Letter for You

Letter for You

 

Dear __(your bias)__,
I remember the first time I ever saw you cry. You were laying on the blood soaked bed with wounds all over your body. Your breathing was heavy and raspy. Pain covered your face like a mask. I stared at you wide eyed while I sat next to your side. I was shocked and scared, but I knew one thing.
 
I had to keep you alive… and not just for me. For someone else too.
 
I stood up to get the car keys but something held me back. Your hand held onto my wrist tightly but at the same time gently. You knew what I was trying to do, and we both knew what would happen in the end. But I wouldn’t accept it. I kept telling  you that you would be okay and if I got you medicine, you could live. You kept refusing but I didn’t give in and kept insisting. You finally had enough.
 
“Stop it (you)! We both know how this is going to end whether I go to the I get medication or not!” you shouted ending the argument.
 
I had never seen you angry like that. I started to tremble and tears threatened to escape. You saw my reaction and realized what had happened. You immediately softened and tried to pull me towards you. My feet refused to move so you stopped tugging but still held onto my hand.
 
(you), I’m sorry. I don’t know what got into me. But w- just, please. Don’t leave me alone. Stay by my side.” you said with a gentle voice.
 
I took slow and small steps towards you and you scooted over making room for me on the bed. I laid in you arms and hugged you tightly.
 
“I’ll never let you go” I told you as I snuggled into your warm chest. I felt something wet fall down on me. I looked up at you to see a heartbroken scene. Tears were streaming down your face. The setting sun gave you and ethereal glow and made your tears sparkle. 
 
I wiped a tear away with my thumb and gave you a gentle yet sincere smile.
 
“Just close your eyes, the sun is going down now. You should get some rest.” I said
 
You kissed my forehead and then closed your eyes.
 
Throughout the night, you got colder and colder.
 
The morning light shone through the window.
“I promise, you’ll be alright. No one can hurt you now. We’re both safe and sound” I whispered to you while caressing your face.
 
Wasn’t I right? You’re alright now correct? No one can and no one will hurt you. Are you safe and sound? Cause I’ve heard that heaven is…well, heavenly.
 
I want you to know that you have a son. He looks exactly like you. I know I’ve done wrong by not telling you. I was waiting for the right time. Don’t worry. In time, we’ll all be together.
 
I love you.
 
Love always and forever,
(you)