RAIN

Rain

 

 You awaken in the middle of the night to the crashing of the thunder and lightning outside your window. You try to roll over and fall back to sleep, that is when you notice he is missing. Knowing you wont be able to sleep with out knowing where he want you crawl out of bed and put on your slippers and robe. You wander through the house looking for him, first checking the office to see if he tried to fit in some late night gaming but the computer is off. You head down the stairs and check the main floor and garage. Still no sight of him. You are starting to get a little worried so you grab your cell phone and call his. Within a couple seconds, you hear his ringtone coming from his jacket in the hall. Frazzled, you head up the stairs cursing him under your breath for leaving the house with out his phone or jacket. As you pause at the top of the stairs to catch your breath, you notice a light coming from the spare room. As you walk towards it, you hear music coming from the room. You pause the slowly turn the nob and peer into the room. When the door opens, you see your boyfriend sitting in the middle of the floor surrounded by pieces of wood and screws. In his hand, he holds a booklet of papers and in the other a screwdriver. He has the biggest confused look in his face as he scans the paper and looks at the wood.

“Babe,” you call to him softy, “what are you doing?”

“I was trying to make you a surprise.” He says sheepishly.
“Well this is certainly a surprise. What is it?” you ask him.

“I went back to the baby store and bought the crib you liked. Now I’m trying to put it together.” He rubs the back of his neck. “But I can’t figure it out, and I’ve been here for an hour.” You giggle and move to sit in the rocking chair.

“Come give me the instructions, I’ll help you out.”

“Babe why don’t you go back to bed, I’ll figure it out eventually.” You shake your head no and simply say

“It’s raining.” He nods in understanding and hands you the instructions. One of the advantages of being with Kyuhuyn for this long is he knows you. He knows your strengths and weaknesses, your hopes and desires, and your dreams and fears. The rain is your biggest fear, having to raise yourself most of your life because of absent parents and an uncaring nanny, thunderstorms have always been tough for you. The first time you experienced a storm with Kyu you cried in his arms until it stopped raining. You were completely shocked when he called asking for another date.

Since then you two have slowly been learning each other’s moods and habits. He has been helping you over come your fear of thunder and you have helped him grow and become a more mature adult. The two of you had recently decided to add the final physical aspect to your relationship. Now nine months later you are five months pregnant with his children. You think about the past as you prepare the crib, and how far the both of you have come since you met. You hand him the last screw, he screw it in and turns the crib upright. The tries the gate to make sure it works.

“There babe, all done.” he says. You smile at him and slowly get your feet. You walk over to him and hug him as well as you can. You rest your head against his shoulder.

“You did a wonderful job babe.” you complement. He softly kisses your forehead.

“Let’s go back to bed babe,” he says and you nod in agreement. You follow him back to bed and hold him as close as you can. As you fall asleep in his arms, you dream of the years ahead.  Years full of love, laughter, and the children you created, and even the occasional thunder storm.

 

 

FIN