9 Crimes

9 Crimes (ONESHOT)

 

Amber's dark and lifeless eyes followed him as he walked with a random girl he got acquainted to a while ago at the bar. Let's call her Jaehee, since it suits her. She seemed nice, her creamy skin, her gentle and attractive eyes, those smiley faces she shoot him everytime he joked in his simple and still amazing manner – it all was what Jonghyun really liked. In Amber's eyes, he deserved the best, the most amazing person, not like her, who didn't even get the chance to hug him like he always wanted her to hug him.

She followed them silently, her invisible body staying in a safe distance from the new girl's body. She knew if she got too close she'd feel uncomfortable. The fact that Amber was now Jonghyun's Guardian Angel, was thrilling, now she could hold his hand without him knowing it. But she never tried that…

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?" The girl asked in a cute manner. Jonghyun's eyes fell on the ground and he casually shook his head, but only Amber knew what that action meant. It meant his memory went back to a certain time and he knew he couldn't do anything to bring it back, change anything, find out finally about Amber's feelings, which she hid safely behind her careless mask.

"Do you want one now?" She asked again now putting a little more flirt into her voice.

"Not really. I feel fine without one." He replied and smiled at her softly, making Amber's stoned heart crack a bit and take in some warmth from it. "I don't know what to do with a girlfriend."

The long haired girl looked at him and kept walking trying to match his suddenly too slow pace. "There's a lot to do with her. Like this." She pulled him into a gentle hug and smiled to herself as his warm and soft scent tickled her small nostrils. "Also this…" And she pressed her cherry red lips to his cheek, giving him a light and tickling kiss.

Amber stopped right behind them and watched Jonghyun as he tried to find the best to do now.

"Please like it Jong. Please, please like it." Amber whispered to herself, knowing that no one around her, especially Jonghyun, would hear it. Jonghyun smiled and put his hands on Jaehee's arms gently. Amber looked at Jonghyun's softened gaze. She was afraid of Jonghyun's awkwardness around girls. That might make him feel uncomfortable and never be able to find a girlfriend, after his failure with Amber.

Jonghyun moved slowly closer to Jaehee's face, his eyes shifting from her now closed eyes to her lips. He touched them gently with his own and pulled back immediately. The girl chuckled, and Jonghyun chuckled with her. Amber just smiled walking away from them. Her dry eyes filled with water and she seemed to shed a few bitter tears. Were those tears of happiness or tears of sorrow and impossibility to say or do anything to just be able to be on that girl's place

They walked further, but Amber didn't follow them now. She stayed on the street, people passing by and through her invisible body. She put her hands into the pockets of her jeans and walked under the rain in another direction, leaving the two to run to the nearest café to hide.

"Why did you make me cry!?" Amber yelled into the sky, wiping her wet tears off her pale and cold face. "Why now?" She felt slight trembling in her knees and dropped on the wet ground of the now empty street. "I can't handle another meeting with him." She mumbled into the sky, as if addressing to someone who would possibly help her overcome all this. But no one would reply to her or help her. She was all alone in the human world, and she chose that herself.

Jonghyun pulled Jaehee after him into a small café and sat at the window. His eyes turned to the wet street, which was being washed by heavy drops from the non expected rainy clouds in the warm sunny weather.

"As if she's crying…" He said aloud, addressing rather to himself than to anyone else.

"Excuse me?" The girl looked at Jonghyun, distracting herself for a second from the menu. The guy turned his eyes to her and blinked.

"What?"

"Who is that 'she'?" Jaehee asked again putting down the dessert menu. Jonghyun took the menu and smiled awkwardly.

"How about cappuccino? Do you like it?" His mind flew to the past, and he remembered how Amber loved to drink it when she felt sad. And how he never understood her passion for it, and never tried it, taking that uninteresting Americano every time when they went to a coffee shop.

"I…don't really like coffee." Jaehee bit her lip and looked down at the menu pointing at green tea with cherry flower petals in it. Jonghyun looked at her and thought how different she was from Amber, that cheerful and forever enjoying life girl. Why didn't he shed a single tear when she passed away all of a sudden? Why didn't he go to her funeral, see her one last time, put flowers to her grave later? Sadly he could never see her again, even in his dreams, as if someone didn't let her into them, making it harder for him to let his precious, unique friend go.

He took a sip from the hot cappuccino and felt his throat burn slightly. He took another sip, a bigger one, and again and again before tears stuck his throat and he excused himself, before getting up from his seat and rushing to the restroom. His eyes were burning, and his throat hurt from those stupid weakness showing drops that were about to jump out of his eyes and flow a river down his cheeks, and disappear into the white, clean sink. He looked at himself in the mirror. How helpless he felt now, how hard it was for him to realize that no one would call him now and tell him to go to their café, because she craved hot cappuccino with a load of cream and chocolate crumbs on top. It was always hard to please her, but when she got what she wanted, she just enjoyed it without a word, and only after finishing she would pinch his cheek and thank him casually.

Before Jonghyun knew it, he was sobbing heavily, letting out all these past years' sorrow out. He sniffled and gripped the sink with his hands so tight, that if it was made from metal, he'd definitely bend the sides of it. Tears just streamed down his face, and he fell on his knees, covering his shameful face with hands. He felt ashamed of his behavior, blind and stupid actions after her death. He wiped his eyes and went out of the café after leaving Jaehee money to pay for the drinks.

