Fall

The Best Way to Fall

 

You can fall from a tree…~

“Whee~” the little girl yelled in glee as she climbed slowly up onto the lowest branch of a tree.

“Dara! Don’t climb so high! What if you fall?” Bom squinted at her little friend. Dara was having too much fun sitting up there, looking at the birds currently nesting. Curiously, she peered into the nest, her eyes wide and sparkling as she gazed longingly at the baby chicks inside.

“Dara!” Bom yelled again, desperately looking to CL for help. Dara looked down at the small figures of her friends.

“Bommie! Come! You must see this!” She said happily, clapping her hands as she swayed her legs around in glee. Bom looked helplessly at the joyous girl.

“Dara, honey, come down now, you can hurt yourself like that!” CL reasoned with the older girl. Pouting at her, Dara shook her head, a chubby finger pointed to the nest. She fixed her gaze on the birds in the nest, her eyes widening as the chicks opened their little beaks, chirping softly.

“Bommie!” She exclaimed, turning around.

“DARA!” Her friends yelled as they watched her slowly lose her grip on the tree trunk, her face a clear mask of shock as she slowly fell, toppling off the tree, landing on the ground with a loud thud.

Her friends stood in front of her, fear in their eyes as they watched her with bated breath…

“Unhhhh…” Dara’s lower lip started to tremble as blood slowly oozed out from a cut. She burst into tears as the pain hit her. “it hurts!” she howled, crying loudly. Bom and CL approached her slowly, trying to help her to her feet.

“Come one Dara, we’ll bring you to Jiyong oppa…come now…” CL comforted the little girl. Jiyong was their oppa, a good 5 years older than them. Dara nodded, hobbling slowly.

***

“Dara yah…you have to listen to Bommie and CL next time neh? To fall from a tree…” Jiyong oppa smiled at Dara, putting a smileyfaced bandaid on her cuts. Dara grinned happily, showing her cute dimples as she put her arms around the older boy’s neck, hugging him tightly

“Thank you oppa!” she said happily, oblivious to the smile he wore for her.

 

You can fall from the Sky…~

“Jiyong oppa!” Dara yelled, pulling the older guy’s hand…Jiyong smiled at her enthusiasm…she was too cute to be 15.

“Look oppa!” she exclaimed, pointing at a bird nest. “That’s what I was looking at that time so many years ago…then I fell…”she said, turning to face him.

Laughing, she twirled around the vast landscape, prancing around and dancing slowly. Jiyong settled himself down on the soft grass, thinking as he gazed affectionately at the girl.

“AH!” she yelled, causing him to sit up in shock.

He glanced at her, laughing slightly. The clumsy girl had tripped over herself, falling face down in the grass. Sitting up she spluttered, spewing grass everywhere. He went over to her, wiping the grass from .

She pouted at him,” Why do you keep saving me when I fall?”

He looked at her, smiling to himself…

Because…

 

 

Because…

The best way to fall is into me…~

“The best way to fall is into me…” he murmured to her. She looked at him, frowning slightly…

“Huh? “ She asked, looking at him.

He smiled at her…

“I said, the best way to fall is to fall into me.” He repeated softly, his eyes twinkling as he held the girl in his arms. Dara’s eyes widened at his words and she grinned shyly.

“Ah, oppa! I know you want to be a knight in shining armour but not like that right!” she giggled, causing Jiyong to laugh in disbelief at her cluelessness.

“Wae..why are you laughing at me?” she mumbled shyly, slapping his hand playfully. Jiyong smiled warmly at her, taking one of her hands into his, gently caressing her soft skin…slowly, he placed her hand over his chest – right where his heart was.

“Can you feel it beating, Dara?” He asked softly, looking at her wide eyes. She glanced from him to her hand, her eyes wide. She nodded her head, “that’s cuz you’re alive.” Jiyong chuckled lightly and nodded,” Yes…I’m alive. But what’s the reason of it beating so hard and fast Dara yah?”

She pursed her lips for a second, ”Is it cuz you’re panting? Wait. You’re not. I don’t know. Why?” He pulled the innocent little girl into his arms, playing with her hair.

“Because I love you.” He simply said, causing her eyes to lit up. “You do?” she asked, prancing around the vast land again. He nodded at her, enjoying how energetic she looked.

“I heard from Bommie that if you’re in love,  they kiss!” she said happily, sitting beside Jiyong, her face close to his.

“You want me to kiss you?” he chuckled, watching as her face turned red a she blushed.

“Dara…I will but do you love me?” he asked her quietly, watching as emotions played on her face…Dara scrunched her brows, thinking hard. Jiyong couldn’t believe that Dara could be that cute…she even had to think about whether she liked someone!

“Yes, oppa! I think I love you!” she said, bobbing her head up and down, smiling blissfully. “Now what?” she asked him.

He chuckled. “ you just have to fall in love with me.” Without another word, he pulled her to lie down beside him, cupping her face gently, he pressed his lips down on hers softly, feeling her soft lips under his. Jiyong started to kiss her sweetly, feeling her arms wound tightly around him.

“Oppa…” she panted as they broke apart, “ I think I’ve fallen for you.”