Red Roses

SenSei

 

 

“I’m going home” said Yuki-sensei.

“I’ll go with you, let’s call a taxi” Jun was determined.

“No need, I’ll ride the train.”

“It’s dangerous- I mean I want to be with you but I don’t ride in trains”

Never in your life? Why?” Yuki was confused.

My mother banned me because when I was in grade school I and my friends teased a high school girl. She got mad then pushed me. I got wound because of that incident.”

It seems that your mother was really protective. But I won’t change my mind. Jun go home.”

Okay, but give me your number.” Jun got his phone.

Yuki took it and type her number. “What am I doing? Am I in my mind to be with my student?”

 

That night Jun didn’t stop sending Yuki messages.

 

I already miss you.

 

What are you doing now, please reply.

 

Let’s see tomorrow.

 

You’re my Juliet.

 

I love you, Mao.

 

Yuki didn’t respond in any of his messages except the last one.

 

“I’m not giving you permission to call me in my first name. Go to bed and SLEEP.” 

 

***

A red rose is an unmistakable expression of love. It conveys deep emotions A deep red rose can be used to convey heartfelt regret and sorrow. The number of red roses has special romantic meanings associated with them. 12 red roses is the most popular of all which conveys "Be mine" and "I love you"

 

            “Be mine and I love you” repeated Nanako as she read an article from the flower expert. She was teasing Yuki after seeing a dozen of red roses in her table. “Do you have any idea who brought these flowers?” asked Nanako, smelling the flowers.

            Yuki was so embarrassed. The entire faculty members were talking about her. She didn’t like that.

            She took the roses and went outside. “I need to warn that idiot!” she said looking for Jun. “Where’s Matsumoto?” she shouted. She can’t find him anywhere-even in their classroom.

            “He’s absent” answered Mirai.

            “He’ll be absent for two days” added Hiroki. “I heard he’ll attend culinary workshop”

            “What, Jun is interested in cooking?” Yuki realized that there were a lot of things she didn’t know about Jun Matsumoto. He was a mystery. His absence, plus the presence of the red roses bothered her the whole time. 

 

            “Let’s eat!” said Nanako. It was their lunch break. They usually eat bentou together. But this time Yuki made an excuse.

            “Actually I’m on a diet and I’m not hungry, I guess I’ll stay here”

            “Are you sure?” asked Nanako. Yuki nodded. “Okay, I’ll see you later.

 

            It was a lie that she’s on a diet but she didn’t have appetite to eat. Yuki stayed alone in the faculty checking her phone. No new message. She suddenly saw her self dialing a number.

“It’s ringing” said Yuki. Doki Doki Doki Doki! It was her heartbeat. She felt really nervous.

            It took so long before somebody answered the phone.

           

            “Sensei?” It was Jun. “I’m busy right now but I’m glad, I hear you voice. You don’t know how much I wanted to call you. I haven’t seen you for 17 hours. You miss me too, right?”

            “No! Of course not!” answered Yuki defensively.

            “Don’t deny it. You won’t call me if not”

            “I just want to ask you about the roses”

            “What roses?”

            “Stop kidding me. I’m talking about the roses you put in my table.”

            “Roses? In your table?” It seemed that Jun has no idea.

 

            “Yes, the red roses I receive this morning!” exclaimed Yuki.

            “I didn’t come in school, how can I give you flowers?”

            That was the time Yuki realized it. “Then where they did come from?” asked Yuki as she looked the flowers. “I knew it… I have a secret ADMIRER!” Yuki was so happy.

            “BAKA!” said Jun, stopping Yuki from her daydream. “I bought those flowers for you!-I asked Mirai to put it in your table” confessed Jun.   

             “Then I’m right, you’re the culprit”

           “What do you mean by that?” asked Jun. “Don’t you like receiving flowers; I thought you would love it, If not you can throw them.”

 

“Let’s make a sign” said Mao, the high school Yuki-sensei. “I’ll be sure that he is the right guy if he gives me red roses—Shun and Yuta my two past boyfriends didn’t gave even a single rose-so it became clear that they weren’t for me.”

 

“Don’t worry; we can trust Mirai and Hiroki” said Jun thinking Yuki’s fear about being reveal. “They are my friends since elementary and they like you.”

 

“Arigatou!” said Yuki shortly, with soft voice “I mean I like the flowers so thank you.” She changed her voice to harsh one.

 

“Glad to hear that, I love you!” said Jun.

Doki doki-doki doki, there was another fast heartbeat from Yuki.

 

“By the way, have you eaten your bentou?’ asked Jun.

 

“No.”

“Why? You have a tough life being a teacher. Have energy, eat your lunch now” Jun commanded.

“Okay, I’ll do it later. You too, eat your lunch”

*

“No! A big NO!” exclaimed Yuki.  “Why am I always kind to him? Once he returns from his workshop, I’ll be different” said Yuki while taking a bath. She has a nice bathroom. “If only I have other admirer, I guess Jun will give up on me.” A brilliant idea came on her mind. “That’s right! I’m going to have other admirer that will beat Matsumoto Jun.”