Chapter 3

Can You Love Me?

Don't worry guys, I'm going to stick to the original plot, but I will add some scenes or change a scene.

 

Jin Ae's POV

"What is going on here!" My eyes widened as the principal entered the scene.

"Kyungsoo! What are you doing to Kai!?" The principal demanded.

D.O. let Kai go.

"Are you okay, Kai? Should I punish him for almost hurting one of my best students?" The principal asked Kai in an adoring way.

"No need. Just a couple of brainless students bothering me."

"Mwoh! Brainless?! Aish!" D.O. shouted as he went towards Kai again, but got held back by the principal.

Kai smirked and pointed at the school chart where they show the percentages of how the student body is doing in school. 

"The red represents the top 4%, up to 31% is the orange color, yellow color is for the possibility to finish high school in four years (one year more) and green represents the students hanging around just because. You fall under purple which means you are an embarrassment to the school, as the principle says." Kai says in a calm matter.

"Although signs like that are put up, some of you laugh at it." Kai turns towards me. "This makes me wonder if you don't have a brain or couldn't be bothered to succeed in life. Woman like you, brainless or frivolous, are repulsive to me." With that Kai walks away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After lunch, I spent the rest of the day like a zombie. My friends kept trying to cheer me up so I put on the best fake smile I can and trudged through the day while listening to people talk about what happened at lunch.

I walked home with Mi Young to her house. When we arrived, I see my dad standing next to our car.

"What's going on appa?" I asked him.

"We are going to live at my best friend's house for a while." He said excitedly.

"Awwwww" Mi Young said while pouting.

"Let's go, I said thanks to Mi Young's parents already, we need to get moving! Thanks Mi Young." My dad said as he went into the car.

"Thanks Mi Young." I whispered before getting into the car.

When we got there, it was dark already. The house was huge! My dad and I went to the front door with our luggage and I saw their family name plaque. 'Kim' it said.

*Great, another reminder about Kai.* Kai's family name is also Kim.

Before my dad could ring the door bell, the door flung open to reveal a plump man with a slim, pretty woman. They both had a wide smile on their face as they said "Welcome!"

"Dae Hyun!! It's been a long time." The plump man said as he and my dad hugged each other.

"This must be your daughter, Jin Ae! Aigoo you are so pretty." The slim woman said while hugging me.

"Thank you." I said with a smile. *They are really friendly*

"Come in, come in." The woman said.

"Oh wait, I forgot something in the car." I said shyly.

"Really? Go get it quickly then." The woman smiled while looking up the staircase.

I ran out the door to the car and opened the car door. I grabbed my book bag and my stuffed animal panda.(hehe Tao) 

"I hope life gets easier." I whispered to the panda.

"Do you need any help?" Someone said suddenly.

"Nope." I said turning around which made me gasp.

My eyes widened. "YOU!" I pointed at Kai. "What are you doing here?!"

I suddenly remembered the plaque with the family name.

"No no no no no. This can't be happening." I panicked while pinching my cheeks.

"Unfortunately, it is." Kai said while walking back to the house.

*Okay, I need to escape. Should I call Yun Hee or Mi Young? Aish, no, I can't leave my father.*

Reluctantly, I closed the car door and dragged my feet slowly to the front door which began to look like the gateway to somewhere dangerous.

*Ottoke, why is this happening?! Does the world hate me! Did I do something wrong?*