Chapter 1

The Longest Goodbye - A Sarcastic Comedy

 

There is something about the air at night that just seems to calm peoples emotions. Like some kind of freaky voodoo, mumbo jumbo magic was going on. It gets into your soul and suddenly you are just calm.... Emotions seem distant and the world non existent. This was just the reason Leeteuk and Yesung were sitting outside despite the chill in the air. Yesung had his head resting softly in Leeteuk’s lap, staring straight ahead. Just a little longer like this... He thought to himself. Just a little longer with Teukie... He shivered a bit and nudged a bit further towards Leeteuk for warmth.

 

“... As much as I appreciate the leg warmer...” Leeteuk started, clearing his throat. “I really do think you should stop laying on me... We are in a park.”

“Oh! Right!” Yesung jumped up and sat awkwardly next to his leader, fidgeting.

“What would we do if a fan saw us?” Leeteuk said in feigned outrage. Yesung’s face was filled with horror. “Can you imagine it? It will be Yeteuk this, Yeteuk that! Aiishh! Jongwoon really think before you do!” The younger man nodded still horrified and unable to notice the sarcasm in the older man’s voice.

 

A dimpled smile crept across the leader’s face as he watched, out of the corner of his eye, Yesung turn red with embarrassment and lift his scarf over his face. Leeteuk liked the cute Yesung, not that people got to see it a lot apart from Yesung’s multitude of selcas littered all over his twitter account. His dongsaeng always tried to look “cool” in front of the other members only to fail miserably and be considered the weird one who talks to his turtles and touches the lips of all the members... while they slept. You would think that by now he would have let loose his aegyo on everyone like Ryeowook and Sungmin. He shuddered at the thought of Yesung going up to the other Suju members doing “bbuing-bbuing” and saying “Oppa” in an irritating squeaky voice. That is almost as bad as Shindong and his bbuing-bbuing... The leader looked down at his shoes lightly kicking the rocks on the ground.

 

“I wish...” the younger man began, breaking the silence that had fallen. “I wish you didn’t have to go Hyung...”

“Me neither.” Leeteuk turned and looked at Yesung. “But I have to you know?”

 

He lent over and planted a light kiss on Yesung’s cheek before announcing that they should probably best head back to the dorms. His dongsaeng nodded sharply and slowly rose from his spot on the park bench. The leader held out a gloved hand towards Yesung.

 

“Come one. I have a bad feeling things aren’t going too well back at the family home.”

 

-------

 

A loud roar filled the air of the dorms and shook the Suju members who were all quietly enjoying their dinner. Each one looked up and waited silently. Doors slammed and things were thrown. At their places at the table, the members watched as various things were thrown from the hallway. Just as Donghae walked in helping to serve food a pair of bright green boxers, with Eunhae emblazoned on them, flew from the hallway and landed on Siwon’s head. Delicately he pulled them off their perch and glanced down at them with a judgmental look.

 

“...Eunhae...” Siwon stressed every syllable.

“Oh! I have been looking for those everywhere!” Donghae blurted out happily and took them from Siwon. “Thank you! Where ever did you find them?”

The table went silent once more. “On...my head.” Siwon replied with a hint of annoyance.

“Really, Siwon, a guy like you wearing another man’s underwear on his head!” Donghae said as he walked back to the kitchen holding the boxers.

“Before anyone says anything... I have nothing to do with those boxers.” Eunhyuk stated with his hands up.

 

Suddenly from the hallway Kangin appeared red hot with anger and yelling at the top of his voice. In only a towel. Suju members left, right and center were covering their face. Poor Siwon got the short end of the straw. As he turned he was directly face to... indelicate parts with Kangin. The pious man went a shade of grey and fell back in shock.

 

“Where the heck did Leeteuk go?” Kangin roared, punching the nearest thing... the salad bowl. “Someone tell me where he went!”

“Don’t punch the salad!” Donghae whinged from the doorway to the kitchen.

Kangin froze and looked around at the sea of faces and Siwon’s unconscious body. “Where the heck is Yesung?”

Kyuhyun who had been ignoring the whole situation for the past half hour finally spoke in a rude and bored way, “He went out with Leeteuk to the park.” The maknae picked up a piece of meat with his chopsticks, ate it and made no effort to make eye contact with his hyung. “Well I am off to play Starcraft.”

 

As Kyuhyun left the room rolling his eyes, Kangin proceeded to yell again incited by the evil maknae who had only just left the room. A small but very audible yawn erupted from a large collection of bean bags in the corner of the room causing all the members to once again return to silence. From among the mass appeared the forgotten Sungmin decked out in a very adorkable pink bunny suit complete with fluffy tail and whiskers. With another little yawn, the man stumbled sleepily over to the table where he plopped himself between Ryeowook and Shindong. With a grogy look in his tired eyes he turned to Ryeowook.

 

“Hyuuuuuuuunnnnnggggg” Sungmin moaned half asleep, and pointing to his mouth for food. Ryeowook with a very embarrassed face picked up a piece of kimchi and popped it in Sungmin’s mouth, who happily chewed on it. Still half asleep.

 

Sungmin then turned to Shindong and attempted to make the older food-loving man feed him as well, only to be pushed off. The younger bunny man fell to the ground where he once again fell asleep.

 

“Well... I feel used.” Piped up Ryeowook with a comically straight face as he picked at his food. He was unsure as to whether to use the same chopsticks he just fed the pink bunny with.

 

The drama of the dorm was still raging on as Leeteuk and Yesung entered the threshold, finally letting go of each others hands... Shizz buiscuits were about to go down. As if he had supernatural hearing, Kangin careened towards Leeteuk at an alarming speed. Scared he was going to be sent to turtle heaven, Yesung managed to press himself up against the wall behind as much as possible in order not to get walloped by the large angry man. Kangin took the leader in his arms and began to hug him very tight.

 

“Damn you Teukie! Going off and not telling me!” The man was trying to hold back tears. “What are you trying to do? Tear this family apart. Every family needs an umma.”

“I wasn’t trying to do anything!” Leeteuk replied wriggling out of Kangin’s hold. “I just needed fresh air.”

 

The men headed towards the kitchen. As they did Kangin looked over his shoulder and glared at Yesung. He pointed to his own eyes with two fingers and spun his hand around to point at Yesung with one. I am watching you... Always watching you.. Don’t touch my Teukie, . Was what the gesture and expression combination said. It sent a shiver down Yesung’s back. He had to make sure now that he wasn’t stuck in the same room. alone, with Kangin.. or he would be dead for sure.