Chapter 2.

Outside.

 

Yoojin lightly hummed the lullaby that her mother had sang to her as a child as she, once again, sifted through the notes perched upon her desk. Upcoming events, important dates, and reminders were neatly printed onto sheets and sheets of paper.
 
Although the life of an upcoming ruler wasn't all rainbows and sunshine, Yoojin felt immense satisfaction and maybe a little bit of pride in being the princess of the land.
 
The land, named Paradisus for its lush greenery and fertile soil, was the starting point of civilization itself. More than 5000 years ago, it was founded and named the capital city of the planet Zemlia.
 
Royal blood ran through Yoojin's very veins, a reminder of the many hardships in which the land went through during its famines, wars, and battles. Royalty was considered sparse; especially when many had died or disappeared at the hands of thieves or assassins.
 
That's where Simon fell in place. His ancestor had been caught trying to (unsuccessfully) steal the crown of the king during that time, forever condemning the 1st son to be born into that family to servant's work.
 
Yoojin had been notified of the young servant's approximate arrival time prior to his seventeenth birthday. Tapping her nimble fingers on the edge of her wide desk, the 16 year old princess awaited the entrance of her new assistant, relishing over the revelation that her parents, the king and queen, might actually give her more freedom.
 
Sometimes, she felt trapped in the very place she grew up in; the only place she fully knew and respected.
 
Maybe it was something about the way her parents had trained her like a controlled robot, making sure nothing unsettling of a future ruler managed to stumble its way out of . Maybe it was the way her gown had to be perfect; her hair neatly fastened in a French braid, or maybe it was just the strangely unsettling feeling that her parents were watching every single move.
 
It frightened her, and made her question the thin line between what was justifiable and what was bordering on insane.
 
----------------------
 
Three swift knocks on the custom-made door announced the arrival of the servant. "Come in," Yoojin called, gracefully standing in preparation for the usual greetings.
 
Sebastian curtly bowed as he walked through the door. Yoojin's warm chocolate eyes latched onto the young man with his gaze determinedly set on the floor, and she nodded back while offering Sebastian a slight smile.
 
"Hello there," she started, giving the startled Simon a chance to step forward, "my name is Yoojin."
 
Simon was speechless. Although he had been exposed to little things during his stay in his old house, he had never been exposed to a... girl.
 
She was stunning in his eyes, successfully shutting him up as he curiously blinked at her. Her voice was smooth, like velvet, and even almost melodious.
 
Long, black hair that was braided rested at her side as she began conversing with Sebastian in a professional manner. Simon's innocent heart was beating fast, almost like he was running on a trea-
 
"Hello? Servant Park?" Yoojin's voice interrupted his thoughts as he embarrassedly gulped and blushed uncontrollably.
 
"Yes?" he had managed to squeak out, repeating it again in a louder voice when he realized that he has sounded like a mouse.
 
A frown was etched on his face when he realized what the latter part of what she said meant.
 
He realized he would forever be a measly servant. He wouldn't ever be able to live, or to learn to love. Bitterness found its way into the back of Simon's mind.
 
"Hey." his thoughts were interrupted by Princess Yoojin as she lightly touched the top of his hand with a soft smile. "It'll be okay."
 
Her hand was the softest he had ever felt.
 
And just like that, Simon felt himself falling ever-slowly.
 
---------------
Hey guys. :)
I might be updating this story more often now, school's just been super busy. Oddly, I enjoy writing this story more than the other one. Maybe it's because the lack of pressure? Thanks for subscribing though, I hope I don't let you guys down.