Deal with the Devil

Havoc in the Heart

 

Youngwoon dreamt of Jungsu that night.

He came home after 4 am. Honestly, he didn't know what Heechul would decide. But he didn't want to work with Narcissus. And it went against what he believed in. Everyone should follow the law. It's there for a reason damn it.

But a part of him did want to see Jungsu again. Youngwoon angrily threw his jacket on the couch and headed to the bathroom. Why were his feelings towards Jungsu so complicated?

Because you still care. A voice inside Youngwoon's head told him.

" my life," Youngwoon washed his face at the bathroom sink and took off his shirt, not bothering to change into pajamas.

He lied down on his bed and closed his eyes. He waited for sleep to come but it didn't. He tossed and turned for about an hour and finally slipped into his subconscious.

A sound of laughter was heard. Youngwoon looked around. He was at the sea shore. He heard the laughter again and turned to see Jungsu.

Jungsu's hair was darker and it seemed to give a rise in his complexion. Youngwoon watched Jungsu laughed his high pitched laugh as he ran through the water. His cute dimple was apparent in his cheek and his eyes wrinkled when he laughed.

Jungsu turned and ran towards Youngwoon. He picked up Jungsu and twirled him around. Jungsu screamed with happiness and it made Youngwoon laugh too. He lowered Jungsu and leaned in...

"GAH!" Youngwoon woke up with a jolt. A loud buzzing sound was going off in his apartment. He looked at the nightstand and realized it was his alarm.

With a loud groan, he shut the alarm. 7 flippin am. Youngwoon got off the bed and went to get ready. His head was still spinning because of the dream.

Youngwoon parked his car outside and went inside SMPA. Instead of going to his cabin, he directly went to Heechul's cabin.

He knocked three times and peeked inside. Jin-ki and Jaejoong were already there, and they did not look happy.

"Ah, Youngwoon. You're here," Heechul said in a bitter tone. Youngwoon looked at Heechul. He was staring at the black card intensely, as if hoping to burn it with his eyes.

"It seems that we have to show our full support to Narcissus and help them bring a criminal to justice," Heechul imitated the tone of Senior Superintendent General Park In-Su. The guy must have encouraged accepting the offer. Practically, it meant that they had to say yes.

"Then I will not be involved," Jin-ki said flatly, "I cannot throw away my principles and work with people who don't give a crap about the law," Jaejoong nodded his head in agreement.

"You think I want to either?!" Heechul stood up and banged his hand on the table, "Even I have principles Mr. Lee Jin-ki. But we have no ing choice!" Heechul glared at Jin-ki who lowered his gaze.

"All of you are going to co-operate with me otherwise I will remove you of your position," The three inspectors flinched. Heechul never joked about taking their positions.

"Yes sir," The three inspectors said half-heartedly. Youngwoon was worried about the outcome of this.

Heechul picked up the landline on his table, "Now if you're done complaining, go back and inform the rest. I have to make a deal with the devil,"

***

"Wookie, that hurts," Leeteuk grunted as the young doctor stretched out his arm.

Ryeowook, the Head Doctor of Narcissus, sniffed as he realized how badly injured Leeteuk was.

Leeteuk pinched the adorable man's cheeks, "I'm fine. Please stop crying,"

"I'm not crying," He adorably denied. Ryeowook put Leeteuk's arm back into place, "It's a good thing the shoulder was only dislocated,"

Suddenly the automatic doors slid open and Eunhyuk and Siwon came rushing in like the kids they were.

"Teukie hyung~" Both of them shouted in excitement. Ryeowook put a finger to his lips and they both copied him.

"Teukie hyung~" This time they whispered and ran to Leeteuk's side.

"How are you? I was so worried!" Eunhyuk said.

"I'm fine. Kyu told me that you told him about SMPA going to the warehouse. How did you find out?"

"Remember the informant we sent into Kwang-Ho's drug cartel? He sent a message saying that Kwang-Ho already sold the drugs because the SMPA found out about the drugs’ location,"

Leeteuk raised an eyebrow, "And I wonder how he found out about SMPA's move,"

"Maybe there's a mole in there," said Ryeowook who was busy cleaning the bruises on Leeteuk's arm with disinfectant.

