Final

Coffee Shop

[Kiseop's POV]

 

Here I am, sitting on the corner of this lovely coffee shop, beside the window. Watching other people passing by on the street and take a sip of my favorite coffee. A jazz music heaves beautifully, enhance the peaceful atmosphere in the shop. Brown and ivory interior, wood material furnitures, dim light, some flowers and plants increase the beautification of this coffee shop.

Monday, Tuesday, everyday, I go to this small shop not far from my apartment. I don't know why, though. But, passing by this coffee shop already like a part of my habit. Just sitting on my favorite seat in the corner, staring blankly at the crowded street, sipping on my mochacino and sometimes smelling his scent. I sighed. This coffee shop is a mute witness of me and my boyfriend's memories. Ex to be exact. Starting from the first meeting, being close, confession, celebrating our anniversary and then broke up. Can you imagine it? Every special event has to happen in a same place. I smiled bitterly. Want to hear my love story? Alright, I'll tell you.

The first meeting. Nothing special, though. That day, this small shop has an amount of costumers. Me, being the regular costumer, already occupy my regular seat. Sipped the coffee, I watched the line of other costumes. I didn't aware that I'm daydreaming until someone pat my shoulder gently. And yeah, you're right. It's him. Kim Jaeseop. The one who pat my shoulder. Him with his white shirt, black ripped jeans, and sneakers asked me if he could sit with me since the seats in the shop already occupied by the other costumers. Being a nice person, of course I allow him. From that, we became close.

The confession. Can I call it romantic? No, not with a bouquet of red roses. Neither with singing or playing some music instruments too. After 4 months we met, we have grown to be closer day by day. He confessed to me with words 'I LOVE YOU'  written on the glass of the window beside my regular seat. Only to get scolded from the manager and of course, a 'yes' from me. I chuckled at this memory. He is unique. He is one of a kind. And that's why I love him.

Our first anniversary. I sighed. It's the second best of memories I ever have. No, you're still wrong. He didn't ask me to have a candle light dinner at some fancy restaurants. Not with watched some movies at the theater either. Still in this coffee shop, we celebrated it with his way, unique. You know about 'love padlock' at Namsan Tower, right? We carve our and the couple's name on a padlock, then we tether that on some palisades, lock it, and throw the key wherever you want. Symbolized that our love can't be unlocked. That's what we did. With the difference that we lock the padlock at our favorite seat. You can still see that padlock until now. It's sad, but sweet at the same time. We continued to eat some muffins he baked for me and have a warm chat.

And then, the broke up. It's almost our second anniversary. I'm the one who prepared it. Just a payback. I felt that our relationship is more romantic, unique, beautiful than another. Until I found out that he already have his family. Yeah, now you're right. The family that stands a handsome husband, a beautiful wife, and some cute children. Disappointed? Of course. Who wasn't? I felt like the world laughing at me because I'm dating with a-so-called gay person. I felt so ashamed. So embarrassed. But what can I do? We had have that serious talk. At this coffee shop. He begged me to stay by his side. Saying that he love me more than his wife. He will divorce his wife for me. But hey, I'm not a teenager whose fell so deep in love and fell to that sweet lies. And was he crazy? He has his child with that woman. He already has the bond with them way to long before me. I don't have a heart to destroy his family. No, I'm not that mean. So, with a bitter smile, I told him to choose his wife. To beg her a forgiveness. To rebuild his broken family that caused by my presence. Have I ever said that he is the one who has a stone head? He is so stubborn. He didn't want to let me go. He want me. Even if I love him too much, like I said, I don't have a heart to destroy his family. I know what's better for me and him. Because he didn't want to leave me, it turned me who leave him. So, with a final 'no', I left him, sitting alone at our favorite seat with a blank stare. I don't care about my feeling. I care about his family. Oh, what a nice heart I have here (plaese hint a sarcastic tone in this sentence). Lucky that we never hang out at my apartment and he didn't have my number. So he didn't try to chase and contact me. Odd? Right. Not that I mind. We just have this agreement that we should meet at this coffee shop at nine o'clock and then we could hang out wherever we want. After that, I decide to not go to that small shop, in case that Jaeseop will be there too. Feel desperate? Of course I experience it. But I don't want to dissolved in there too long. I have life to be going.

Seven days are enough to me to not go to the shop. So in the eighth day, I try to pass by the coffee shop. Lucky he wasn't there. When I asked one of the waiter there, I know I'm right. Past five day ago, Jaeseop still went to this shop, sat alone on our seat. But then, two days he didn't show up. I'm so grateful, though. Then, like always, I'll pass by this coffee shop. Sitting on my regular seat, sipping on my coffee. I never see Jaeseop again in this coffee shop after that.

Summer, winter, spring and fall. Time goes to fast, everything is changing. So does my life. I can sleep better, laughing, meet up with my friends, and everything. Sometimes I dreamed about him, but there's nothing. That doesn't make my heartbeat go rush. Once I accidentally meet him with his family. No, I don't feel heavy on my heart. I feel so light. I can smile in front of him without jealousy. I can speak with his wife without envious feeling. I can playing with his children with happiness. I feel so happy.

Now, I'm leaning on the glass of window beside me. Putting on my earphones and press the play button of my Ipod, listening the music peacefully. The shop is in busy mode. Many costumers want to grab the coffee and relax at this shop. I remember it again. I don't mind if God had a plan that I have to experience it once again.

"Excuse me."

Really, I dont mind.

"May I sit with you? You see, the seats are packed out."

But I hope.

"Of course. Have a sit, please."

This time.

"Thank you."

God has a plan for me to have a really happy ending.

"My name is Kevin, by the way. Nice to meet you."

 

------------------------------------------------------- F I N -------------------------------------------------------

 

So, how was it????
Please give me your comment. Give me you opinion about this fic. Jebaalll :D

Subscribe and if you like this, you can up vote.

Thank you very much!! And Once again, I beg your forgiveness because of the different plot.

L O V E  Y O U , G U Y S ! !