LAST MEMORIES

POINTLESS

"Smile for me, as if its your first time trying it. Hold my hand, as if you've never touched it. Say my name like its a magic word for you."

 

 

I smiled, looking at her pale white face, sitting beside the hospital bed. It was just another day of asking random questions and talking non-sense things, like what we usually do.

 

DEMENTIA.

 

Its the twenty fifth day, but still, everythings the same. She always ask my name everytime we stare. Depressing as it is, I can't do anything but made her remember everything, everything about us.

 

I know one day, everything will be erased inside her mind, but not in her heart. Thats why i'm making the most out of it every moment. Making her feel the real happiness, that one day, she'll eventually forget.

 

But a certain moment makes me forget all of my worries for the meantime. I found her smiling, her smile reaching her eyes. Though her lips run dry, it doesn't fail to make an uplifting curve on her face. I beamed, rushing to her as if I haven't seen her for a long time, quickly enveloping her inside my arms.

 

"I love you, Jessica.." she said, wrapping her arms around my waist.

 

 

BLISS. JOY. EXCITEMENT. HAPPINESS.

 

"I love you too, Tiffany.." I said, being able to express myself with 4 words that my mouth blurted out, since I've been drowning with mixed emotions, unable to collect myself properly.

 

She giggles.

 

A melodic like tune that is ringing right before my ears. From her. By her.

 

This is a good sign. Reciting my name out of the blue. She can make it, she's strong.

 

Another day came in a flash, not letting me extend my moment with her. Realizing that I finished all of my work, still having that extra dozens of energy because of her. I found myself trailing back to a familiar path to a certain beige colored room, expecting a lot of good happenings at that very moment.

 

But to my surprise, her condition just got worse, now, she's just lying lifelessly on the white bed, brown orbs staring at the bright noon sky, with her dry lips and much paler face, I trudge slowly to her, getting more worried now.

 

What happened? She shows the opposite attitude yesterday! I----

 

"."

 

I turned my face to the owner and source of the voice, my shoulders dropped down as I see her doctor. Confirming my thoughts. With a pat of sympathy on my shoulder, he quickly went up to update her condition.

 

I sat beside her, tears threatening to fall, taking a deep breath and courage, I finally faced her, taking a hold of her hand.

 

"I hope we made it, before we forget our last memories."

 

(Dementia: is a serious loss of global cognitive ability in a previously unimpaired person, beyond what might be expected from normal aging. It may be static, the result of a unique global brain injury, or progressive, resulting in long-term decline due to damage or disease in the body.

 

p.s. not using their real age :D)

 

---------------------

 

 

im back err.. not yet :D its lame i know ._____. comment on what you think about this ^^