I'm yours

I'm yours

*eun bin pov*

Seung ho says he's working late tonight so I've already fed the boys and we're sitting in the living room. Eun ho and Eun so are playing on the floor before me while I sketch them. There's a light tap on the dor and ajumma is before me.

"Mistress, there's a guest at the door."

I furrow my brow in confusion. Who could possibly be here? "Will you watch the boys, ajjuma?" I say to ajumma who nods her head. As I walk out of the room I hear Eun so call to me. I turn and see him running up behind me with his little eyebrows knitted together.

"Me go too." He says so I pick him up and head for the door.

When I walk into the main hallway I see someone I thought I would never see again in this lifetime. Meng Sechang is standing there wearing expensive suit and studying one of the pictures that's hanging on the wall.

"What are you doing here?" Is he crazy? Seung ho will kill him if he sees him.

His head snaps to mine, he has an unreadable expression on his face as he approaches me. "annyeong eun bin-ah. How are you?" He asks.

He stands in front of me and puts his hands in his pockets. I stare at him with my mouth open. I can't believe this. Why is he here? He's going to ruin everything! It's been two years, why can't he leave me alone?

"Sechang oppa, you should leave." I try to keep my answer blunt and emotionless. I'm not as good at it as Seung ho is. "If he catches you here…"

I let my sentence trail off. "gwenchana," He says. "He'll be at work for another hour."

"What's going on? Why are you here?" I'm confused.

"We have finally been able to sort things out. Things are going back to how they should be." He brings a hand up and runs it through his hair, a gesture that I thought was so endearing once upon a time. I surprised that it doesn't do anything for me now.

"And…" Eun so starts fidgeting around in my arms so I place him on the ground.

"We've been arresting murderers and trying them for Crimes. We know that Yoo seung ho was a murderer but we haven't been able to come up with any damnable evidence against him. The duel we had at the can't be considered unlawful since I was fighting back. I think people are too afraid of him to come out." He looks at me with sad eyes that I know want to relive better times. "If you came in… if you made a statement and testified against him I know that we would have enough on him to arrest him and put him away."

I stare at him blankly. I don't know what to say. I was finally reaching this level of normalcy that I've been craving and Seung ho has been wonderful. Well, as wonderful as Seung ho can be anyway. Eun so starts tugging on Sechang's leg trying to get his attention.

"Eun so-yah, stop that." I say as I pull him away.

I look up and see that Sechang is smiling sadly at him. I suddenly remember his words from the first day I was at the cottage so long ago… 'I hate him for stealing my life.' I know that's what he sees when he sees me and my son.

"oppa, I don't know if I can… He's my husband."

Something flashes in Sechang's eyes. I can tell he's getting upset and I notice his fists clench. "Not by choice, eun bin-ah. You've been stuck with him for such a long time. Now you can finally be free."

"I made a promise… Don't you remember?" I did it to save his life, he better remember.

"Yes, but that doesn't matter now." He walks up to me and places his arms around my body. "Things can be good again, I promise."

"Hey," Eun so's voice sounds angry and we both stare down at him as he puts his little hands on his hips. "You not touch her."

I give my son a sad smile; he's around Seung ho too much. I step out of his arms and I note the hurt look in his eyes. "oppa, I lo…" I can't finish the sentence when I see the sad look on his face. "I mean, he's the father of my children. I've been with him for so long… I just can't do this to him."

"Do you not want to leave? Eun bin-ah, He's tortured and killed people… remember what he did to you when he locked you in that room? suzy told me about the bruises." His voice is sharp as his eyes flick down my body.

I'm about to answer when I hear footsteps outside the door. Seung ho. I look at Sechang with panic in my eyes and push him into the suit closet. Shutting the door in his face before he has a chance to say anything. I don't want them to fight in front of me or the baby and I don't want either of them to die.

"appa!" Eun so screams as Seung ho opens the door shaking the rain out of his hair. He looks amazing… If Sechang wasn't in the closet I'd probably pounce on him. Eun so charges him and wraps his arms around his legs in a death grip. Seung ho ruffles his hair and starts to undo his suit.

"Here let me do that for you." I say as I walk up to him and start unclasping his suit. A small smile plays on his lips.

"Did you miss me that much, chagiya? Had to charge me at the door?"

I take the suit off his shoulders and kiss his cheek, "I'm just glad you're home." I whisper. I don't want him to get suspicious. As I pull back I notice the suggestive look in his eye as he raises his eyebrow.

"Hide seek, appa!" Eun so calls.

"I just got home, kiddo. Maybe we'll play later."

Seung ho starts walking away so he can go further into the house. I watch him, with his suit draped in my arms, waiting until I can let out my breath.

Eun so grabs his hand. "No. Hide seek, now!" he says and starts pulling him towards the closet where Sechang is hiding. My eyes widen and my heart starts to skip a few beats.

"eun so-yah, appa doesn't want to play… why don't you show him the drawing you did today." I say quickly.

"Yeah," says Seung ho as he starts pulling him out of the room by the hand. "Why don't you show appa what you did today?"

