She wanted him.

Thinking

10 years ago...

Both of them, Luhan and Seohyun, were orphans. They were raised in an orphanage. As Luhan was six, whilst Seohyun was five, he did his job as an Oppa and took care of all her needs. They were sent into the orphanage on the same day, which explains why their birthdays fall on the same date, same month. The orphanage wasn't told about when they've been born, but they knew their ages. Luhan and Seohyun were aware of this, maybe that's why both got along well. They studied hard, worked for their goals, played together and eventually, both were able to get in the top 5 middle schools available in town. 

Ever since they've been separated as they attended different classes in middle school, their friendship was neglected. They were too busy for each other. Seohyun felt as though her heart had been pierced by millions of arrows whenever she was reminded of him. Her heart throbbed badly whenever Luhan rejected her calls or otherwise, he'll reply her text messages late. She felt like a burden to him. This was when she stopped 'pestering' him.

Luhan never called, nor texted her. He felt... nervous whenever he does that. Thinking about what to write, whether what he sent or said would affect her in any kind of way. Staying in the same orphanage was even tougher for him. He made his very best to avoid Seohyun and her glimpses. Ignoring her calls and texts had always been... painful... to him. He'd merely wanted to stop that jittering feeling in him. It made him all too edgy. When Seohyun suddenly stopped what she'd been doing for the past 2 months, he felt awful and dejected. He didn't know why. He'd never known what it's like to be in love. He was sort of an introvert, so it's difficult. 

However, both had fallen for each other unknowingly. They never knew, they'd been too oblivious about everything around them. 

If they were to bump into each other at the orphanage from time to time, both will never actually greet each other. Sometimes, the stares exchanged from the both of them explains it all. Those eyes, they've been giving themselves away because of their eyes. Their stares. Their gazes. But both were clueless, so none of them never know that both of their eyes were actually filled with love beams.

One fatal day, the sun sets, the facade of the orphanage's dorms were now filled with the shadows of trees. Luhan decided to meet up with Seohyun, to clear all misunderstandings once and for all. All that jittering and pain that he'd suffered had had been enough for him. He couldn't take it any more. On the other hand, Seohyun's mind was fully filled with doubts and unanswered questions. Today, she will be able to clear all her doubts about Luhan. '' At last! '' Seohyun thought to herself, heaving a sigh of relief. The dorms were separated into two parts. One for males, the other for females. They decided to meet up at the studyroom. It was getting late, so there wasn't much people out in the studyroom. 

Seohyun reached first. She waited. 10 minutes past... But not a single knock could be heard from the door. She sat on the rolling chair and rolled towards one of the desks that she'd once studied with Luhan. Their life was filled with laughter and joy, not till when they'd became middle schoolers, which trashed their friendship down hard.

While reminscing the past, the fire alarm went off. Seohyun was in a state of shock. She didn't know what to do. She wasn't sure whether Luhan was safe. She stood up, but her legs refused to obey. Her mind and muscles were unable to co-operate with each other. When she came back to her senses, she rushed out of the studyroom. Outside the studyroom, everywhere was filled with thick, grey smoke. The smoke started stinging Seohyun's eyes, causing a few tears to streak down her cheeks. She bent down, and crawled towards the other side--the male's dorm, where Luhan will probably be. Her friends and other orphans were running here and there. The situation was chaotic. Though Seohyun had been stepped a few times by others, she fought them and the stinging pain in her eyes. She had to find Luhan. She was determined that he was alive. 

'' Ow... '' Seohyun grumbled. There was a figure blocking her way. Someone was lying on the floor. She could tell, as she felt her fingers touching the features a person would have-- hair, eyebrows, nose and lips. Her finger ran through that person's face. It felt calming and familliar. Seohyun suddenly had an instinct, telling her that this was probably Luhan. She leaned in closer to take a better look of him. Brown, fuzzy hair, double eyelids and a slightly pointed nose. It was Luhan. '' Positive...'' Seohyun mumured. She held his head up, observing his face again. When her hand touched the back of Luhan's head, it felt warm. Finding it unusual, she withdrew her hand, to find that it was covered with warm blood. Seohyun gasped. Panic-stricken and worried, she dragged Luhan out of the burning rubble, without giving any chances for the fire to consume them alive. She tried not to hurt him as she dragged him to the nearest exit--through the back door.

Outside, it was as chaotic as it had been previously too. Seohyun pleaded with the paramedics that arrived to save Luhan. She was afraid. She didn't want him to die. She didn't want to be alone. She didn't want to lose him.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE : 

mian~ Really lengthy T-T But I'll promise you it'll be finished in Chapter 3/4 . Hopefully ^^ Otherwise it wouldn't be a one-shot anymore... hahas ^^ yakseok~ (promise~) If there's any mistakes, really sorry. It's 1am+ here now.So didn't check the story >~< Also, a 'thank you' to all subscribers and comments given! Have to sleep :) Nights ^^ 

COMMENT  or SUBSCRIBE ♥ Feel free to criticize . ~ *poof*

Main Photo Credits : as tagged.