Chapter 3

Pizza Prince

 

“So tell me more about you?” said Leeteuk, giving me his casual smile. I started to sweat, I hate interviews. I don’t know how I got my other jobs because I’m really bad at interviews. My hands were shaking and I couldn’t find my voice.

“I… I’m a very hardworking person” yeah, he totally wants to hear that kyuhyun

“I bet you are,” he laughed, “but I want to know about your abilities. What can you do that will benefit me, my company, and our clients? What are you good at?”

I don’t like to talk about myself!!! Can’t you notice? I’m dying here!!!

“Well… I used to work in a restaurant…”

“So you do have experience in the food market?”

“You can say that…”

“What did you do there?” he got a piece of paper and a pen, as if he would like to take notes. Deep down I know he just likes to make me suffer, if I didn’t need this job… “I know you are uncomfortable, but I need to know more, kyuhyun. Don’t look at me as your future boss; think I’m just one of your friends, I don’t mind” and now it the turn of the reassuring smile. I knew he was a good person, sungmin always talks about him and how much he likes this job, and I just couldn’t open so easily.

“Sorry, I’m too shy” I lowered my head in shame; I will definitely get the job in this way.

“I had worse” yeah right! “I really did! I need what you did in your other job, that’s all I want.”

Sigh. Ok, if you say so “I used to be a waiter.”

“BINGO!” oh boy, he was excited “we always need waiters around here, what else?” he wrote down something in his paper.

“I used to clean sometimes too, and in my other job I was a deliver guy”

“Wow, how many jobs did you have?”

“3 jobs; morning, afternoon and night.”

“You really are a hardworking” I laughed this time.  

And something weird happen, I actually talked to him.  We spent 2 hours just talking, and I knew this was the job for me.  But…

“It’s been a lovely talk; you surely seem a good boy. But I’m afraid I can’t give you the job, because… well, because you are a boy.”

WHAT?!! Wait, wait a sec. this guy had me here talking to him for 2 freaking hours and he is not going to give me the job! He said I’m a lovely guy!!! How can he say he won’t give it to me because I’m a boy!!!

"Ok Mr. Park let me get this... you won’t hire me because I'm a boy? What is that supposed to mean?" He can't do this to me! Not now when I need this job so much!!

"I'm afraid that I already have too many females’ customers! They don't want to eat pizza, just salad! What should I do then? Turn this place into a salad bar? That's why from now on I will only hire girls. We have too many boys around.... this quite a disappointment for me too, Mr. Cho. You are a very handsome and charming boy.... but you are not a girl" he said while resting his elbows on his desk and gave me half a smile.

If that's what it takes...

"I think you would like to meet my twin sister, Leeteuk... My identical twin sister, it's like if I was looking into a mirror... Her name is... Kyung-hee"

"Fantastic!! Bring her, Kyuhyun. I will give her the job right away"

"It will be her pleasure..." what did I get myself into? This is what happens when you don’t think before talking kyuhyun!!!!

He shook my hand and we accorded that I will send my “sister” tomorrow in the afternoon.

I walked as fast as I could out of Palace Pizza; I never looked back, not even to the group of girls that giggled when they saw me walk past them.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My parents were fast asleep when I got home. There was a chilling breeze around; I was still wearing the stranger’s jacket. I have to wash it before returning it; it would be rude if I didn’t.  I was on my way to my room when I passed ahra’s and an idea came to me. I turned the knob; it was unlocked so I walked in.

My sister doesn’t live with us, she is married, but my mom never had the heart to throw away her clothes and stuff. She never touched her room; a thin dust layer covered her dresser. I opened the closet and all of her old clothes were still there: her favorite pink dress, her matching yellow skirt with shoes. Kyung-hee was here, in between my sister’s clothes. I took a couple of t-shirts and jeans so I could wash them before I use them, and then I stopped cold. 

Will I really do this? Did I have the nerve to dress up as a girl, wear makeup and pass as my twin sister? I sat on the bed, can you do this kyuhyun?

I ran away from the room, opened the door to the backyard and sat on the grass in the cold of the night. No, I won’t be reducing to this. I refuse to get so low.  My dad’s cough was so loud that I could hear it from here; my mom was moving around the room possibly looking for his medicine, my eyes filled with tears. How could I be so selfish? This wasn’t about me, my dad needs this money.

“Kyuhyun?” my mom stood in the doorway, “what are you doing in the cold? Get inside or you’ll get sick”

“Mom, did you buy the medicine for dad?” she gave me half-smile

“Don’t worry about it honey, get inside.”

“You are missing the money?”

“I’m not, baby, get inside. You need to stay healthy”

“Don’t lie to me!!! How much do you need?”

“Kyuhyun I won’t talk about this now. Don’t talk so loudly, you dad is sleeping. Now get inside, or I’ll lock you out” she closed the door behind her, better listen to her.  I need to dress up anyways.

 I locked the door to my sister’s room after I confirmed that my parents were asleep again. I putted on her jeans, the light blue shirt (with cotton full bras) and my converse.  And old Halloween wig hidden in her closet, and some left over makeup. I always shave in the mornings; I don’t like to have facial hair.  Kyung-hee was standing in front of the mirror. She smirked at me. I took the clothes off and neatly folded them in my room, washed my face, brushed my teeth and lay on my bed. Tomorrow is going to be a big day, I need to rest. 

 

 

Up at 5:00 am I rode my back thought the neighborhood, this was a routine for me. I held the stranger’s jacket and parked in the corner where he accorded to meet. I waited, and waited, and waited…..   Where is he? Is he not coming? My watch told me it’s only been 5 minutes. I’ll wait a little more. I sat against the wall, my bike next to me. 5 more minutes, then I’ll go….

“Wake up….. Wake up…. “Did I fall asleep? “You look very cute, but it’s not good to sleep on the street”

I slowly opened my eyes, stretching my arms to the sky and everywhere. The stranger was in front of me, smiling and so shiny… “Why you so shiny?” I said between a big yawn. His smile got bigger.

“You mean sweaty? I was running, sorry I’m late. “

“Your jacket” I said, giving it to him but he didn’t take it.

“Did you really come just to give me this? Nothing else?”

“Why else would I come?” he pouted and helped me standing up.

“Just to talk to me” is he serious? What is wrong with this guy?

“I don’t know you! Have your mother not tell you can’t talk to strangers?” oh, am I getting smart with such a nice person?

He stretched his hands, “my name is choi siwon. I’m 24 years old and I work as a chef” I shook his hand.

“You are a very strange person.” I smiled to him, he smiled back.

“Can we talk tomorrow?” he asked, “I’m busy today, and I have to go”

“I’ll try” I have to go; kyung-hee has to meet Leeteuk today.

“You have to promise!” he grabbed my hand, stopping me from sitting on my bike.

“Promise?!”

“Pinky promise!” and gave me his pinky, his eyes wide open, waiting. I intertwined my pinky with his. My stomach feels weird.

“See you tomorrow…..”

“Kyuhyun!”

“Kyuhyun” he smiled again before leaving, nice body…  My stomach still feels weird. I think I need to eat something and get some new makeup. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! horray! update!!! I'm so so so so so sorry guys! but I promise I'll update tommorrow too! 

I've been so busy lately that I never had time to write! we are getting to the good part!

Kyung-hee comes out tomorrow!!! yay!!!! :D

Thanks to new subscribers (56!!! O.O) and all the people who comment and have stayed with me! we almost have 1,700 views!!! :D

Sorry for any mistakes u.u SEE YA! ;D