

Minho struggled to keep the tears at bay as he gazed at the elder's face. Forever frozen in time. He took a shuddering breath and looked on the piece of paper, also faded and worn. 

A letter.. addressed to me.

But no stamp, no envelope. This letter never made it's way to the post office. Never left the writer's posession. Key called from the other room, asking who had visited, but Minho stayed silent as he began to read with a heavy heart. Soon, tears began to fall and hit the final words of his lost lover.

                Dearest Minho,

I’ll be coming home soon! Isn’t that great? I’ve been missing you so much, I can barely stand it. Your big doe-like eyes and your laugh… that’s what keeps me going, you are worth it all. I’m sorry, I know this past year has been hard for you guys and I hate causing you pain… I’m looking at that picture we took in New York in March. Key and Jonghyun look ridiculous in those matching shirts, kind of like a couple! Taeminnie’s adorable as ever but I still don’t get his weird taste in shirts..  Ha ha I can’t stop looking at it! You though..Your confidence just explodes in this picture, it’s so distracting, but in a good way; In a y kind of way! ;) haha! I miss running my fingers through that hair of yours, it’s probably gotten longer, hasn’t it? … I hate that you aren’t here with me… It’s kind of lonesome without you but I’ll be coming home soon in a couple weeks so it’ll be worth it, right? The war is basically over too so I won’t have to come back to this hell hole. Thank God, I’m not strong enough to stay here any longer without you. Once I get back I’m going to hold you and I’m never letting go. I’m serious. On my way back, I’m buying gorilla glue ha ha! I’ll have a froggie forever in my arms! All jokes aside, be ready for a three hour long hug. I’m sorry about the short letter but I have to go soon. We have one more scouting mission with the guys to make sure a village is secure before we leave.

I love you, Minho, and I never feel whole without you here so wait for me.

               

                                With all my love,

                                                Jinki

 

And with that last sentence, Minho broke down, unable to keep in the pain and sorrow he felt for his lost love. He fell to the floor – trembling – whispering his lover’s name as Kibum ran to him from the other room, gently shaking him, asking him useless questions.  Minho didn’t care to listen to him or the others as they crowded around him, wanting to know what has caused strong, silent Minho so much pain. But they didn’t understand his sorrow –they couldn’t; they would never understand that his whole world… has gone dark; never to return to the light.