Amber felt Jonghyun pass by her, his tears mixing with big drops of rain. She quickly stood up and followed him. He seemed down, broken, out of this world. He didn't even bother to cover his head with the hood of his jacket, which was so unlikely to him.

"Jonghyun, what's bothering you?" Amber asked while following him and trying to catch up with him. "Listen to me please… Kim Jonghyun!" She shouted and felt Jonghyun's body tremble a litte. She smiled and shouted again, then again and again. Jonghyun quickly turned around, breathing heavily, his eyes wandered around the street in attempt to find the person who said his name. And he did feel it was a familiar voice.

Amber walked up to him, making him feel light goosebumps from her invisible presence. She touched his face and Jonghyun jumped back.

He was sure something touched him. A cold firm thing touched his cheekbone. He saw no one or nothing strange around him, only the deadly cold rain and colorful umbrellas passing by him.  That something touched him again and now he didn't move. It felt safe and still scary, but Jonghyun didn't move. "I am here.." He heard the voice again, too quiet and far to understand why it was so familiar.

"Amber?" He said automatically, not realizing why he said exactly her name. But he knew it was the name he should say.

"Tonight, sleep at eleven, and think of me, please." The voice said again, now sounding closer. He was scared, thrilled, excited and upset at the same time. It was Amber, his Amber. He quickly nodded, still crying and trying to see her figure, but in vain. She was nowhere to be seen. The cold indiscernible thing removed from his cheek, making him shiver again, now from the disappearing coldness that was replaced with another cold feeling: the raindrops.

He went to bed straight at eleven, and immediately fell asleep, exhausted and excited from what happened to him that day. Soon he was deeply asleep. Amber sat next to him and took his hand.

"I'm here, I'm with you Jong.." She whispered into his ear and smiled. The man moved a little in his sleep. When Amber ran her thumb up and down his palm, Jonghyun smiled a little and kept it on his face.

Jonghyun walked through a room(as he was able to find out later). It was dark as hell and he saw nothing around him, simply nothing. He had no flashlight, no phone with him. How could he see Amber if he couldn't see even his own hands in that darkness? Then he heard her.

"Yah~ Don't you see me?" She said in her casual manner. Jonghyun turned to the voice. "Aish, I forgot again."

Before Jonghyun's eyes could get used to the sudden light, another wave of light hit his eyes. Now it was Amber, all shining and sparkling as she walked over to him. He was too shocked to make a move. He stood there waiting for her to approach his shaking body. She stood in front of him, making him look at her face, as if she was a brand new type of human for him.

"Hi.."

"Amber…" He could only mumble while looking at her smiling face.

"I missed you, Jong."

"You can't believe how much I missed you."

"Then why don't you tell me why you didn't come to my funeral?" – She frowned a little and looked down.

"Is this real?" He asked ignoring her question and still staring at her pale face.

"For you it is." – Amber touched his face and caressed his cheek gently.

"What about you..?"

"For me nothing is real anymore."

Amber glanced at him and sighed a little.

"Now listen to me carefully ok?" – She cupped his face and looked into his eyes. "Don't let that girl go, she is your future, she is who you need!"

Jonghyun turned his eyes away from hers and frowned. "No, listen to me Jonghyun. I mean it. Try to love her, make her happy! And be happy yourself."

"How can I be with someone when I feel so guilty and helpless about you."

"Jonghyun I'm dead! That car killed me, it ran over me and I can't be saved."

Jonghyun started to cry again. He held her hands tightly and looked into her eyes, wishing to never miss a second of her gaze. She soon freed her hands from his and smiled at him gently.

"No! No no no please don't go!" He watched as the light around her started to fade away and walked up to her, but it only took her further away from him.

"You will not notice it, but I will always be with you, I will stand next to you, I will guard you at nights and stand right next to you when you leave your world and join mine." She smiled at him brightly, trying to make him smile as well.

"What about us?" He asked not knowing what to do, as the darkness started to fill the room again.

"Us? Let's both be happy. You-with that girl, me-watching you…" And she was gone.

Jonghyun woke up with wet eyes. He looked around his bedroom and wiped the tears off his face. It took him till morning to analyze Amber's words. It was magical for him. How did all that happen he didn't want to know, he just wanted to know if she was with her right now.

"Give me a sign." He said aloud into the air, looking around. His phone that was lying next to him vibrated. He looked at the message he received:

I don't know what happened to you yesterday,
but I really hope it wasn't my fault.
If you still want, can we meet at the same café today before your work?  
 Jaehee

 

Jonghyun smiled to himself. "Thank you Amber. Thank you for keeping your promise, and being with me…"

He replied to Jaehee and they met again, and about 2 years passed when they finally decided to marry each other. They had a baby girl, who Jonghyun insisted on naming Amber. She grew up a smart and nice girl, and looked like the one Jonghyun used to love a long while ago.

And Amber was still with him, following him everywhere and bringing him good luck and happiness. He knew that and stayed always the same, not wanting to disappoint his Guardian Angel.

They met again, in eternity, and guarded little Amber and Jaehee together.

The End

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

A/N: I'm sorry for taking your time for such a lame and stupid thing... I wish I could write a better one, but I think I'm just too tired to think of another one. I didn't even check for mistakes.... >.< You can throw rocks at me and choke me to death, cuz I deserve it for messing everything up and writing a complete nonsense.