About

ƮᴼᴰᴬУ Ϻᴼᴿᴱ Ʈᴴᴬᴺ ϒᴱᶴᵀᴱᴿᴰᴬУ˸ Ⱳᴿᴵᵀᴵᴺᴳ Ƥᴿᴼᴹᴾᵀᶴ ᵇᵞ Ѕᴬᴿᴬᴺᴳ {Contest Currently Running!}

Hello, you !

Since you are here, chances are you're looking for some inspiration or, a challenge! Thankfully, this shop (if you can call it such) combines writing prompts with bi-monthly contests to fuel your creative and/or competitive soul!

Now that I've defined the purpose of this shop/prompt collection, let's go over the details.

 

01 } TMTY serves primarily as a prompt collection

While the release of prompts does function as a writing contest of sorts in that a favorite story among multiple submissions will be featured, the main purpose of this shop is to provide writers like you with a source of ideas.

02 } New sets of prompts will be released every other Friday

Pretty self explanatory, right? The first set of prompts for each month will have the word "Early" preceding the name of the month, while the second set will have the word "Late." For example, the first set coming out tomorrow would be under the name "Early August Prompts" because it will be released in the earlier half of the month. Naming the prompt sets in this way will help minimize confusion.

03} Deadlines are at midnight on the following Friday

I will be lenient on this aspect, as I understand that it may be impossible for you to get your submission in on time due to certain circumstances. Submissions that are over a day late will not be considered for the contest, however. Hey, I have to draw the line somewhere!

04 } Submissions will be accepted past the deadline but not as part of the contest

Any work submitted after the period of the contest will be included in an updated list of stories under the corresponding prompt. An archive, I guess we can call it.

05 } Prompt topics are inclusive of all genres

There will rarely, if ever, be any required genres for any prompt. Obviously, certain prompts will be targeted toward or even easier write in different moods or genres (i.e. angst vs fluff), but the prompt set will 1) include a mixture of "happy" and "sad" and 2) should be thought provoking and maybe even new or innovative (that is if I succeed in reaching that goal)! There may even be a running theme that will be one of the prompts in each set. For example, there will be a prompt under the quotes/lyrics theme, as well as one featuring EXO!

06 } Reviews may be given upon request

When requested as part of the submission, I will personally look over your work and review it. The only works I will review are the ones submitted and accepted in time for the contest. These reviews will be more informal, with no grading scale or rubric. You can think of it as an informal, more general review that would give you my honest opinion of the story, points I liked, parts that require further revision, as well as my overall thoughts. Of course, you don't have to ask for feedback, but I offer it to anyone who would like it. These reviews will most likely be sent in either a PM or a blog post.

Crediting of my reviews will not be required, though it would be generous to include it somewhere in your story. Also, please do not rush me on this as it is a service I am providing casually. I will try to be as timely as possible, but we all know that life loves to get in the way of things we want to do. I'm still a human. After all, no one would make a robot that looks like this and is this lazy and retarded lol. Plus, if I were actually a robot, I'd be in the corner of my room, questioning if my whole life had been a lie, before going out and seeing if I have jet boosters.

07 } Prompts are targeted at one-shots

That is not to say that you can't write a two-shot, three-shot, or even a short fiction, however. Prompts given are intended for up to three shots, but if a particular prompt happens to give you enough inspiration, you will not be kicked out of the contest. However, for the sake of time, I will not review any story that exceeds three chapters. Your story will still be in the running for the contest and will be included in the archive, however. So feel free to submit all your poems, drabbles, one-two-three-shots, and epics!

08 } A poll of the top submissions will be provided in the middle of a grading week to decide popular winner

The group of top submissions will range from anywhere between 2 to 5 stories, all depending on the number of submissions. Stories that go under "top submissions" are chosen as a way to separate the superior works from the ordinary ones. All the basic elements of writing go into deciding if a story is worthy for this top tier, including but not limited to: grammar and spelling (a given), vocabulary, writing style, plot, and anything else that would put you above the standard bar.

A "grading week" refers to the period starting from the deadline of the contest to the announcement of the winner (see below).

09 } Winners will be announced the day before or the day of the new contest

10 } There will be multiple winners

Since there are multiple prompts, there will be winners for each prompt. One story will be chosen, however that represents the "popular" winner over the submissions for all prompts. This title is to be considered another category of "winner." It does not mean that it is necessarily the best out of everyone. Another "winning" title will be given to the submission that is my personal favorite!

11 } Prizes may be discussed personally through PM

I'll be honest. There isn't much I can offer you in terms of prizes. I can do graphics, one-shots, and maybe trailers. I'll offer these options to the overall, popular winner, while the others may only be able to choose from graphics or karma points. Please understand that if I were to do one-shots for all the winners every other week, I would have no time for much else. I'd still like to get in a few updates of my own stories while keeping up this contest.

12 } TMTY is for your benefit

Coming full circle now, the existence of this fic/shop/whatever you want to call it is to help inspire and challenge so that you may improve as a writer. I'm a firm believer in writing to get better at writing. And trust me, there will be progress! Just power through and continue writing and rewriting and writing some more! Writing can be so frustrating at times, but that shows the beginnings of a great writer! It means that you won't settle for anything less than your best. I'll get off my soapbox of sorts now lol. But again, I stress that this is to help facilitate the writing process for anyone who may need it. I'll even participate sometimes, though I won't enter it in as part of the contest.

 

 

 

Any questions? Just ask!

 

 

 

- navigation -


ABOUT                                           Continue to Rules >>