Painful Past

Second Chance At Forever

 

 

Dara was surprised by the sudden visit of Jiyong's parents.

 

"I'm sorry for coming here unannounced." his Dad said.

 

She smiled. "Abeoji, that's totally fine. How did you know where I lived?" she last saw them when she and Jiyong separated a year ago but her respect for them still there.

 

"We asked Bom." his Mom said. She is referring to her cousin who just got married to Jiyong's friend. "At first, she was hesitated but Jiyong involved in a road accident last week so she eventually told us where you are."

 

It must be the reason why he didn't come yesterday at her attorney's office. But still, she can't help to be worried about him. Damn. "How is he?" she asked with a normal tone. 

 

"He is fine. He was back on his house already. It's just that he suffered a temporary memory loss. The doctor said that he will eventually remember everything but he needs your help."

 

She bows her head. "Eomeoni, I'm sorry. I can't do that."  

 

"Dara, I know how he is such a bastard towards you but you are the only one who he remembered." his Dad said.

 

She stopped and lifted her head. "What?" she inhale deeply "But the Doctor said that he will eventually remember everything right? So, I can't understand why he needs me."

 

"He keeps on looking for you and asking about a lot of things about you but the doctor said that we must not tell everything directly to him about his past because it could only be worsen his situation." his Mom said. She was stunned. "Dara, please."

 

She sighs. "Please give me some time to think about it." 

 

They smiled gently at her. "Thank you."

 

After Jiyong's parents leave her, her painful past with Jiyong suddenly filled her mind. She met him four years ago through her cousin, Bom because her husband, SeungHyun is Jiyong's best buddy. 

 

It was love at first sight. But the problem was Jiyong has a girlfriend that time. When she decided to forget about her feelings for him, she found out that he was dumped by his girlfriend because she fell for another man. And she became his companion during his heartache days. He was really deeply hurt from what happened so it took months before he stop drinking, clubbing etc. In short, he did rebellious things. When he somehow feels fine, she confessed to him and she was rejected. She knew that it's going to happen but she didn't lose hope. She made a desperate move; she set him up so they can get married. As a result, he became an during their marriage. He didn't hurt her physically but emotionally, she was badly beaten. After a year, she suddenly felt tired in loving him. So, she move out from his house and never show herself to him. Only Bom knows where she is. They just met again a month ago because of Bom and SeungHyun's marriage. They talked but not that much because she deliberately avoiding him. Then she suddenly realized that they are still married so she went at a law office to inquire how to file for a divorce. It's just easy if they both agreed to the divorce. She thinks that Jiyong has no reason to disagree, after all, for him; being married to her is like living at hell. Every time she remembers that, the pain is always there because her love for him never fades but she needs to move on. So she asked her attorney to send an invitation to him to talk about their divorce. 

 

But an accident happened and now, his parents asking her help in recovering his memories. She sighs. Why is this happening? She really wanted to move on and have a peaceful life. If only she could turn back time.