Nothing Can Ruin This Moment

Nothing Can Ruin This Moment

 

The rain rolled down the glass window of a dorm, staining it with rain drops that never seemed to end. It seemed as if the rain could carry their dreams to anywhere they wanted, it laned anywhere it could. Inside the warm and quiet dorm, Lee Byunghun and Lee Chanhee, known as L.Joe and Chunji from Teen Top, were inside leaning against each other. They were secretly dating, only close friends and family knew about their special relationship. Of couse, what they did as fanservice for the fans were based off real emotions. Secret touches on stages and interviews, subtle glances at each other, they seemed like a lovesick couple that would have endless love for each other.

 

For the first time in months, only they were left alone at the dorm. The manager had a family to go home to everynight, Ricky and Changjo were on a school overnight trip for a few days and wouldn't be returning yet, Niel went home for his grandmother's 90th birthday, and C.A.P....was somewhere. But, they didn't care; as long as they had each other, they were happy.

 

As the rain poured outside, L.Joe and Chunji paid no attention to the sounds outisde. The final scenes of a romance drama was playing on their flat screen TV, providing a romantic scene for the both of them. Snacks littered the floor and the sofa where they were sitting. Chunji was going to ask L.Joe what he wanted to do next, when he realized the younger boy (only by a few months) had fallen asleep. His mouth slightly parted as he dreamt, his eyes closed peacefully. Chunji smiled serenely, nothing could've been better than meeting the blonde boy. 

 

As L.Joe slept obliviously against Chunji's right arm, he thought about all their memories that they had.

 

"You must be Byunghun, congratulations on making it into Teen Top."

 

"Aish, we shouldn't be so formal! Hello Chanhee, it's an honor to be able to work with you forever~"

 

Ever since their first encounter, they had became best friends. It didn't matter that there were four other guys; they immediately clicked. As they spent more time with each other (of course also with other members), they realized they liked the same things- the same school subject, music genre, book genre, colors, hobbies, fashion styles, humor, it was countless. They would spend the days they both weren't burdened with promotions, practice, and schoolwork to go to the mall, street fairs, park, arcade, movies.

 

"Let's go into that store, come on Byunghun~!"

 

"Chanhee, that's like the fifteenth store you want to go in. And you barely buy anything at all, you just look around."

 

"I know, that's the fun of it! Please? I'll buy you an ice cream when we're done here."

 

He thought about the day that he revealed he was gay to s.

 

"Guys...I have something important to say....please listen to me."

 

"Are you dying of an incurable disease?"

 

"What are you saying Ricky, don't be ridiculous you babo"

 

"There is no way that hyung has a disease"

 

As the members argued over what he was saying..he looked over at L.Joe. He smiled encouragingly. Of course L.Joe knew. Chunji also knew that L.Joe was planning to announce the same thing, but they would get to that as long as the members would stop talking. 

 

"I'm gay."

 

L.Joe looked at him, smiling like a proud parent of a child who had just learned how to take his/her first steps. As they let the message sink in, L.Joe blurted out, "Me too."

 

Changjo jokingly asked, "What's next? Are you guys together?"

 

"Changjo, just because we both are gay doesn't mean that we are in a relationship. You shouldn't even be asking that to your hyungs!"

 

They had smiled smiles of relief, glad that the members were so supportive and not shunning them out. They had confessed to their parents that they were gay, and after a while, both were find with it. He was glad that s and family supported the way he felt about romance.

 

He pressed a gentle kiss to the top of L.Joe's blonde head. He could see some of his dark black roots growing back out. He would need another hair dye, he mused. L.Joe stirred next to him, but didn't wake up. L.Joe was an insomniac, rolling over in bed every night, barely getting enough sleep. He would use countless amounts of makeup to cover up the dark bags under his eyes, but he would constantly tell them not to worry. Chunji was glad that he was finally getting proper sleep, even though if not at the proper time of the day. It was only early evening, around 4:30 PM. 

 

He remembered the days when he felt different emotions and feelings surge through him whenever he had contact with the boy sleeping peacefully next to him. There were days when he felt jealous whenever he was playing around with the other members, having skinship with them, laughing so much, sometimes not even when he was with him.

During the Idol Olympics, Ricky and L.Joe ran around, just like how carefree children would do at the parks on a sunny Saturday afternoon. Even though L.Joe was Ricky's hyung, he jumped onto his back, laughing like there was no tomorrow. Ricky shook his head at his hyung's actions, but carried him around to wherever he pleased. Chunji had felt a dark emotion pulsing out of his heart, all he thought about was L.Joe and Ricky. It was supposed to be him and L.Joe having fun, goofing off at the Idol Olympics. Not him and Ricky. It was always ChunjiandL.Joe, L.JoeandChunji, the best friends. He wanted to push him off of Ricky and and play games with him. What was he feeling? He shook his head, trying to clear all thoughts of L.Joe. He didn't belong to him, he reasoned. There is nothing wrong with playing with the members.

There were days when he felt he could spend the whole day staring at his perfect eyes, perfect nose, perfect lips, perfect hair, perfect him.

L.Joe was in the dorms' living room, intensely studying for a major test he had soon in school. They had just finished promotions for _____ (put your favorite song!), and he needed to catch up with his classmates. Afterall, it woudln't do to have an idol get bad grades at school. Chunji was testing C.A.P on his English vocabulary; Niel, Ricky, and Changjo were in one of the bedrooms playing videogames. An occasional scream and laughing would come from the back of their dorm. 

Chunji stared at the side view he got of L.Joe studying. It didn't matter if he was studying with C.A.P, L.Joe was like a masterpiece to him. The way his eyes bore into the pages of his history textbook, the way he held his pen loosely in his hand, taking notes in his notebook, the way his mouth opened slightly as he concentrated. How could someone have created someone as perfect as Lee Byunghun? He really had no idea. Yet, the boy kept on insisting he wasn't handsome. He's such a babo, Chunji thought. Anyone can see that he's so handsome.

"Yah...Lee Chanhee! Are you even listening to me?"

 He snapped back into reality. "Oh....C.A.P-hyung....what was it again?"

"Nevermind, you. You're really obvious in what you do. I don't care what you guys do, as long as you keep it down in public and on shows." With a wink, C.A.P stood up and left.

Chunji resumed his staring of L.Joe. "Neh, Chanhee. Can you test me on these major facts of the war?"

He startled, and his head snapped towards L.Joe. "Oh...of course."  Yet, the more he moved towards him, the more mesmerized he felt. Was he supposed to feel this way? This was his best friend, his band mate, his dance buddy. Was this normal?

Even as the rain poured heavily outside, even as the curtains shook from the wind outside, even though the movie had stopped playing long ago, even though they were sitting in a mess of snack wrappers and tangled limbs, Chunji felt that nothing could ruin this moment. With his boyfriend curled up next to him, knowing that he was peacefully asleep, knowing that the two of them had each other full of love, he would've asked for nothing more.