When I know he's completely out of ear shot I run to the closet and open the door. Sechang is standing there with his arms crossed and his eyes narrowed.

"Please, don't say anything. I didn't want anyone getting hurt." I say. "Will you leave now?"

Sechang lowers his head in defeat and steps out. "Fine, I'll leave, but promise me you'll think about it. Everyone misses you."

I guess I owe him that much. "ne, oppa… I will."

I step closer to him and give him a hug. When I try to pull back I notice some resistance on his part. When I finally do manage to pull away he bends down and kisses my forehead.

"I'm not giving up on you, Eun bin-ah." he whispers.

He leaves the house and I'm left standing, staring after him.

"I wish you would." I say.

X

*seung ho pov*

This is the third letter that Meng sechang has sent her this week. He was there that night! He knows that she promised never to talk to him again! I rip the letter open to see the same thing he's written in the last letters.

After meng sechang killed our leader, he become head of the growing police department and he's collecting murderers like it's a hobby. He's been after me for a year, but with a few well placed threats and blackmail, no ones come out against me.

I notice something in this letter that makes me stop and take another look. He always says the same boring things about how he misses her, if she's doing well, if she wants to leave me… and he always tells her how much he loves her, to my annoyance. He is a moron, he really is. Does he really think that I wouldn't intercept these? I don't let her read the letters. The letter come straight to my office and she is usually never in there so when anyone sends her something I usually just throw it away.

The thing that catches my eye about this letter is one sentence. 'I hope you're considering what I told you.' What does that mean? Has she talked to him? I spared his stupid life and that was one of the only things I asked for in return. When did this happen? Did she get one of his letters and start writing back to him? Has she been meeting up with him when I go to work?

I bang my fist against my desk and close my eyes. I need to control my anger, she tells me this all the time, but how can I do that when she does something like this? I put the letter in my pocket and storm out of the room to find her.

X

*eun bin pov*

I just put the boys down for a nap. Eun so has been so excited to take naps lately because he finally has a 'big boy' bed like Eun ho. That makes things a lot easier. I silently close the door and top-toe down the hall. I hear Seung ho's boots stomping up the stairs, it doesn't sound pleasant.

"We need to talk." He hisses when he turns the corner and finds me.

I nod my head and follow him into our bedroom where he locks the door. This isn't going to be good. He doesn't say anything right away so I take a seat by the window and wait for him. His eyebrows are furrowed and he's pacing back and forth in front of me, clenching and unclenching his fists. I know he's angry and he's trying not to blow up. I want to hug him for the effort.

He finally stops pacing and faces the wall, not looking at me. "Have you been talking to Meng sechang?"

That caught me off guard. How does he know everything? I'm tired of lying so I decide to tell him the truth.

"I talked to him once."

He cracks his neck and keeps his voice level. "When?"

"He came to the house last week when you were working late."

He glances at me from the corner of his eye. "You promised me you would never speak to him again."

I stand up from the chair and make my way over to him. I place my hand on his shoulder. "ajumma let him in. I didn't talk to him that long. I asked him to leave."

He steps away from me and walks up to the window. He props him self up with his left arm as he looks out on to the ground.

"Why did he come?" his voice is deadly.

I'm not sure if I should tell him. I know I don't want to turn him in but I know I probably should. He's hurt so many people, so many families and he shouldn't walk free… but I want him to. He's not a good person and I know this but sometimes he can be so…so… I don't know… loving? I want to do the right thing but right now my view of what is right is all screwed up. I decide to stretch the truth a little.

"He wanted to tell me about the New polisi departement."

He faces me and his face is stone. "And what did he want you to consider?"

"What do you mean?" Sometimes I think he has superhuman abilities that allow him to know every little detail about me. Sometimes it scares me.

He takes a letter out of his pocket and unfolds it. Looking down he reads from it. "Dear Eun bin-ah, I hope you're doing well… blah… blah.. Some stupid meng sechang things… oh here it is… I hope you are considering what I told you." He snaps his eyes to mine, "What, exactly did he want you to consider?"

I need to calm him down before he goes insane. So I walk up to him and bring my hands softly to his face. "It doesn't matter. I'm not going to do what he wants. Let's just forget this whole thing."

He reaches up and grabs my wrists, pulling my hands from his face. "Did he touch you?"

"What?" I wish I could kick him right now. I don't want him to go into one of his jealous rages and that is where this conversation is going. Why can't he ever just leave things be?

"I'm not an idiot, park eun bin." Damnit, when he calls me that I know it's never good. "I know that he loves you still. I have a pretty good guess at what he wanted you to consider."

He's sneering at me now and his grip on my wrist becomes tighter, making me wince. "oppa, I'm with you. I'm never going to leave you. Not for meng sechang, or anyone else. Please, just calm down."

His face contorts in anger as he pushes me away from him, letting go of my wrists. I hit the edge of our bed and my eyes follow him as he stomps out of the room and slams the door. He doesn't lock it.

I walk out of the room and down the hallway. I hear him in one of the guest rooms yelling and throwing things, no doubt destroying everything in the room.

As I walk away I smile because it's the room he's destroying… not me. He's definitely changing....