Chapter 1

It Started With A Blind Date

 

Kim Lynn.

Most people believe that a mother knows what is best for her child; I believe that the phrase is not entirely true. My mother does know what’s best for me but there are times that she doesn’t; right now is one of those times. I stared outside the café window and observed the people that would pass by. I don’t know how long I’ve been waiting but I’m guessing I’ve been waiting for quite some time because my fresh cup of coffee has turned into a cold cup of disgusting colored water. I pushed my cup away and glanced at the door. The café’s door opened and a young man entered. He glanced around the café until his eyes met mine; I looked away and felt a little embarrassed. Suddenly, I saw a hand on my table and I looked up; it’s him! He looked bored and snobby and his eyes looked empty.

 

“You must be my date.”

 

He said in a monotonous tone as he sat on the chair across from mine. I smiled at him and he just stared at me. What’s wrong with him? Or better yet…what’s wrong with me? Maybe there’s something on my face. I looked down at my hands and bit my lower lip. Maybe he doesn’t like the idea of the blind date; obviously I don’t like it, too but at least I don’t have a nasty attitude. The atmosphere around us was awkward and he glanced around the café then grabbed my hand. I jumped a bit and glanced at him.

 

“Wanna get out of here?”

 

He asked. I immediately nodded and he dragged me out of the café. The weather is beautiful and all I could see are couples walking around with smiles on their faces. I stopped as soon as I saw a red Camaro parked on the side of the café.

 

“Is this—“

 

“Yeah, it’s mine. Get in.”

 

He said as he opened the car door for me. I glanced at the car then back at him and noticed that he was smirking at me.

 

“Come on, get in.”

 

He said and I got in the car. I don’t even know why I got in the car; I should have a bad feeling about this but surprisingly, I don’t. He got in the driver seat and drove off. While he was driving, I realized that he didn’t even introduce himself.

 

“What’s your name?” I asked.

 

“Lee Junho. Yours?”

 

“Kim Lynn.”

 

“Cool name.”

 

“Thanks…I guess.”

 

I mumbled and looked outside. I spaced out a bit until I heard a deep, calming and beautiful voice. I turned my head and saw Junho singing. I bit my lower lip and glanced outside again then smiled. He kept driving until I recognized the place; Han River. I would say that he is such a cliché type of guy but I can’t; I’m actually surprised that he drove us here. He opened the car door for me and I glanced around the place.

 

“Uhm…why—“

 

“I like the view here at night so. Is it okay that we wait?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

I said and got out of the car. He walked away from me and I tried to catch up with him; I ended up walking behind him. I quietly sighed to myself and puffed my cheeks; another failed blind date. This is my 12th blind date in the last 2 years and all 11, plus probably this one, failed. Some of the guys were cocky while some were shy; one of them even asked me if I can hook him up with a fun girl. I glanced at his back and tried to categorize him; should I put him in the cocky category? Or the shy one? Or should I make a new category just for him? He doesn’t seem cocky or shy; he seems…bored. I sighed again and this time, he heard me.

 

“Are you bored?”

 

He asked. His voice is naturally deep, unlike those other guys who try so hard to make their voices sound deep. I shook my head and he arched his eyebrow.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah. I’m just…cold.”

 

I lied and smiled. Suddenly, he took his jacket off and gave it me. I looked at his jacket then back at him.

 

“Take it. I’m fine.”

 

He said and I grabbed his jacket; as I was wearing it, I smelled his cologne and immediately grinned. I am such a humiliation to all the girls in the world for acting like a dork right now. We continued to walk around until I saw a couple that reminded me of the past. I may have gone on blind dates but that’s because of a particular past that I want to forget. Sometimes I keep telling myself that the only reason that my mother sent me to these awkward blind dates is to help me get over him. Guess what mom, it’s finally working. I continued to stare at the couple, unintentionally of course, when someone pinched my right cheek.

 

“Yah…only look at me, okay?”

 

Junho said in a bored tone then smirked. Wait…he smirked? A smirk is similar to a smile, right? Amazing! Who knew this bored looking man who is also an owner of a beautiful voice could smile? I was amazed by the fact that he could smile then quickly thought of what I should do. Before I could even fully think of what I’m about to do next, I pushed him away from me and he suddenly laughed, causing me to jump a bit. I really do not understand men; they’re so…complicated.

 

“I should leave.” I said as I took off his jacket and gave it to him.

 

“Bu—“

 

“It’s late. Besides, my mom’s probably freaking out right now.” I said and he just nodded.

 

“Uhm…bye.”

 

I mumbled then ran off. I found a bus and immediately got in. I’m not sure where this bus is going but I’d rather be anywhere than be around him. Just being around him made me more nervous and did I mention that it was really awkward? It was really, really awkward. I managed to get home safely and all I wanted to do was sleep but of course, that would be impossible. As soon as I opened the front door, my mother ran towards me with a huge grin on her face.

 

“So…how was the date?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:
I can't think of a foreword right now so.