A tale of a sleeping beauty, turning into a living !

Sleeping Beauty... Or not!

Hongki’s POV

As I walked through the crowded bus, I tried to avoid eye contact. I felt like a fool for taking the bus, but I liked it. I loved to sit there, looking through the window, listen to music and dream away for a moment. It was a great way to let go of the stress surrounding me everyday.

Anyway, this particular day, that feeling was far, far away. Almost every seat was taken and you couldn’t see through the window, because it was just a blur of the rain streaming down. As I looked for a free seat, my eyes scanned the first part of the bus.

Just my luck… not a single seat free?

My eyes continued to wander, looking for seats in the back.

Yay! A seat by the window free! Hm... If I hurry, I might get it before someone else’s found it!

I hurried down the aisle. The seat’s getting closer, I’ve almost reached it! Soon… just a few steps… Just 2 lines left… Wait, what’s that!? *mental jaw drop*

Something caught my eye. Driven by my curiosity, I stopped in a motion and turned my head left.

I managed to not let my jaw drop, but it was close. On the seat to my left, a girl sat. She had the hood of her jacket pulled up and sat with her head dropped down.

The blonde streaks of her hair sprawled out of her hood, and together with her light skin and pink lips you could clearly tell that she was a alien… ehm… foreigner!

Wooh… I’ve never seen a western girl before… This is so cool!

I sat down beside her. I had already forgotten about the place 2 seats behind me. As I watched her, she suddenly moved a little and let out a light sigh.

Ah~!! She’s sleeping.

I watched her with a cheesy smile. Her eyelids flickered a bit, and her breath was heavy. She must be sleeping quite hard. I put my cheek in my hands and just sat there, looking at her with astonishingly eyes. Luckily most of the people started to get of, but the ones that still were left gave me looks as if they thought I was an idiot. Well… I guess it clearly had looked that way. But you know, it’s fully normal to be staring at a complete stranger sleeping on the bus… 5 inches from her face.

Okay! Maybe not! But she amazes me, what else can I say? It’s love at first sight. Once she wake up and see me, she will giggle and blush. I will take her light hand in mine, look into her eyes, and promise to love her for all eternity. And we will ride into the sunset together, on a white courser… ehm… bus?

I watched her as she slept. My smile widened when she huddled herself up, and when her lips cracked a vague smile. In the sleep she whispered something as well, but I couldn’t clear out what she said. It was too loud in the bus

and she probably speak her own language while sleeping… or maybe she talks Korean? It’s amazing with bilingual people.

Wait, what if she don’t talk Korean?! Oh man, that would make some things in out relationship weird. Hm… Best would be to figure out if she talks Korean or not, before I propose… It would be a little awkward otherwise.   

Suddenly a ringtone was heard and my daydreams got interrupted. I didn’t recognize it, but could locate the call coming for the sleeping girl. Well… not her of course! But from her phone… I think. It would be weird for a sleeping girl to be ringing, an awaken as well… but especially a sleeping!

As my thoughts wandered of to stuffs that didn’t even make sense to myself, I poked a little on the girl.

Hm… no reaction…

I poked a little more, using only my index finger...

What the…

With an intently expression and using both of my index fingers I now fully attacked her arm with pokes! Buuut… no reaction…

Omg! what are you? Sleeping beauty? I watched her, pouting.

Well... if you’re planning to sleep for a hundred years, you’d probably miss your calls anyway…

I shrugged and started to dig in her jacket after the phone. After I’ve gone through all of her pockets, I finally saw it.

“Oh, it’s been in her hand all the time?.. That’s why I couldn’t find it!”

I carefully took it from her and started to press random buttons.  

Maybe here… Oh… no! Not loudspeaker phone! Off… I said off! That’s right… Hm… What’s callback? No wait, the person have already hanged up. Problem solved!

“Uuuaggh… Hmmpf… Gooooaaaah!”

My heart stopped when I heard sound from the sleeping beauty. Wow, I never thought something so beautiful could sound so… loud!

I held the phone as some sort of shield, and looked at her with suspicious eyes. She now started to move.

Aigoo… She’s waking up…

Clumsy she rubbed her eyes

Aww... How cute!

Yawning she’s stretching her body.

I’m so excite!

When she opens her eyes, my whole world stops.

Those eyes… Those icy blue eyes, I’ve never seen something like that in my entire life! They’re so beautiful, so clear. So… Mechanic… No, wait, Mechanic? I mean angelic!

“Why did wake me up?”

Her voice was like music in my ears… Just, the wrong tune!

“I-I... ph-phone… call… sleep?” I tried to explain… But the euphoric happiness inside my slowly died. Why did she sound so… y?

“Okay… Can I please have my phone back!” She grabbed it from me. “And stop looking at me like that… It’s creeping me out!”

She looked at me with a skeptical expression. Her before so sweet and innocent smile is gone.

But I… How did… My… What?!

She rolled her eyes at me, then plugged her earphones in and turned her face towards the window. Totally ignoring me!

Pouting and with a sad expression I look down on my hand. The hand that held her phone just a few seconds ago.

Sleeping beauty, where did you go?

 

 

--------

 

Haha! So... My first thought about this story was that it actually should be a romance and drama.. But when I started to write, it became more of a comedy.. And it was actually my dear friend ClownTerror that made me post it here.. So blame her if it's bad >.> ;D

I think it'll be a little more serious later on, and Hongki won't be so.. stalkerish..

Anyway.. read, laugh, comment and subscribe! <3