The Present & The Past

If Its Love = Infinite

First chapter! *drum rolls*
Hehe, hope you readers will like it :D

=========================================================

My heart raced as I stood in front of the building. This is it. This is really really it. Today is the day that I am officially starting a new chapter of my life as a trainee of Woolim Entertainment. I looked up at the clear blue sky, to watch the final gray cloud disappear, revealing the blinding sun. A warm sensation of heat washed through my body, clearing out any negative energy. I smiled to myself. To be able to be a trainee is like a dream come true to me, because I had always wanted to be a singer, to be able to be on the stage and perform.

However...the other reason I wanted to be in the entertainment industry, is because of him.

Him, my first love.

===Flashback===

It was back in high school when I knew him. He had always love singing and dancing, that’s why we have the same dream, to become a singer.

“Mi Ji !”

I was in my classroom doing my homework when I heard him calling my name. I looked up and saw him running towards me, holding a letter in his hand.

“Doo Joon oppa?” I got up from my seat, looking at him as he tries to catch his breath from running. He then handed me the letter.

“I got it!” he said excitedly, his smile as bright as the sun. “ I got accepted to be a trainee!”

I read the letter and there it was, a congratulatory letter from the company he auditioned in saying he was accepted to be a trainee.

“Omo ! Oppa ! That’s great!” I exclaimed, feeling happy for the great news.

He smiled again and hugged me tight. “ Mi ji-ah.. I cant believe it... my dream came true.” He then pulled away slightly and look at me, “I am going to be in a group called ‘Beast’. Being a trainee is going to be hard, but I’m ready for it!” he said determinedly.

I giggled and tapped his nose lightly. “ I know you will, but oppa, don’t forget me when you get famous araso?” I said with a pout.

Doojoon chuckled and pecked my forehead. “Pabo, how could I forget you?” He leaned closer to give me a soft peck on my lips. “I’ll never forget you, no matter what.”

***

Like every love story, as time passes by, we started to have more arguments. He doesn’t have the time as he was always busy with his training and school. As much as I tried to understand his situation, I started to feel lonely.

“Oppa?” I called out his name on the phone. I was at his apartment, arranging the cutlery and placing the food neatly on the table, as it was our anniversary. I smiled at the decoration, feeling proud of myself.

“Yeah?” He answered, up beat songs can be heard from the other end. He must be in the studio practicing his dance, I thought to myself.

“What time will you be back? I prepared –”

“Mi Ji?” he interrupted, “ I have to go, practice. I’ll talk to you later okay?”

“But oppa I-” before I managed to finish my sentence, he hanged up the phone.

I let out a sigh. He is always so busy..

“Aahh! Andwae! Its suppose to be a happy day today, I shouldn’t let this ruin my mood.” I said to myself and continued to decorate the place.

****

Time passes and its almost 1am. I stare at the food that is now cold and untouched. Where is he? I thought to myself. Don’t he remember that its our anniversary today?

It was then I heard someone unlocked the front door. I quickly got up and went to it. “Oppa you’re back!” I smiled brightly, trying to hide my disappointment.

“You’re still here?” DooJoon asked while walking towards the living room. He stopped when he saw the food on the table. “Wow, whats with all this?” he looked at the decorations.

I felt a stab in the heart. “ You don’t know..what day it is today..?” I said quietly.

“My birthday?” he answered, “Wait..my birthday is still a few months away.” He said again.

“....” I felt my heart sunk. Quietly, I walked towards the table and take all the food before throwing them all into the trash bin.

“!!” DooJoon was startled at my actions. “Yah, waeyo??”

“Its our anniversary.” I replied, trying to fight the tears that threaten to fall.

“...It is?” He sighed under his breath and walked up to me, “I’m sorry, its just..you know, I’m close to debut, this is a very important time for me.”

“This is important for me too..” I said quietly and went to the table and clean away all the decorations.

He let out another sigh and messes his hair in frustration. “ Do you know how hard it is to be a trainee? We have to wake up early everyday and we always get back home after midnight. Practice after practice. You wont know, because you’re not a trainee.”

“ You know what,” he continued, “if you cant understand the situation now, I think...” he take a deep breath, “I think we should break up.”

I looked up at him as I heard that last sentence. My fingers froze and I stopped in track.

“Break-up..?” I chocked out that two words.

He gave me a look which I knew by now meaning that he was serious. Gulping hard, I tried to control my emotion, unwilling to cry.

“Why..?” I ran my eyes away from him, could not bear to look at his expression.

“I’ve been wanting to tell you this but I just didn’t have the chance.”

My heart bled at his words.

“The distance between us, its getting further. You are already acting this way before I debut. What will happen after I debuted?” he said again.

I shut my eyes tightly. DooJoon was always a heartthrob at school. He has the looks, the voice, the personality. And now him who is on his way to be a singer, what am I ? I am nothing but a burden to him.

A burden.

I opened my eyes and take a deep breath before I nodded slowly.

“Araso.” I choked out, holding my tears in desperately.

“Mi Ji-ah..” his voice softens but I quickly went to get my bag that was on his sofa and walked towards the door.

“Its okay oppa. You are right, I am now nothing but a burden to you.” I said and before he managed to reply, I exited the apartment and ran back home as fast as my legs could bring me.

I used my key to unlock the door and dragged myself back to my room. I threw my bag on the floor and flung myself to the bed, crying.

Why? After everything we’ve been through, what else could I do?
I’m just a burden, we’re both in a different world. He’s going to be a singer while I’m just a normal person.

...unless.

Unless I’m a trainee too.

I shot up from my bed at that thought. If I were to be a trainee, there wont be any distance between us anymore.

===End of Flashback===

Then the next few months I went for auditions in a few companies, including DooJoon’s company. Unfortunately the results wasn’t so good. I was about to gave up till I receive the letter from Woolim Entertainment telling me that I was accepted to be a trainee.

And here I am now, finally.

I take another deep breath before stepping into the company.

This is it, the first chapter of my new life.

==============================================================

Comments pls? :D
Thank you <3