Four

The Last Gift

The next day was the worst. I wanted to stay but they won’t let me stay. Because I wasn’t that injured and Jonghyun’s casted arm was feeling better now, the company decided to discharge both of us.

 

Kibum would be staying because his condition wasn’t still that good. He can’t still move properly. The doctor said he needs a month or two to recover fully. Next week he would go home to rest. He can still perform again. But I don’t care about those things right now.

 

All I wanted is to stay for Jihyo. I wanted to see her wake up and I wanted her to see me when she wakes up. I know she would wake up. I know she would because she’s a fighter. But I really hate this situation now. Why won’t they just allow me to stay beside her??

 

“I’ll stay here. That’s final. Just tell the reporters I stayed a while for Kibum.” I told them.

 

I’m going to stay here no matter what. I don’t care if they’re going to force me out here. I would do anything to stay here; to stay beside her.

 

“Are you out of your mind hyung? You’re going to use Kibum for your own sake? I want to understand you hyung, but I can’t. I just hate you now!” Jonghyun angrily told me.

 

He grabbed my shirt angrily and pushed me on the wall. He was about punched me but Minho prevented him from doing so. Taemin started crying again. He’s becoming a little cry baby. He ran away and the two followed him. I entered Kibum’s room half-heartedly.

 

“I’ll ask them to let you stay.” Kibum spoke softly to me.

 

I looked at him. He was still in pain as he tried to speak. I’m glad he understands me somehow. It was strange yet it hurts a lot seeing him like that. But still he’s lucky to be here, alive. I’m thankful that he’s now on the state of recovery but my heart can’t be that happy about it. Tears started falling down my face again as I went to him.

 

“I’m sorry Kibum.” I told him and held his hand tightly.

 

He nodded and tried tapping my arm but he failed. I know he wanted to nag at me right now but he just can’t. The doctor told him not to speak too much and stress himself.

 

Minjae hyung came after calling our new vehicle. Kibum tried to talk to him but he failed to convince him. We left when his mother came back. I was so angry and disappointed with myself. Why can’t I do just this simple thing for Jihyo? I felt so useless and so empty at the same time.

 

We reached our dorm safe and sound though reporters were all over the place. They want to know about what happened. They also want to confirm the rumors about me and Jihyo. But it doesn’t matter for me if they would know about us. I would be with her and no one could stop me from doing that.

 

No one dared talking when we came inside the dorm. They all just looked at me. I guess they wanted to understand how I’m feeling, but they couldn’t no matter what. I ignored them and rushed to my room not wanting to do anything but lie down on my bed. I started to felt numb.

 

Taemin followed me but I ignored him again. He lied down beside me and hugged me tightly. I still feel emptiness inside. I remembered when Jihyo used to hug me like what Taemin was doing now. We were like that for a long time.

 

Suddenly my phone rang wildly. I answered it uninterestingly; Taemin was still hugging me. But all I heard was sobbing and crying. I get up and Taemin let go of me. He was looking at me with a very terrible expression. I guess he heard the sobbing and crying on the line.

 

I fought hard and tried to look at the name of the caller only to find out that it was Jihyo’s number. I knew right then what happened but my heart and mind wasn’t able to accept it just yet. My heart felt like it sank. Taemin burst out crying again.

 


Edited and Reuploaded: July 22, 2013