Life Couldn't Get Better

Life Couldn't Get Better

He woke up again from the same dream. The image of him standing, singing and dancing together with twelve persons on one stage, fangirls cheering for them the whole time, and staffs frantically moving and keeping an eye on them just to make sure that nothing would go wrong on their live performance, remained a staple on his dreams. Again, he felt something inside him stir up but, he brushed the feeling aside and stretched himself, and started to prepare for another day. And as if his dream wasn't enough to confuse him and make him think about his decisions over again, by the time he stretched himself, his eyes landed on the albums at the corner of his room.

Yes, he kept a copy of each of their group's albums- from the first to the latest- and carefully placed them on a glass cabinet at the corner of the said room. He didn't even forget to keep a copy of their singles, too. And as he finished looking at the albums, again, he felt something inside him stir up. But, like what he did earlier, again, he brushed it off and went to his kitchen.

       -

 Kibum spent most of the day reminiscing about the other members and all the memories that they spent together. He reminisced about the happy and sad times, their childish fights and remembered how much of a child they were. They sure were noisy and annoying at times but he knew that he can't live far from them any longer. And so he didn't ignore anymore whatever it was that was stirring inside him for the past few days and made up his mind. Deep in his heart, he knew that he wanted to come back.

So he grabbed his keys and immediately went to his car and drove and headed for the dorms. It didn't take long for him to arrive since he was driving at the maximum speed allowed by the law. By the time he got off his car, he automatically ran towards the elevator and pressed the button beside it, repeatedly. After a few seconds, the elevator doors opened and he quickly walked inside and pressed the button for the 12th floor.

His heart was beating very fast and it was pounding very hard against his chest. He felt his emotions mix up; he was happy, excited, and nervous at the same time but, anxiousness started growing in him too. What if the members don't accept him back? After all, wasn't he the member who decided to focus on his acting career and not participate on album promotions? What right does he have to come back all of a sudden and share with the current popularity that the group has which the other members managed to gain while he was gone?

A sound that signaled him that he reached his desired floor brought him back to reality. For a moment, he stood there, staring blankly at the metal doors of the enclosed space that he was in but quickly stepped outside when it started to close. He felt his feet grow heavy as the anxiousness inside him grew more. Suddenly, he became uncertain of coming back. When he finally reached the dorm, he pressed a button beside the door and strongly hoped that someone would come out.

       -

"Kids, we don't have much time! We should be at the car within ten minutes!" Leeteuk announced from the other side of the room. They have a fansigning event to attend at Busan and they only have few hours left so he decided to get to the car first. He headed to the door and got surprised upon opening it.

       -

A minute had already passed but no one opened the door so Kibum his heels and started to leave. He was about to take his second step when he heard the door click and someone standing behind it yelled very loudly.

"KIBUM-AAAHHH!!" It was his Leeteuk hyung; still as noisy as ever.

The older threw his arms around Kibum while smiling widely, a dimple visible on his cheek, and hugged him tightly. The younger hugged the leader back and smiled, tears forming in his eyes.

 "Hyung."

Finally, everything felt right to Kibum. It felt so good to finally come back home after being lost for a very long time. And this time, he was certain, he is never leaving again.