The Thing I never wanted to see - Heechul

Death changes every little thing (One-shot)

 

Leeteuk’s POV

“Everyone go to your bed.”  I calmly ordered as I put aside the strange pain I’m feeling. These kids…I mean these men are really chaotic. Everything they make turns out to be a mess. \

Shindong has been eating with Eunhyuk over the center table. They caused most of the mess around the place: Banana peels, candy wrappers, chips and everything you could think of.  Heechul and Kyuhyun have both of their eyes glued on the computer screen playing their never ending game - Starcraft. They were eating chips and other foodstuffs while playing leaving their trash scattered all over the place, some are on the floor and some are just left where they finished eating them.

I walked near them for I guess they haven’t heard me. On my way, I noticed some of the pellets were left spread on the floor, so I stopped. I followed its long track and I found it going inside Sungmin’s room. I tracked where it started and I found Yesung and Sungmin feeding their pets, Ddangkoma and Hyaku.

“Sungmin!” I exclaimed in dismay. He has been making Hyaku follow him to his room for the past few hours that’s why he scattered cat’s food on the floor. He should have just carried him instead. I rolled my eyes and continued walking near others.

Han Kyung was on the phone talking in Chinese. I guess it was his mom on the other line. Kibum was sitting comfortably on the couch while reading an English novel book, trying to refresh his vocabulary. Siwon was roaming around the place slightly getting pissed every after he stepped into a piece of chip. Kangin was chasing after Donghae for no reason; they were just simply fooling around. Donghae was throwing the pillows on the ground to block Kangin’s way to prevent him to catch him. He bumped on to Ryeowook on his way to the kitchen. Their collision made the bowl of popcorn, which was carried by Ryeowook, spill on the ground.

“Sorry!” Donghae shouted without even facing Ryeowook and continued running inside the kitchen. Aish! Stubborn kid. I went beside Ryeowook to help him clean up. He was kneeling on the ground and picking the food one by one when I reached him. I knelt beside him. In my surprise, he was crying. I haven’t noticed it awhile ago for he was facing on the ground.

“Ryeowook-shii, is something wrong?” I hurriedly asked. He wiped his tears away as he answered, “These are for Heechul hyung. He asked me to make these because he said he’s getting hungry and he didn’t want to leave his game. He’ll get mad at me for sure.” I sighed deeply. I can’t believe Heechul’s craving for popcorn at this time of hour.  “Come on. Let’s just make another one.” I said to make Ryeowook calm down but I do not know why…what I said made him cry even harder. “Hey! Hey! Did I say something wrong?” I panicky asked. “No, you didn’t. It’s just that, this is the last pack we have.” He whined.

I stood up and walked towards the kitchen to look for Donghae so that he could cover up innocent Ryeowook. As I was walking to the back door, which was situated at the kitchen, I felt a very painful sting on my head. It was very sudden. It made me shout silently to myself and hold on to the nearest thing I could reach. It left my mouth open. I accidentally hit a glass because of my panicking that I will fall any time. The glass fell into the ground, and of course, it broke. It didn’t catch any attention at all for everything was noisy inside the dorm, so nobody heard. I waited for few minutes to ease this pain. I kept myself holding on the counter to help me balance myself.  During the time I felt it was alright, Kangin entered the kitchen from the backdoor while holding Donghae under his arms. “Hey! What are you doing?” Kangin stopped in front of me after seeing broken pieces of glass in front of my feet. “No…Nothing.” I tried best not to answer in a crack voice but I ended up in a very obvious one. “Hey? Are you okay?” Donghae added. As he released himself from Kangin’s grip. “Yeah.” I said, now in a straight voice. “I came here to look for you. Go to Heechul and explain that you were the ones who spilled his food, not Ryeowook.” I looked away again after feeling so heavy and numb. Good thing they haven’t noticed my sudden movement; they both went out.

The next thing I heard was Heechul screaming at Donghae. I walked towards the living room, but before I reach the exit of the kitchen, I felt another sting. I can manage it this time so I continued strolling. As I reached the living room, I saw Heechul scolding Donghae for being so careless while patting Ryeowook saying that it’s okay. I was about to scold Donghae too but I felt my stomach going upside down; I felt I’m going to throw up. I rushed upstairs which haven’t caught anyone’s attention because they were busy doing things. But before I could reach the bathroom, I threw up on the hallway. I felt so weak afterwards. The stinging increased, in volume and in power. All I could is to shout the pain out. What the is wrong with me? I tried my very best to stand back up, but I just fell unconscious; everything turned black.

Heechul’s POV

It’s already 1 am and we’re still up. It has been an hour since that spilling-my-popcorn incident happened. Now I’m hungry. We’ll, I’ll just put this to sleep. I turned my computer off and stretched for a bit after a long stay in front of the computer.

“Where’s Leeteuk?” Kibum asked after finishing his reading. Yeah, speaking, I haven’t seen him. I stood up to check him if he was on the kitchen. As I reached it, I saw broken pieces of glass scattered on the floor.

“Hey! Who did this? Why didn’t you clean this up whoever you are!” I said facing back to the living room. Everyone was looking at me. I eyed all of them to see who the culprit is. But I failed knowing who’s who. I was about to go back to the kitchen when Eunhyuk came rushing down the stairs. He blocked my way. He was catching his breath. “Stop acting like you came from a very very far place!” I bawled walking past him. But before I could make my second step, he pulled me back. I looked at him annoyingly, but I found tears filling his eyes.            

 “Teukie-hyung!” He started.

It made me look the staircase going upstairs. A sudden thought entered my mind which made me run towards it. As I turned to the last step, I found Leeteuk lying motionless on the ground. I rushed beside him. I tried to carry him but he was too heavy for me. The next thing I knew is that Kangin and Siwon carried him towards his room.

 “I thought he was just sleeping there so I tried to wake him up but…” Eunhyuk said in a very down and trembling voice. I patted his head saying, “I know, it’s okay.”

“Hyung, he is burning hot. We should call the management and bring him to the nearest hospital.” Siwon said after placing the back of his hand over Leeteuk’s forehead.

Everyone was panicking. Yes, Leeteuk easily gets sick but not as bad as this. This is the first time I saw him this way. We did whatever Leeteuk needs right now, from taking care of him, changing his clothes, and we brought him to the hospital for sure and better help.