Prompts: Early August {8/17 – 8/24} ‡ Ƈᵁᴿᴿᴱᴺᵀ

ƮᴼᴰᴬУ Ϻᴼᴿᴱ Ʈᴴᴬᴺ ϒᴱᶴᵀᴱᴿᴰᴬУ˸ Ⱳᴿᴵᵀᴵᴺᴳ Ƥᴿᴼᴹᴾᵀᶴ ᵇᵞ Ѕᴬᴿᴬᴺᴳ {Contest Currently Running!}

Hello and welcome to Contest #1, Early August!


Here are some important dates to remember:

Friday, August 17th - The contest starts!

Friday, August 24th - The submission box closes. No submissions will be accepted after midnight.

Tuesday, August 28th - A poll will open to decide the overall, popular winner.

Friday, August 31st- The winners of Contest # 1, Early August will be announced.

Friday, August 31st - Contest #2, Early September begins with a set of new prompts.


Prompt #1

{ EXO Theme 1/12 } Baekhyun: Light

Without you, I cannot see

Let there be light, and there were you

The light that falls into your eyes blind me

 

Byun Baek Hyun, main vocalist, second oldest member of EXO-K

Wielder of Light

This prompt encompasses anything that has to do with the theme of "Light."

The word "light" may refer to any of its uses, whether it be archetypal, metaphorical, or literal. The character you use does not necessarily have to be Baekhyun; feel free to use any character you wish. Your story does not have to come from the three quotes I have provided you with above; they are merely examples to help you brainstorm possible ideas within the prompt. You are allowed to use these exact phrases in your story, if you so choose, as they were thought up by me and I am giving it out for public use without need for any credit. You'll win personal points with me if you do manage to weave them cleverly into your story, although it is not required for you to do so.

 


Prompt #2

{ Lyrics Theme } "Back & Forth," The Foo Fighters

Once upon a time I was somebody else
In another life, I saw myself
Way back then, back when I was you

Deer in the headlights, spoke in the wheel
You want pretend, I need for real

Does my heaven burn like hell on you?

 

This prompt encompasses anything that pertains to the song "Back & Forth" by The Foo Fighters.

It is not required of you to use the lines of lyrics chosen above; they are there to pinpoint possible lines of inspiration for your story. You may, of course, use any of the lyrics in the song not mentioned here, or use the song as a whole for the basis of your story.

 


Prompt #3

{ No Theme } Coming to Terms

  In the months following his girlfriend’s death, a man tries to come to terms with living in the space between heaven and hell.  

 

This prompt encompasses anything that has to do with a character dealing with the death of a significant other.

The characters you use do not have to be one male and one female; you may subsitute "man" with "woman" and/or "girlfriend" with "boyfriend," and you can have the woman mourning over her boyfriend instead of the other way around. The relationship status does not necessarily have to be a dating relationship; it could be a married couple, a divorced couple, or even a sibling relationship. There is also no requirement for the ending and whether or not the character succeeds in coming to terms with life/death. It is really entirely up to you and your interpretation.

 


 

Happy Writing!

Remember to check the About section and the Rules section, if you haven't already!

Good luck, and happy writing, everyone! I look forward to reading everyone's submissions!

 

Submit

{ click to be redirected to the submission form }

 

 

- navigation -


<< Back to Hall of Fame                  PROMPTS: EARLY AUGUST       Continue to Submissions List >>