"Maybe. Anything's possible with the SMPA-OUCH!" Leeteuk cried when Ryeowook rubbed the disinfectant on his cheek. He shot an apologetic look towards Leeteuk and continued rubbing it.

The automatic doors slid open again and Leeteuk saw Hankyung and Zhou Mi enter the Medical Floor.

Hankyung looked happy while Zhou Mi had a worried expression.

"They agreed, didn't they?" Leeteuk asked with a heavy feeling in his chest.

"Yup. Mr. Kim's going to come tomorrow with his inspectors," Hankyung said with a grin.

Everyone except Leeteuk smiled, "Good to know. Wookie, Siwon, Mi and Hyukkie, could you please step out for a while. I need to have a chat with Hankyung,"

"But I have yet to-" Ryeowook began. Leeteuk shot him a look and he sighed.

"Fine. But don't take too long," The four of them stepped out, leaving the older ones to talk.

"Hannie," Leeteuk said using an old nickname. He patted down the chair next to him, "Take a seat,"

Hankyung sat down next to his Hyung, "Why did you go to the SMPA last night?"

Hankyung made a confused expression, "To get you out, obviously,"

Leeteuk raised an eyebrow, "But you could've sent Zhou Mi for that. Hell, you could've even sent Kibum,"

"You had the idea for making the deal earlier didn't you? It had nothing to do with my arrest, right?" Leeteuk continued. Hankyung bowed his head down and nodded.

"Why?" Hankyung looked up and Leeteuk noticed a fire in his eyes.

"When I got the information that Kwang-Ho had already evaded SMPA's attack, I realized that he must've gotten the Intel from a mole. A person very high up,"

"And you want to find out who he is,"

"Yes. No matter how many times we destroy the drugs, Kwang-Ho keeps coming back. It's not possible to do that without having official help. I can't let that guy destroy the country that my father once saved,"

"Have I made a mistake?" Hankyung asked. Leeteuk was the only person he could share his insecurities with.

"No. In fact, you've made a wise choice. Chang-Hee nim would be proud,"Hankyung grinned at the last compliment and sighed. “Sometimes I think Appa should've chosen you as the CEO,"

Leeteuk laughed, "No way. I can't sit behind a desk and give out orders. I need to be out there. I'm a hot-blooded person you know,"

Hankyung patted Leeteuk's knee and stood up, "I'll go now. Have to prepare for tomorrow,"

Leeteuk gave a thumbs-up sign and watched Hankyung leave. As soon as he was out of sight, Leeteuk leaned back in his chair and sighed.

Hankyung had every reason to do what he wanted to do. But it meant that Leeteuk had to face Kangin and work with him. Leeteuk had succeeded at moving on from him years ago. But seeing him again... It just made him wonder if he really ever moved on

" my life," He said.

***

Heechul drove his car around the corner. The three inspectors at the back gripped their seats tightly. As much as they respected their Senior Superintendent, no one would ever, like literally, ever want to drive with Heechul.

"It was supposed to be here," Heechul said as he sped through the street. He remembered his short conversation with Hankyung.

"Hello?" It was Zhou Mi. Heechul recognized the flawless voice instantly.

"This is Kim Heechul. I would to like to speak with Mr. Hankyung,"

"Alright," A long beep rang and Hankyung's voice was heard.

"So you accept my offer," He said conclusively.

Heechul was flabbergasted, "How are you so sure that I'm going to accept?"

"You wouldn't have called otherwise," said Hankyung.

At that moment Heechul was tempted to decline and hang up. But his responsibilities kept him from doing so.

Heechul swallowed his oh-so-great pride, "Yes I'm willing to co-operate with you. When can we meet?"

"Tomorrow. Come to the Gimhae building by morning,"

Heechul waited, "And? What floor should I go to? It's a huge skyscraper you know,"

Hankyung laughed, "My assistant will be there to receive you," And then he hung up. But before that Heechul could his laughter in the background.

"Finally," Heechul muttered as he reached the black tower building. The place was higher than SMPA.

Zhou Mi stepped through the revolving glass doors and headed over to the four men from SMPA.

"Welcome to Narcissus HQ,"

------------------

Thank you to subscribers and commenters. And I promise kangteuk interaction from next chap onwards. It maybe bitter at first but i'll try my best to make it sweet. <3<3

Mianhe for any mistakes